Local Beach: scarborough, portland, hampton
Gear: hq
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

New Hampshire Kite Lesson, awesome!!!!

Postby trxl2 » Sun Feb 06, 2011 4:37 pm

Hello everyone,

I am from Northern New Hampshire and took my first lesson last friday. I thought I was going to have to wait to spring and travel south, but I found an instructor at International Mountain Equipment and took a lesson on snow kiting. It was a great experience so I thought I would share it. Also, getting into this sport is sometimes frustrating and expensive way up here, and so I figured getting into this forum is a great place for information and people who want to help.

here are some pictures taken on Ossipee Lake in New Hampshire, winds were 15mph west
Attachments
Feb 4 2011 010.jpg
about to pack up, btw those power lines are much further than they look.
Feb 4 2011 009.jpg
I was flying an 8m ozone that Zeb, my instructor flies to the top of Mt Washington.
Feb 4 2011 008.jpg
Feb 4 2011 007.jpg
Feb 4 2011 006.jpg
winds started to pickup in the higher elevations, but it was still a great day

NHtodd
Rare Poster
Local Beach: Hampton,NH
Style: Just learning to kiteboard
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: New Hampshire Kite Lesson, awesome!!!!

Postby NHtodd » Mon May 13, 2013 3:03 am

That is friggin awesome. Im in Southern NH and am finally this year getting my gear been flying anything I can get my hands on for a long time unfortunately no big kites though I cant wait to get out there. Nice pics thats very cool.

Return to “Kitesurfing”