Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Let's go Surfing without the kite & Paddling

Forum for kitesurfers
tautologies
Very Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Let's go Surfing without the kite & Paddling

Postby tautologies » Thu Apr 18, 2013 8:04 pm

DirkGently wrote: f*** whoever invented this....
:o
Yeah a preemptive f*** this or that will do it...lol

Makani. I dont disagree but it think the lineups will take care of that.
One of the great things about kiting is that we avoid exhaust...that said I'm sure it would be fun to check out.

Dr Makani
Medium Poster
Local Beach: CA, HI
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby Dr Makani » Thu Apr 18, 2013 9:08 pm

tautologies wrote:
DirkGently wrote: f*** whoever invented this....
:o
Yeah a preemptive f*** this or that will do it...lol

Makani. I dont disagree but it think the lineups will take care of that.
One of the great things about kiting is that we avoid exhaust...that said I'm sure it would be fun to check out.
Well, kiting at least has some sort of a Darwin-ish selection process in the beginning - and the rest of the idiots will die off later in the proceedings. THAT board is locked and loaded in 10 min for every beach m0r0n mowing down our shore-waters. Imagine 1% of our HI tourist having a board like that on Waikiki or Kailua?!?!! As if their regular stupidity wouldn't enough, hey, we just enhance it.
I am sooo helpless imagining a Japanese tourist-teenager roaring towards me - I am afraid I have to set my kite on fire ...

more peace

tautologies
Very Frequent Poster

Postby tautologies » Thu Apr 18, 2013 9:37 pm

Dr Makani wrote: Well, kiting at least has some sort of a Darwin-ish selection process in the beginning - and the rest of the idiots will die off later in the proceedings. THAT board is locked and loaded in 10 min for every beach m0r0n mowing down our shore-waters. Imagine 1% of our HI tourist having a board like that on Waikiki or Kailua?!?!! As if their regular stupidity wouldn't enough, hey, we just enhance it.
I am sooo helpless imagining a Japanese tourist-teenager roaring towards me - I am afraid I have to set my kite on fire ...

more peace
ha, that shit is already banned here. I bet it falls under the jetski laws, and are the most restricted of all watercrafts. Or as they are called recreational thrill crafts / or personal watercraft....so as you can imagine tow-in surfing is highly restricted.

Jetskis lasted 5 minutes in waikiki before being completely banned. Same for Kailua Bay...you can drive boats there though...go figure.

Edit: definition of PWC: Personal Watercraft (PWC)
Any motorized vessel that falls into the category of personal watercraft and which is generally less than thirteen feet in length as manufactured, and capable of exceeding a speed of twenty miles per hour. It can be operated by a single operator, but may have the capacity to carry passengers while in operation.

Westozzy
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Mandurah
Style: Freeride, wave
Gear: Rebel, Vegas 2012

Postby Westozzy » Fri Apr 19, 2013 10:17 am

Jetskis lasted 5 minutes in waikiki before being completely banned. Same for Kailua Bay...you can drive boats there though...go figure.

Massive kudos to that! Noisy fucken moronic machines driven by dickless surburbanite fucks. Except for toe ins on big ass waves where no one is around...ooy yeh that's awesome.

kazama-fury
Medium Poster

Postby kazama-fury » Fri Apr 19, 2013 10:58 am

Am I the only one that thinks these things look stupid. I also think they are pretty heavy which makes it hard to carve and carry these anyway, don't think these will be very popular.

not annonymous
Very Frequent Poster

Postby not annonymous » Sat Apr 20, 2013 2:27 am

Relax, these things have been around since the mid eightys.

NeWORBiT
Rare Poster
Local Beach: Blue Mesa Reservoir
Style: gimpy old school
Gear: 11m HQ neo II, 6m Slingsnot

Postby NeWORBiT » Sat Apr 20, 2013 3:11 am

This a great development, i would hate to see all of the under nourished masses in developed countries getting too much exercise (sarcasm). C'mon kids, burn carbohydrates not hydrocarbons! Jet skis were the scourge of a southern Colorado lake I used to windsurf on, absolutely no concept of right of way rules, barely dodged them a few times. Wish there was kiting back then, jumping over their heads would have made them reconsider getting so close.
I can see why Toby would like these obnoxious, noisy, smelly toys. Consider all the new ad revenue for the following, yet to be developed products:
- Q-pianowire replacement linesets,
- Slingshotgun Magnum bar set,
- SS (stainless steel) razor sharp fins, available in big size only,
- for the SUP crowd, the RPG paddle would be a blast,
- and for wake boarders lacking a boat, the super barbed long wire taser would give a wild ride.
Hey just kidding, I'm totally non violent, up to a certain point. :heartface:
Any more ideas? Bring it.

Rbgar
Frequent Poster
Favorite Beaches: nude-
Style: Smooth
Gear: Everything
Brand Affiliation: Self sponsored team rider

Postby Rbgar » Sun Apr 21, 2013 2:07 pm

It's a new twist on a old idea, we had the surf jets in the 80's, long and short board models. The short board ones were fun, couldn't turn the longboards.

Peter_Frank
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Peter_Frank » Sun Apr 21, 2013 3:03 pm

I dont understand why all in here is so "super eco and enviromental" freaks....

It is a great invention (although not new as pointed out) - maybe it wont catch on, but the idea itself is great !

I dont like noisy things myself, nor jet ski's etc - but they have a purpose in some areas - and I think many surfers has been rescued from drowning because of these :thumb:

Some like riding motorcycles, other bikes, some both - there is a place for everything IMO 8)

:D Peter

Dave_5280
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 1997
Weight: 78 kg
Favorite Beaches: Kanaha Beach Park, Maui, Hawaii, U.S.
Style: Freeride
Gear: Switchblades, Contras, CF Raptor TT. Ozone Frenzy foil kites with skis. Fixed bridle foil kites on handles with MBS landboard. Progression Sports videos.

Postby Dave_5280 » Sun Apr 21, 2013 9:53 pm

How much do they cost?

Return to “Kitesurfing”