Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Epic Kites 3rd Generation. 3G II

Forum for kitesurfers
Dimitri M
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: I travel all over the world.
Favorite Beaches: So many to list....
Style: MY OWN STYLE :-)
Gear: SCREAMER 7/9/12/14 for Free Style. Not to forget the SCREAMER 10 LTD for my one go kite.
SURF 8 & 12 for the waves. RENEGADE 6.5 and 9 for all around kiting. And some times I use my son's JUNIOR PRO 4 when it blows 45+ for the waves.
Just try the EPICKITES and you will see for yourself.
Brand Affiliation: Owner of EPIC KITES
Has thanked: 0

Re: Epic Kites 3rd Generation. 3G II

Postby Dimitri M » Fri Mar 08, 2013 4:12 pm

Hi Dimitri, are you able to get some pics or reviews of the V3 on a race board - for the 'fun' side of lightwind cruising... A lot of people are curious about this side of it, as opposed to a race kite.,.
Hello Kite2Heaven, once the INFINITY V3 comes out on the market I will be able to get some reviews on the INFINITY V3 on a RACE board. But again if you have a RACE board then you should try to use the RACER 17 kite. The INFINITY V2 & V3 is designed for waves/freestyle not for racing but of course you can still race with it but it won't perform as good as the RACER model kite that we have. Same thing if you take the RACER in the waves of for kiteloops and freestyle moves, it won't perform as well as the INFINITY. These are 2 different kite models.
Attachments
Racing.jpg
RACER 17.jpg
Infinity v2 racing.jpg
INFINITY V2 on raceboard.jpg

Dimitri M
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: SCREAMER 7/9/12/14 for Free Style. Not to forget the SCREAMER 10 LTD for my one go kite.
SURF 8 & 12 for the waves. RENEGADE 6.5 and 9 for all around kiting. And some times I use my son's JUNIOR PRO 4 when it blows 45+ for the waves.

Postby Dimitri M » Sun Mar 10, 2013 7:05 pm

Hello guys,we are back in the Outer Banks (NC. USA) after a long 3 months days of demos all over the place. Any way I have these demo/used kites for sale if any one is interested in.

RENEGADE 5 (3G) kite only $500
RENEGADE 7 (3GII) kite only $550
RENEGADE 11 (3GII) kite only $650
RENEGADE 13 (3G) kite only $695
RACER 17 (3G II) kite only $850

+ shipping of course.

I know once I post these on they will go fast. So if you are interested please email me as soon as possible to: dimitri@epickites.com

soul19
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Prov
Favorite Beaches: Prov
little current
westbay
Style: try not to drown style
Gear: Whatever I own at the time....
Brand Affiliation: hook a brother up!!!
Been thanked: 0

Postby soul19 » Sun Mar 10, 2013 9:11 pm

Hey Dimitri,

I have been interested in the Judge kite and was wondering if you are also working on improving that kite from the 3G model? It appears that this is one part of the Epic product line that gets very little attention. What is the overall opinions of this kite outside the little that is found on this site? I am curious as to how others compare this to the Vegas/Hifi or rather the RPM/C4? Demo's are not an option where I live so for the most part I buy before I try (gotta love the used market) and that option can be frustrating at times. I am finicky when it comes to my gear and if I don't like something I move on quickly. I have enjoyed Wainman kites, love my 2007 waroo but hated the Kahoona's, tried and own a Nano but not a fan of that kite, been on Hifi's (liked them but hated the 2009 bar) and currently riding Noise kites 10/6 (nice kites but not awe inspiring). I am not a great kiter but don't shy away from trying anything (I don't care if it is a C, bow, hybrid or delta). I have no particular preference in riding style (wakestyle, waves, freestyle, snow kiting or free riding) and at this point a kite that can dabble in all disciplines seem good to me. I have a fear that the renegade is too similar to the Nano and the screamer just doesn't interest me. I like the look of the judge and was hoping that it would be similar to the RPM/C4. Also I like that it comes in just the 11/8 and that would fit in nice between the noise kites that I own.

James

Dimitri M
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Dimitri M » Sun Mar 10, 2013 10:12 pm

Hey Dimitri,
I have been interested in the Judge kite and was wondering if you are also working on improving that kite from the 3G model? It appears that this is one part of the Epic product line that gets very little attention. What is the overall opinions of this kite outside the little that is found on this site? I am curious as to how others compare this to the Vegas/Hifi or rather the RPM/C4? Demo's are not an option where I live so for the most part I buy before I try (gotta love the used market) and that option can be frustrating at times. I am finicky when it comes to my gear and if I don't like something I move on quickly. I have enjoyed Wainman kites, love my 2007 waroo but hated the Kahoona's, tried and own a Nano but not a fan of that kite, been on Hifi's (liked them but hated the 2009 bar) and currently riding Noise kites 10/6 (nice kites but not awe inspiring). I am not a great kiter but don't shy away from trying anything (I don't care if it is a C, bow, hybrid or delta). I have no particular preference in riding style (wakestyle, waves, freestyle, snow kiting or free riding) and at this point a kite that can dabble in all disciplines seem good to me. I have a fear that the renegade is too similar to the Nano and the screamer just doesn't interest me. I like the look of the judge and was hoping that it would be similar to the RPM/C4. Also I like that it comes in just the 11/8 and that would fit in nice between the noise kites that I own.
Hello James,
The JUDGE comes in 11/8 and now in 6 meter also. I think you need to demo one so you get a better understanding about the JUDGE "C" kite. Every body that has been looking for a "C" kite and tried the JUDGE kite did really like it and few of them were surprise that they don't hear much about the JUDGE kite.
The only reason you don't hear too much about the JUDGE "C" kite is because it is a totally different style and most of the wake style people are kids and they are the one looking for this type of kite. Me personally it is not my kite because it doesn't have the hang time that the SCREAMER has for the tricks I like to do. But it is a very powerful kite and that is why we had to make also a 6 meter JUDGE. I think the best thing for you will be to try it so you can get your answer so you can compare it with the RPM/C4. If you don't care about the hang time then yes the JUDGE will be a good call. But have you had the chance to try the RENEGADE!!! Because that is a great kite also.
Any way email me at: dimitri@epickites.com to find our were you are located and see if there is a dealer near you that you can demo the kite. But any way email me and we go from there.

