Epic Infinity & Bullshit Light Wind Claims

Forum for kitesurfers
tony montana
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: naples fl
Favorite Beaches: naples fl
Style: waverider
Gear: north
Brand Affiliation: north nash cabrina any kite with a safety system that works i mean works
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Epic Infinity & Bullshit Light Wind Claims

Postby tony montana » Fri Mar 08, 2013 5:49 am

toyletbowl wrote:Lucky Dimitri and SE are not in arms length or I'd BITCH SLAP both of you guys.

Been watching this thread when bored, but I was actually curious how the Infinity would perform against the 19m Core.

BUT...you guys blew it.

There's no reason to even post a video unless you switched boards. You switched kites, but not boards? That is testing analysis 101 guys.

Being an Epic dealer and dealer for Slingshot, Cabrinha and soon others, I'm always looking for accurate info and you had a great chance to do compare the 2 kites and reduce most variables, but you guys messed it up.
Honest man bob,love the bitch slap,classic,maybe a pay per view,TONY
Time to start another thread, since this one has lost all credibility.

I'm firm believer there's not a magic bullet with light wind designs and if you gain in one area, you will loose in another. That's why Dimitri built the racer kite also to have a kite that goes upwind better than the Infinity and will have better hang time and lift. But, the Infinity will have more pull and faster turning.

Bob
www.kiteridersllc.com

Kamikuza
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Sabae Beach
Favorite Beaches: Ol' Stinky
Gear: This, that, the other

Postby Kamikuza » Fri Mar 08, 2013 6:43 am

Pump me up wrote:[(Also, the 19m Core WHIPPED the ~16m Epic Infinity in ~7-8 knots. Infinity couldn't stay upwind :naughty: )
But... you said NO kite can perform in 7-8 knots. If the Core can then you're even fuller of shit than you have been ever.

Give it up Chumpy, you've been on a losing kick for years - it's about time you admitted you've been wrong all along and just got on with life.

tautologies
Very Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby tautologies » Fri Mar 08, 2013 7:43 am

ryanroberts1983 wrote:I am so sick of seeing this thread on the front page that I don't even come to this website any more.
then dont

SupaEZ
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Space coast Florida 5th street
Favorite Beaches: One block from condo
Style: surfboard strap waves transitions
Gear: Boards quads & tri
Kites19-17-12-10-8-6-5 sqm

Postby SupaEZ » Fri Mar 08, 2013 2:09 pm

On the beach the day of the video i came down with 2 boards
Both directionals (because this is all i ride)
One was the board "named freerace"..with should be named "farce"..because it ain't that great
5'3" X 18 5/8" Twin 2 x 5.5" fins

The other was Whip 5'7" x 18 5/8" Quad 2 x 4.5" front fins.....2 x 4.0" back fins

The Whip has MORE fin surface area

I choose the other because it is more fun..loose..skaty..pivoty..great at transitions..and a fast jiber
I did extensive testing and it DOES NOT have more low end or upwind ability at all....it is NARROW

I made it clear to Dimitri to go to his car and get his ATV 5'7" x 19 1/2" Quad convertible surfboard
HE SAID i will not need it...he made HIS CHOICE

HE KNEW is only chance against me w/small V3 was too ride the shallow inside glass on LW TT
HE KNEW that by keeping the kite close over the sand he would have more of a chance

I think his reverse launch did not do well because of the very deep V3 luff curve
I think it prevented the kite to rise up easily in 4-5kn

Infinity kites are not the ultimate light wind machines
This is pure marketing
Actually never was ....and never will...the "secret size is way too small" to claim holy grail of LW

bigwave
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 1999
Style: Foil and Surf.
Gear: Kites: Slingshot UFO
Foil: Armstrong
Boards:Slingshot DC100
Harnesses: Mystic Stealth
Wetsuits: Mystic
Glasses: Lip
Brand Affiliation: silentsports.com

Postby bigwave » Fri Mar 08, 2013 2:37 pm

This what I ride in light wind. Actually this,unlike these bullshit claims, really does work in Zero wind. I can go really fast, jump,carve turns and have a great time. This shot was taken in 3-5 knots of wind. Most of the time I have way more fun going round and round than back and forth. lol
Attachments
LW Kite.jpg

