Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Difference between Nobile 50/fifty and NHP boards?

Forum for kitesurfers
bayron
Medium Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Difference between Nobile 50/fifty and NHP boards?

Postby bayron » Fri May 03, 2013 8:21 am

i've tried 50/50 and for me it seemed too narrow, when wind drops it's very hard to go for planning. on contrary due to wide shape NHP have great upwind yet so wide board is difficult to hold edge. don't know for me these boards seems too incomparable. if you want board which combines the best of both i would go for aboards X-series. wider as 50/50 so stays good also when wind is not so strong in the same time excellent pop and also compatible with boots. also aboards Z-series and nobile T5 would be good choice.

doublerumandcoke
Frequent Poster

Postby doublerumandcoke » Fri May 03, 2013 8:52 am

THE ROCKER
makes a huge difference. The NHP is silky smoooth in crud and pops well but its SLOW in comparison to the 50/Fifty. I'm 86kg and rode the 137 NHP and the 50Fifty pretty much back to back. For a 90kg rider go with the bigger 50Fifty.
The NHP ride is easier and the boards tracks upwind more, Both land solidly unlike flatter SHINN's such as the Monk or Supershinn.

If you have endless wind, then NHP but if you need low end go with the 50Fifty.

DRC

alohasurfer73
Medium Poster
Favorite Beaches: Dolphin Beach, Cape Town.
Style: Aggresive freeride
Gear: Naish

Postby alohasurfer73 » Fri May 03, 2013 12:16 pm

Now we're talking, thanks guys!! Would any of you say that the 50 is a bit too soft, so that there is a risk that you stomp the foot "through" the board when you stomp to pop? I mean, a stiffer board has a more direct pop, and if you have aboard that is too soft for your weight, there is a risk you push through the board and you get no pop, right?

marinjo
Rare Poster
Style: I won to begin

Postby marinjo » Fri May 03, 2013 4:20 pm

I think that for riders from 90 kg and more best board from nobile is 2hd...I will buy this board..first I think to buy 50fifty but model from this year is too small for me( 140x40 is to small)..What y think about that?

alohasurfer73
Medium Poster

Postby alohasurfer73 » Fri May 03, 2013 7:15 pm

I tried 50fifty 140x41 from 2012, and that's the one I'm wondering if it's too soft for me? I'm sure 2hd is great but I ride in Swedish choppy conditions, and then I think it's too stiff.

kuczwas
Medium Poster

Postby kuczwas » Fri May 03, 2013 9:33 pm

I rode 2hd in chop a couple of times, it was suprisingly smooth there. 2HD is stiffer and rocker is flatter.
The board is very efficient, goes really fast, one can hold huge amount of power, has more locked-in feel. Huge jumper. Goes upwind like crazy.

alohasurfer73
Medium Poster

Postby alohasurfer73 » Sun May 05, 2013 8:06 am

Guess I will have to give 2hd a go in egypt as well then ;)

LanBro
Frequent Poster
Style: Old School
Gear: 2019 Rebel / RPM

Postby LanBro » Wed May 08, 2013 12:34 am

Last year I had the opportunity to ride the 50, 2hd and NHP. I wanted one but wasn't sure. I kept trading back and forth and had a tough time deciding between the 2hd and NHP.

For me the 50 was very skatey. It came down to the 2hd and nhp. I rode them back to back for a hour. The NHP had the best pop. The 2hd was fast and had great grip. I eventually bought the 2hd and love it. I have to say if I saw a cheap NHP I would get it.

Return to “Kitesurfing”