kitingkt
Very Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby kitingkt » Mon Mar 11, 2013 8:01 pm

Hi James,

I ride the Renegades but, picked up a Judge 8 last year. I have been riding it a while and it is quite the different kite. It flies through the air faster and goes upwind easily. It doesn't handle the gusts as well but, that could be because I am used to SLE's and can just sheet. out. This one you steer more with the board. The relaunch is what sold me. I can easily get this out of the water, not as fast as my Renegades but, it is much easier than the C kites of old. For unhooked tricks, this is nice. Doesn't pull as hard as my Renegades and slacks much easier after the trick is done.

It's a fun addition to the SLE's for sure. Different feel in riding and loops great.

kt

windsuks
Very Frequent Poster
Style: surf/old school
Gear: Airush/North/Ozone/RRD
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby windsuks » Mon Mar 11, 2013 11:07 pm

We've been thrown back into winter here in the UK the past week with plenty of snow too!
This was yesterday with temp of -6 with the wind chill.

soul19
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Prov
Favorite Beaches: Prov
little current
westbay
Style: try not to drown style
Gear: Whatever I own at the time....
Brand Affiliation: hook a brother up!!!

Postby soul19 » Mon Mar 11, 2013 11:11 pm

I was curious as to the development of the judge in the upcoming season.... is it going to remain the same or is there plans on trying to improve it's performance? I think that I may have read that it was going to remain the same and if so than that makes me very curious. Is the new 4G kites of the Renegade and Screamer going to have any variations (if so than why is the Judge being left alone)? I like when kite companies will only make improvements on their products when it is warrented as to just filling in a new kite for the calendar year. It appears that Epic creates new improvements yearly (I could be wrong) and that makes me a little nervous about sheding out some cash for a kite that I can't try (Demo's are too far away and because the judge is the first generation I can assume that their will be bugs to iron out). I like the look of the kite and I am intrigued by it and may just have to wait till one floats around for me to try. I also like the look of the new 10M ltd but that is for another post :thumb:

James
www.theglobalartist.com

Dimitri, your graphics on your kites are very nice and I can appreciate the work that was put into their design. They have a beautiful overall appearance and there is no mistaking your kites for another brand (the big epic symbol also aids in that as well).

Dimitri M
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Dimitri M » Tue Mar 12, 2013 1:18 pm

I was curious as to the development of the judge in the upcoming season.... is it going to remain the same or is there plans on trying to improve it's performance? I think that I may have read that it was going to remain the same and if so than that makes me very curious. Is the new 4G kites of the Renegade and Screamer going to have any variations (if so than why is the Judge being left alone)? I like when kite companies will only make improvements on their products when it is warrented as to just filling in a new kite for the calendar year. It appears that Epic creates new improvements yearly (I could be wrong) and that makes me a little nervous about sheding out some cash for a kite that I can't try (Demo's are too far away and because the judge is the first generation I can assume that their will be bugs to iron out). I like the look of the kite and I am intrigued by it and may just have to wait till one floats around for me to try. I also like the look of the new 10M ltd but that is for another post :thumb:
James
www.theglobalartist.com
Dimitri, your graphics on your kites are very nice and I can appreciate the work that was put into their design. They have a beautiful overall appearance and there is no mistaking your kites for another brand (the big epic symbol also aids in that as well).
Hello soul19,
We are always working on improving all our products and once we get something better will introduce it to the market. Right now we are still working on few of the JUDGE prototypes in order to improve what we have. Once we have something better will introduce it to the market. It might take 6 months it might take 2 years. The JUDGE V1 has been in the market for 2 seasons now.
Any way I hope this answers your question.
Also we don't go by year we go by generation in order to make our dealers happy. So you can call the V3 (2016).
:thumb:
Attachments
DSC_0031 2.jpg
GPV-90 6.jpg
DSC_0091 1.jpg
GPV-104 4.jpg
GPV-127 2.jpg
GPV-109 1.jpg

Dimitri M
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Dimitri M » Tue Mar 12, 2013 6:43 pm

Bonjour à tous.
Je voulais simplement vous dire que nous venons tout juste d'ouvrir un nouveau dealer EPIC en France qui s'appele: www.ekiteloop.com
Donc, si vous êtes en France et vous souhaitez voir les kites EPIC n'hésitez pas à entrer en contact avec notre revendeur d'EPIC.

P.S. I guess this applies only for French kiters that live in France. :D Well in few words if you don't speak French, we just opened a new EPIC dealer in France.

YOUTUBE:

VIMEO:
Last edited by Dimitri M on Tue Mar 12, 2013 11:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.

thierrydehove
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Anguilla BWI
Favorite Beaches: Anguilla BWI, Hawaii and Brazil
Style: waves
Gear: Epic
Brand Affiliation: Epic

Postby thierrydehove » Tue Mar 12, 2013 7:08 pm

j'adore l'iguane ;)