Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Switch wetsuit - reviews anyone?

Forum for kitesurfers
Laughingman
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Kettle Point, Mitchell's Bay, Rondeau Bay
Favorite Beaches: Kettle Point, Mitchell's Bay, Rondeau Bay, Long Bay, Cayo Guillermo, La Ventana
Gear: Ocean Rodeo Gen6 Flites 10m, 12m Gen2 Roams 6m and 8m, Cloud D 4.8, 6.2, 8.0, 10.4
Xeon Laluz, Mako Wide 150, Jellyfish Custom surf board quad fin 6', LF Impulse Foil and Kanaha Shapes 37" board
Engine Harness with slider

Re: Switch wetsuit - reviews anyone?

Postby Laughingman » Tue Apr 02, 2013 4:53 am

Kamikuza wrote:
Laughingman wrote:Thanks for the review Kami... mine is on its way, hopefully I get it before the weekend.
Should've pointed out that I'm used to colder temps and have more insulation than many people ;) so while I'm warm at 12˚C, others might be suffering - I know the locals are still in dry suits...

I kited all through winter, as air temp hovered around 0˚C and it was even snowing some sessions - used my 6/5/4 Hyperflex Amp3 and 5mm NPX boots'n'gloves... and was impervious to the weather, totally comfy. Got way too hot when temps climbed, although my 3/2 was too cold. The Switch fills the gap perfectly.
No woriries, I'm not buying this for drysuit weather. The amp 3 4/3 has served me well, but after a few years its time for a change

Kamikuza
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Sabae Beach
Favorite Beaches: Ol' Stinky
Gear: This, that, the other

Re: Switch wetsuit - reviews anyone?

Postby Kamikuza » Tue Apr 02, 2013 11:47 am

Laughingman wrote:
Kamikuza wrote:
Laughingman wrote:Thanks for the review Kami... mine is on its way, hopefully I get it before the weekend.
Should've pointed out that I'm used to colder temps and have more insulation than many people ;) so while I'm warm at 12˚C, others might be suffering - I know the locals are still in dry suits...

I kited all through winter, as air temp hovered around 0˚C and it was even snowing some sessions - used my 6/5/4 Hyperflex Amp3 and 5mm NPX boots'n'gloves... and was impervious to the weather, totally comfy. Got way too hot when temps climbed, although my 3/2 was too cold. The Switch fills the gap perfectly.
No woriries, I'm not buying this for drysuit weather. The amp 3 4/3 has served me well, but after a few years its time for a change
I think I might have survived winter with a hooded 4/3 suit, if it was lined...

Change is as good as a holiday, they say! :D

Return to “Kitesurfing”