Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Contra 2014 Reviews

forum for kitesurfers


markymarc
Medium Poster
Posts: 57
Joined: Sat Aug 24, 2013 11:19 pm
Kiting since: 2009
Local Beach: Katwijk
Favorite Beaches: Sotavento
Zandmotor
Sprecklesville
Diamond Head
Style: freeride
Gear: North Select 2013 and 2014
Cabrinha Switchblade 7 and 10 2014
North Whip 2013
Cabrinha Contra 15m 2014
Brand Affiliation: none

Re: Contra 2014 Reviews

Postby markymarc » Wed Nov 27, 2013 8:08 pm

Excellent review Heinzbusch. I flew my new Contra 15 last Sunday for 30 minutes until 20 knots but then I had to pick my 10m SB. So I cannot really judge yet..

Will post later my experiences...

superpak101
Medium Poster
Posts: 68
Joined: Wed Jul 11, 2012 12:30 am
Kiting since: 2011
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Contra 2014 Reviews

Postby superpak101 » Thu Nov 28, 2013 4:51 am

Hey Markymarc,

Have you tested the low end on your 15m? If so, what can you ride and jump in? Remember to post your weight and board side.

Much appreciated!

markymarc
Medium Poster
Posts: 57
Joined: Sat Aug 24, 2013 11:19 pm
Kiting since: 2009
Local Beach: Katwijk
Favorite Beaches: Sotavento
Zandmotor
Sprecklesville
Diamond Head
Style: freeride
Gear: North Select 2013 and 2014
Cabrinha Switchblade 7 and 10 2014
North Whip 2013
Cabrinha Contra 15m 2014
Brand Affiliation: none

Re: Contra 2014 Reviews

Postby markymarc » Thu Nov 28, 2013 10:56 am

superpak101 wrote:Hey Markymarc,

Have you tested the low end on your 15m? If so, what can you ride and jump in? Remember to post your weight and board side.

Much appreciated!


I am 81 kg and with my North select 136cm it will be around 11 knots...but still need to double check! :bye:

heinzbush
Medium Poster
Posts: 188
Joined: Sat Mar 02, 2013 3:59 pm
Kiting since: 1
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Contra 2014 Reviews

Postby heinzbush » Thu Nov 28, 2013 1:17 pm

also wanna highlight something "not so great":

did you guys also found some "glue/print leftovers" on the canopy... It looks like the color/print was not fully dried and it left some small patches on the white canopy...

It was small, maybe 1-2mm big "patches" on 2 or 3 areas and I could more or less fully remove it, but on the nice white canopy it stood out when I was pumping up...

of course, this doesn't impact how the beast is flying :)))

User avatar
buzzz
Medium Poster
Posts: 175
Joined: Mon Sep 10, 2007 9:54 am
Kiting since: 0
Brand Affiliation: None
Location: Thailand
Contact:

Re: Contra 2014 Reviews

Postby buzzz » Fri Nov 29, 2013 7:59 pm

heinzbush wrote:also wanna highlight something "not so great":

did you guys also found some "glue/print leftovers" on the canopy... It looks like the color/print was not fully dried and it left some small patches on the white canopy...

It was small, maybe 1-2mm big "patches" on 2 or 3 areas and I could more or less fully remove it, but on the nice white canopy it stood out when I was pumping up...

of course, this doesn't impact how the beast is flying :)))


got the same thing on mine - so small i didn't worry about it ...

markymarc
Medium Poster
Posts: 57
Joined: Sat Aug 24, 2013 11:19 pm
Kiting since: 2009
Local Beach: Katwijk
Favorite Beaches: Sotavento
Zandmotor
Sprecklesville
Diamond Head
Style: freeride
Gear: North Select 2013 and 2014
Cabrinha Switchblade 7 and 10 2014
North Whip 2013
Cabrinha Contra 15m 2014
Brand Affiliation: none

Re: Contra 2014 Reviews

Postby markymarc » Sat Nov 30, 2013 7:57 pm

buzzz wrote:
heinzbush wrote:also wanna highlight something "not so great":

did you guys also found some "glue/print leftovers" on the canopy... It looks like the color/print was not fully dried and it left some small patches on the white canopy...

It was small, maybe 1-2mm big "patches" on 2 or 3 areas and I could more or less fully remove it, but on the nice white canopy it stood out when I was pumping up...

of course, this doesn't impact how the beast is flying :)))


got the same thing on mine - so small i didn't worry about it ...


I don't have that problem! Mine is ultra color sharp.....

Flew my Contra 15 m in 11-19 knots today btw. In strong current & sometimes 2,5 meter waves (measured from the inside...)...

Awesome! :remybussi:

User avatar
buzzz
Medium Poster
Posts: 175
Joined: Mon Sep 10, 2007 9:54 am
Kiting since: 0
Brand Affiliation: None
Location: Thailand
Contact:

Re: Contra 2014 Reviews

Postby buzzz » Wed Dec 18, 2013 8:33 pm

I'm LOVING my Contra more & more ... most powerful kite I've ever owned i reckon :thumb:

heinzbush
Medium Poster
Posts: 188
Joined: Sat Mar 02, 2013 3:59 pm
Kiting since: 1
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Contra 2014 Reviews

Postby heinzbush » Thu Dec 19, 2013 12:12 am

buzzz wrote:I'm LOVING my Contra more & more ... most powerful kite I've ever owned i reckon :thumb:


same here... I so enjoy the floaty slow descend after I got some air... :D

MCMario
Medium Poster
Posts: 91
Joined: Fri Dec 14, 2007 4:42 am

Re: Contra 2014 Reviews

Postby MCMario » Sat Jan 18, 2014 2:50 pm

Back from a 2 weeks kite trip in the Caribbean where I got to ride my new Contra 15m for the first time. I was riding a 16m crossbow 2013 before. I was a bit nervous because the last Contra I owned had so much bar pressure but I have to say that the only common aspect with the old Contras is the name. Verdict: I love this kite, very good low end and super fun for a big kite. I rode it with a glide and a shinn monk depending of the wind. With a glide I was planning at 8-10 kts. I weigh 167 lbs. I rode it in 15 - 18 knts with the Shinn Monk and I didn't feel overpowered.

The kite is very light compare to the CB 16m. The 3 struts makes a big difference in the weigh. The bar pressure is less than the CB, it's also faster and has almost the same low end IMO. The kite is super stable in the sky even in marginal winds, no back stalling or dropping of the sky. My son, who weighs 140 lbs and hates big kites, liked it and was able to do his unhook tricks with no problem.

I will not go into more technical aspect because it was already done in this thread but I can honestly say this is my favorite light wind kite so far, thumbs up Cabrinha.

heinzbush
Medium Poster
Posts: 188
Joined: Sat Mar 02, 2013 3:59 pm
Kiting since: 1
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Contra 2014 Reviews

Postby heinzbush » Sat Jan 18, 2014 11:42 pm

:thumb:

also ride mine with a Shinn Monk... so much fun! Love this kite!


Return to “Kitesurfing”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 20 guests