Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Epic Kites 3rd Generation. 3G II

Forum for kitesurfers
Dimitri M
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: I travel all over the world.
Favorite Beaches: So many to list....
Style: MY OWN STYLE :-)
Gear: SCREAMER 7/9/12/14 for Free Style. Not to forget the SCREAMER 10 LTD for my one go kite.
SURF 8 & 12 for the waves. RENEGADE 6.5 and 9 for all around kiting. And some times I use my son's JUNIOR PRO 4 when it blows 45+ for the waves.
Just try the EPICKITES and you will see for yourself.
Brand Affiliation: Owner of EPIC KITES
Has thanked: 0

Re: Epic Kites 3rd Generation. 3G II

Postby Dimitri M » Sun Apr 28, 2013 8:43 pm

alexeyga,
Let me know if these inputs you received from few of these kiters did help you in making your choice to what size to get next.

alexeyga
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2006
Weight: 200
Favorite Beaches: Ocean shore!
Style: Freeride dongling
Gear: Eleveight / Shinn / North / Axis / Slingshot / Airush

Postby alexeyga » Mon Apr 29, 2013 1:19 am

Thanks for the replies everybody! It's a tough one - I already have the 10m LTD, which easily covers both Renegade 9 and 11, but since this is for my g/f who's just getting into the sport - I'd rather get a dedicated Renegade for her to learn on as these are a lot more forgiving. Will most likely go with the 9m though - it should be powerful enough for her small frame on a reasonably-sized board. Gotta get her through the trainer first - just to see if she's got what it takes! :thumb: :jump: :lol:

Dimitri M
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: SCREAMER 7/9/12/14 for Free Style. Not to forget the SCREAMER 10 LTD for my one go kite.
SURF 8 & 12 for the waves. RENEGADE 6.5 and 9 for all around kiting. And some times I use my son's JUNIOR PRO 4 when it blows 45+ for the waves.

Postby Dimitri M » Mon Apr 29, 2013 3:22 am

alexeyga,
Since the RENEGADE kite is for your girl friend, then definitely get the RENEGADE 9. She will be able to use this kite from 15 to 22+- mph because of her weight and with a small Twin Tip board (+- 130 x 39cm).
If she wants to go in lighter winds, then you will need to let her get on a bigger board to be able to plane in lighter conditions, something like (+-135 x 44cm) Twin Tip. With this board she will be able to kite in 12 to 15 mph. Then if the wind increase all she has to do is switch boards and keep the same RENEGADE 9. Also the RENEGADES come with an extra set of (15m) lines in the bags. If it's too windy for her you can always put her on 15 meter lines and this will make the 9 meter have the power of an 8 meter kite.
I hope this makes sense.

Dimitri M
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Dimitri M » Mon Apr 29, 2013 4:14 pm

On another note, have you guys noticed the word "EPIC" is every where now. Since we started EPIC kites three years ago, I've been seen the word "EPIC" being used more and more in movies, ads, news, phrases and so on....I guess people love "EPIC".
Attachments
GET READY FOR THE EPIC MOVIE.jpg

Dimitri M
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Dimitri M » Thu May 02, 2013 12:19 pm

These are some pictures of 10 year old Cameron Maramenides right after school testing some of the kids Surf board and kites in the ocean.
Attachments
DSC_0011 1.jpg
DSC_0069.jpg
DSC_0237 12.jpg
DSC_0091 3.jpg
DSC_0182 7.jpg
DSC_0207 6.jpg
DSC_0213 8.jpg
DSC_0248 15.jpg
DSC_0236 11.jpg
DSC_0243 13.jpg
DSC_0223 10.jpg
DSC_0163 5.jpg

JessicaWinkler
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Long Bay, Turks & Caicos
Style: Surf, freestyle, speed
Gear: RRD Boards: Bliss, Maquina, C.O.T.A.N
RRD Kites: Obsession, Religion
Brand Affiliation: RRD, Adidas Eyewear, LifeProof, MG Surfline, Freeride Project, GlideSoul
Been thanked: 0

