Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Austin, Texas??

Forum for kitesurfers
Ddub
Rare Poster
Local Beach: None. Land locked with a bunch of beers steers and queers.
Favorite Beaches: Anywhere the wind blows
Style: reckless abandon
Gear: Best
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Austin, Texas??

Postby Ddub » Tue Apr 01, 2014 5:46 am

That is some truely damning evidence. An unholy alliance to be sure. I guess I can't blame you for leaving. You'll be closer to what we in Texas call a beach anyway.
Coleman, do you have anything to say in your defense? Your actions were clearly the final straw that drove PJ out of town.

splatnikGanglion
Very Frequent Poster

Postby splatnikGanglion » Tue Apr 01, 2014 2:16 pm

It's true, I even brought a fruit basket and flowers with me to Belton. Thought we could meet up in the demilitarized zone and broker a peace deal between the pflug and travis crews.

coleman
Very Frequent Poster

Postby coleman » Tue Apr 01, 2014 2:47 pm

Ddub wrote:That is some truely damning evidence. An unholy alliance to be sure. I guess I can't blame you for leaving. You'll be closer to what we in Texas call a beach anyway.
Coleman, do you have anything to say in your defense? Your actions were clearly the final straw that drove PJ out of town.

Ddub, if that is your real name, I am afraid I am guilty as charged. I have spent countless hours trying to figure out how to bridge the gap between "stringers" and "pole gobblers" and I even went so far as to buy a windsurf board to use with a kite, ahem race board. I was hoping this would be the piece de resistance in bringing these two important communities together. But instead of cohesion, my actions have only brought strife and confusion. It's like when I lived in Colorado and I tried a similar thing by snowboarding with one leg and skiing with the other. After several corrective surgeries I can put that behind me. Needless to say the confusion was the same as today. Utter bewilderment.

I am sorry that you feel I had a hand in driving pj out of town but you see he sold his soul to his new master. You see he secretly wants the BMW and range rover. He secretly harbors Christian conservative views and rejects science. This is why he fronts like he does, to hide the truth.

It's not his wife that got a new high power job in Houston. Go ahead ddub ask him yourself. Big oil is gonna be tappin that ass in a few weeks and he's gonna be beggin for more.

You will still get to see him in between his high profile meetings and power lunches and he might get out for the occasional session but don't be surprised if when he comes back he has a couple of extra appendages from all that extra time in the toxic waste dump known as Galveston bay.

Tone
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Tone » Tue Apr 01, 2014 3:14 pm

I was reading this like there was an actual problem... all turned out to be a joke.

p.s. I didn't read very far back so maybe it is :P

KYLakeKiter
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2010
Local Beach: Kentucky Lake (Tennessee) Standing Rock Cove and Big Sandy
Favorite Beaches: Who needs a beach? Just give me some open water.
Style: LeeRoyyyyyy Jenkinnnnnnns!
Gear: All kites are cool !
Boards are like music. Everyone likes something different.

Postby KYLakeKiter » Tue Apr 01, 2014 3:45 pm

Having lived in various locations in Texas for over 30 years, I must say that I feel sorry for anyone who would consciously pick Houston over Austin. :lol: (just my opinion :naughty: )

Since this post has turned into somewhat of a confessional, I must also admit to occasionally cheating on my kites with a windsurfer. Like Coleman, I bought it to try as a "raceboard", but just couldn't resist adding the sail. Its ok, my wife knows about it and is cool with it. We are progressive that way :wink: :rollgrin:

Bob Marley
Frequent Poster
Style: Jumps and waves
Gear: Small c kites that don't have bridles and no 5th line. Epoxy surfboards.

Postby Bob Marley » Tue Apr 01, 2014 4:49 pm

Pretty sure they are into more manly things than playing with kites in Texas. Get yourself a chainsaw for clearin brush and trees, a gun to walk around carrying and don't forget to bring your cowboy hat. Maybe you can meet George bush! Bwahahhaha :rollgrin:

KYLakeKiter
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2010
Local Beach: Kentucky Lake (Tennessee) Standing Rock Cove and Big Sandy
Favorite Beaches: Who needs a beach? Just give me some open water.
Style: LeeRoyyyyyy Jenkinnnnnnns!
Gear: All kites are cool !
Boards are like music. Everyone likes something different.

Postby KYLakeKiter » Tue Apr 01, 2014 5:08 pm

Bob Marley wrote:Pretty sure they are into more manly things than playing with kites in Texas. Get yourself a chainsaw for clearin brush and trees, a gun to walk around carrying and don't forget to bring your cowboy hat. Maybe you can meet George bush! Bwahahhaha :rollgrin:
Hey, I resemble that remark! :lol: Everything you say may be true (both in Texas and in Tennessee) except for the "more manly things than playing with kites" part. Everyone on this forum knows there are few more manly things (even for the ladies) than sending a kite and hoping you can land feet down. :thumb: Just finished cleaning my gun, so I have to get back to bush hoggin and cutting trees.

splatnikGanglion
Very Frequent Poster

Postby splatnikGanglion » Tue Apr 01, 2014 6:42 pm

Bob Marley wrote:Pretty sure they are into more manly things than playing with kites in Texas. Get yourself a chainsaw for clearin brush and trees, a gun to walk around carrying and don't forget to bring your cowboy hat. Maybe you can meet George bush! Bwahahhaha :rollgrin:
Hahaha, we're actually into that shit out here.

I never met George Bush but his daughters were part of the crew I hung out with. I have a camp david coozy another friend snagged for me when she was out there for one of their birthday parties.

splatnikGanglion
Very Frequent Poster

Postby splatnikGanglion » Tue Apr 01, 2014 6:43 pm

coleman wrote:

Ddub, if that is your real name, I am afraid I am guilty as charged. I have spent countless hours trying to figure out how to bridge the gap between "stringers" and "pole gobblers" and I even went so far as to buy a windsurf board to use with a kite, ahem race board. I was hoping this would be the piece de resistance in bringing these two important communities together. But instead of cohesion, my actions have only brought strife and confusion. It's like when I lived in Colorado and I tried a similar thing by snowboarding with one leg and skiing with the other. After several corrective surgeries I can put that behind me. Needless to say the confusion was the same as today. Utter bewilderment.

I am sorry that you feel I had a hand in driving pj out of town but you see he sold his soul to his new master. You see he secretly wants the BMW and range rover. He secretly harbors Christian conservative views and rejects science. This is why he fronts like he does, to hide the truth.

It's not his wife that got a new high power job in Houston. Go ahead ddub ask him yourself. Big oil is gonna be tappin that ass in a few weeks and he's gonna be beggin for more.

You will still get to see him in between his high profile meetings and power lunches and he might get out for the occasional session but don't be surprised if when he comes back he has a couple of extra appendages from all that extra time in the toxic waste dump known as Galveston bay.
Nah, you got it all wrong. I was so sick of the kite-gang violence I *made* my wife get a new job. Any shithole town is better than austin these days.

coleman
Very Frequent Poster

Postby coleman » Tue Apr 01, 2014 6:48 pm

Well at least you don't let the woman dictate. No self respectin Texan would. Damn straight

Return to “Kitesurfing”