Forum for kitesurfers
joshbell
Rare Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Boosted trick how-to: the 3x3

Postby joshbell » Thu Apr 25, 2013 3:21 am

The double Backroll with a loop is a great trick to learn and feels great. I've been doing the trick for a couple of years now and my two favorite variations are going into the double rotation fast and low (feels like a corkscrew) I like the name "the blender" never heard that.......and the other more of a double backroll transition. Both variations give a good pull with the loop to straighten you after the second rotation. Definitely one of my favorites.

sequence shot.
http://joshbell.slickpic.com/a/Kiteboar ... er#3765739

The two versions I do.
https://vimeo.com/64764407

This was the year learning them.
https://vimeo.com/29094573

Toby
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2000
Weight: 95 kg
Local Beach: Cumbuco, Brazil
Barra do Cauipe, Brazil
Favorite Beaches: same
Style: Airstyle
Gear: Rebel 2015 18
Brand Affiliation: None.

Postby Toby » Thu Apr 25, 2013 6:26 am

Yeah, sweet trick!

It even works with my 18...I really glide just above the water.
Grabbing the board makes it perfect stylish!

And once you have the feeling for it, just do it as one foot and then as boardoff.

yomotha
Frequent Poster
Style: Whatever I feel like for the day
Gear: Core, Lift
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby yomotha » Thu Apr 25, 2013 6:49 am

There's no inversion in those double backrolls. Start a non-inverted backroll thread if you want to discuss normal backrolls. :lol:

TuckerM
Rare Poster
Local Beach: La Ventana, BCS
Squamish, BC
Favorite Beaches: La Ventana
Squamish
Nitinaht
Boracay
Da Hood
Style: Wakestyle/Freeride
Gear: Switchblade custom 5'10
Switchblade custom 5'7 Punt

Peter Lynn POS
Brand Affiliation: Switchblade

Postby TuckerM » Sun Apr 28, 2013 3:33 am

Osprey1 wrote: Regarding the kiteloop on the 2nd roll with a triple that is "The Blender" which is a fun trick as well (I did this move in a comp last year but the judges only scored it a triple backroll and ignored the loop, just trying to do something different). This trick is similar the Bas Koole transition so that's a good starting point but the first flip goes upwind and the second is downwind
Did you not "study up" like I said?

A "blender" is a wrapped Heelside Backroll - Invented by Eric Perez

and when you state "upwind and downwind flips" I am taking that as a frontside or backside rotation correct? so with your first flip I'm guessing its a backside rotation then. Are you saying that the second rotation switched to a frontside rotation which would correctly called a revert or rewind.

all in all do it powered, do it during a comp, but most importantly this is the internets pics or it didn't happen

Get a camera and film that shit!!! then you can claim it bro :nono:

Toby I know you are a strictly hooked amigo, but what do you think will bring the best progression and legitimacy to our sport

Also who is claiming the names to these hooked in dangle tricks? I know Shawn did his name my trick vids but I have never heard a dude on my beach come up to me and talk about how he just learnt how to do a 3x3 I'd say he's been spending to much time at In-&-Out Burger. Animal style that.

TuckerM
Rare Poster
Local Beach: La Ventana, BCS
Squamish, BC
Favorite Beaches: La Ventana
Squamish
Nitinaht
Boracay
Da Hood
Style: Wakestyle/Freeride
Gear: Switchblade custom 5'10
Switchblade custom 5'7 Punt

Peter Lynn POS
Brand Affiliation: Switchblade

Postby TuckerM » Sun Apr 28, 2013 3:44 am

edt wrote:there's that video of him on the loose they dont show the landing in one take instead there's a cut edit :-)
Ruben has never claimed the S-Loop, so it's still up for grabs i guess. Talked to him in the hood about it, I do know the clip your talking about and that is more of a figure 8, so I'm going to call that one the infinity loop and I can do it, i just have to film it one of these days :P :worry:

Return to “Kitesurfing”