Postby JessicaWinkler » Thu May 02, 2013 4:35 pm

alexeyga wrote:Thanks for the replies everybody! It's a tough one - I already have the 10m LTD, which easily covers both Renegade 9 and 11, but since this is for my g/f who's just getting into the sport - I'd rather get a dedicated Renegade for her to learn on as these are a lot more forgiving. Will most likely go with the 9m though - it should be powerful enough for her small frame on a reasonably-sized board. Gotta get her through the trainer first - just to see if she's got what it takes! :thumb: :jump: :lol:
Just so you know, i'm 56 kilos and I find the 9m Renegade VERY powerful. I can only use it in like 14 - 16 knots of wind unless i'm racing. How much wind do you ride in? I really like my 8m Judge it's such a nice size for my frame in a lot of different wind conditions.

alexeyga
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2006
Weight: 200
Favorite Beaches: Ocean shore!
Style: Freeride dongling
Gear: Eleveight / Shinn / North / Axis / Slingshot / Airush

Postby alexeyga » Thu May 02, 2013 6:51 pm

Jessica, unless we're somewhere down South, we're riding whatever the nature is throwing at us.

Which consists of:

90% of 10-20kn
5% of 20-25kn
and 5% of 20-40kn

Yeah... not everybody lives where it blows 18kn all year round.... :angryfire:

So as such, 9m + 130ish board should do the job. At my level of riding I rarely bother going to a spot unless there's a solid 18kn (average) forecast anyways.

Thanks for the input! :thumb:

Meanwhile I'm having hard time holding more praising for the 10m LTD, so here it goes - this thing is MENTAL!!! Had a chance to fly it last Monday on Champlain and it was, one of the crappies days I had on that spot ever! ON/OFF all day long and during the "ON" periods it was oscillating between 10 to 25 knots... So at one point it got a little too much for my 13LTD, so I've pumped up the 10LTD and went out despite the fact that the wind was dropping again. Well, tough sh#t!!! My buddy had troubles keeping up with me with his 13LTD despite being lighter and riding a bigger board! :jump: 10LTD has an insane low-end and even if it's not enough for jumping, you can still go upwind and ride like there's no Tomorrow! I was also rather surprised by the gust-handling ability of that kite - nothing like the first generations. 3G(II) eats gusts for breakfast! In my experience this is one of the smoothest 10m-s to date!

I remember somebody recommending the 10LTD as the perfect 1-kite-quiver. Couldn't agree more! :thumb:

Dimitri, where ever you were going with this kite, please don't change the direction! :bye:
Last edited by alexeyga on Thu May 02, 2013 9:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

nikalaitzian
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 1999
Local Beach: Loutsa Nissakia,Oropos,Vouliagmeni
Style: wave,bigair,megaloops,hydrofoil,wingfoil
Gear: Epic kites,BTS kiteboards,cohete surfboards,SAB,GAC hydrofoils
Brand Affiliation: Epic Kites,GAC

Postby nikalaitzian » Thu May 02, 2013 9:14 pm

Dimitri M wrote:These are some pictures of 10 year old Cameron Maramenides right after school testing some of the kids Surf board and kites in the ocean.
Holy Shit!!!Cameron cant wait to ride with you when you come in Greece!!!This kid is ROCK HARD :mosh: :dance: :yourock:

Dimitri M
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Dimitri M » Fri May 03, 2013 2:52 am

Poster:alexeyga
Dimitri, where ever you were going with this kite, please don't change the direction! :bye:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Mr.alexeyga I Momi and I took the same ideas that we had for the S10 ltd (3G) and added some spices to it and came up with something even better then the SCREAMER 10 ltd that you have. You will be very impressed with the SCREAMER 10 ltd "4G".

On another note these are some pictures of today in Avon (NC-USA) ocean side.
Attachments
Dimitri and son Cameron on the RENEGADE 4G prototype.jpg
Dimitri on his new Green Hyperflex suit.jpg
Taking off.jpg
G0040293 10.jpg
GOPR0648 3.jpg
GPV_0076 3.jpg
Dimitri strapless.jpg
Dimitri.jpg
Dimitri and son Cameron.jpg

Dj A-Ron
Frequent Poster