Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Favorite kitesurfboard dimensions for mushy waves/lightwind?

Forum for kitesurfers
laz
Very Frequent Poster
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby laz » Tue Feb 12, 2013 4:50 am

I am going to build another board before spring comes around. I have fcs fin box and fins. Will most likely use foam and make a stringer with carbon fiber strips, unless I somehow get my hands on a blank.

Looking to build a board for mushy 1-5 foot lake michigan waves. Winds 17mph or under. I like smaller boards I can do shove its on, slash, etc. (I can rip it up on my nobile kite skim but want something more for really catching waves to build)

If any of you could please share some of the specs/dimensions of the surf style boards you like the most for the mushy type waves it would be very helpful.

Thanks

ankers
Medium Poster
Gear: BRM
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Favorite kitesurfboard dimensions for mushy waves/lightw

Postby ankers » Wed Feb 13, 2013 5:20 am

i have since a few months a north nugget, exactly what you are looking for. even when the wind picks up, still nice to handle

TommyDuotone
Very Frequent Poster
Favorite Beaches: IB, Rauls, 38's, Gavs
Style: surf
Gear: North, Ocean Rodeo, Firewire

Re: Favorite kitesurfboard dimensions for mushy waves/lightw

Postby TommyDuotone » Wed Feb 13, 2013 6:41 am

I really liked the FireWire sweet potato. Ugly shape but works surprisingly well in not so great surf. Im about 200 lbs and the 5'6" would be my pick for light wind/mushy surf. The 5'8" felt too big to me, where the 5'6 was more lively and skatey, yet still has enough volume(close to 40 L) for free surf on small summer days. Anyway, that's the next board on my wish list.

Return to “Kitesurfing”