Dimitri M
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: I travel all over the world.
Favorite Beaches: So many to list....
Style: MY OWN STYLE :-)
Gear: SCREAMER 7/9/12/14 for Free Style. Not to forget the SCREAMER 10 LTD for my one go kite.
SURF 8 & 12 for the waves. RENEGADE 6.5 and 9 for all around kiting. And some times I use my son's JUNIOR PRO 4 when it blows 45+ for the waves.
Just try the EPICKITES and you will see for yourself.
Brand Affiliation: Owner of EPIC KITES

Postby Dimitri M » Fri Mar 08, 2013 2:57 pm

Whaooo bigwave that is very nice. For me motocross is a very dangerous sport. I rather go SUP in no wind.
But if the wind picks up to (4-5 knots) I always like to push the limits and will try to go on the INFINITY V3 with an SUP board.
Attachments
GPV_0020 1.jpg
Epic 04 5.jpg
GPV_0052 3.jpg

soul19
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Prov
Favorite Beaches: Prov
little current
westbay
Style: try not to drown style
Gear: Whatever I own at the time....
Brand Affiliation: hook a brother up!!!
Been thanked: 0

Postby soul19 » Fri Mar 08, 2013 3:28 pm

Tautologies,

I would love to believe that you are impartial but the more that I read your posts it becomes apparent that your are not. You definitely have issues with Dimitri and anything that has to do with Epic kites. It is not hard to see that the man's approach wears thin with you and you are quite quick to let others know that. The funny thing is that if anyone points out Supa's maliciousness that you just magicially can't see it and he is above board. Really?? I am not a Epic supporter but I can easily see the intentions of individuals when they are claiming to be something that they are not (objective). Pump me up and Supa have made some poor choices in the way that they need to conduct themselves and have lost any crediability with anyone that is watching this thread with any interest. Both kites work well in lightwind!!! WOW that is a newsflash there. A botched, edited relaunch means what??? How many times was this test done and what where the results of those findings??? Was Dimitri aware that this was a full competition or was this something that Supa came up with after the fact??? Ultimately who cares.....?? What a crappy youtube video that is suppose to bring someone like me a revelation?? It is a edited mess with the sole purpose to massage the ego of an individual who has an issue with a statement that a company owner has made. Dimitri can be a bit much at times but at least he has handled himself with a sense of dignity ..... others cannot make that claim.

James
www.theglobalartist.com

Supa needs to come clean with the fact that his use of a lightwind raceboard with lightwind performance fins made the difference in the riding department. Not to mention the added length in lines. How about the both of you use the same board and line lengths and let's see a proper video without the editing. Now that is a video that I believe would truely be objective to the lightwind riding abilities of both kites. Dimitri's added skill should enable him to compensate for the weight difference of the two riders.......Flame on Taut :nono:

edt
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2010
Local Beach: Michigan
Gear: ride hard, no regrets

Postby edt » Fri Mar 08, 2013 3:35 pm

tautologies wrote:
ryanroberts1983 wrote:I am so sick of seeing this thread on the front page that I don't even come to this website any more.
then dont
lol

most passive aggressive thread ever

SupaEZ
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Space coast Florida 5th street
Favorite Beaches: One block from condo
Style: surfboard strap waves transitions
Gear: Boards quads & tri
Kites19-17-12-10-8-6-5 sqm

Postby SupaEZ » Fri Mar 08, 2013 3:36 pm

Oldnbroken wrote:this is not, and was not, a competition between kiters, it was supposed to be a further exploration of two kites, but it turned into a weird dick measuring contest on the beach that you are the host of
I told him NOT to come down to my beach and TEST me...many many times..but he could not resist

It was a competition between kiters and their best LW kites..and their favorite NARROW boards

I knew there was no way he could do better than me....and now HE KNOWS he could not

The video shows it all

supachip1
Medium Poster
Local Beach: south coast uk
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby supachip1 » Fri Mar 08, 2013 3:50 pm

the title of this thread should begin with...extremely long boring thread about....!

Return to “Kitesurfing”