thx for buying it!
Here my how to out of my mind, hoping not to forget anything!
Next time I will add one, I will make a video.
Works only for North bars 2009-2012, 4 and 5 lines. My how to is for the 5 line bar:
- North Microloop Upgrade kit (buy here
- thin line (like you need to sew things with, needs to be strong)
1. Lay out the lines so your bar is clean in front of you, red is on the left.
2. Take off the ring of the 5th line, where you connect your safety leash. Remember how that was done.
3. Pull the 5th line thru the Iron Heart so it is free from it.
4. Take out the metal cotter at the upper part of the Iron Heart, where the black plastic part is, which you are going to exchange with the one with the hook. Need a hammer to do so and the metal thing that comes with the upgrade kit. Can be tuff to get out, so make sure to secure it well when you hammer so it won't slip away.
5. Open the knot at the end of the depower rope where the clamcleat is. There is a knot at the black grab loop which you grab to pull the depower.
6. Pull the depower line thru the loop.
7. Pull the depower line thru the clamcleat, pulley and thru the clamcleat again. Make sure to remember how it went thru all this. Lay down the loose parts where you took it off so all parts will be clear where they go when you put back together.
8. Pull the depower rope thru the bar and the black plastic part of the upper Iron Hear which you made loose. Now the black plastik part is loose, and you can put it away. Remember the position of the plastic part at the depower line.
9. Take the new black plastic part from the Upgrade Kit which has the hook.
10. Put the depower rope thru the holes of the black plastic part and pull it thru to where the former part was located at.
11. Put the black plastic hook part back into the Iron Heart head. Make sure the depower rope sits clean and tight in the black plastic part. And that both holes are not covered.
12. Put the metal cotter back into its position. It has to go in clean for the first part, so no depower rope should be in the way. Don't push it in all the way now, just to secure the black plastic part on the Iron Heart for now.
13. Put the depower rope back thru the bar hole, the clamcleat, the pulley and clamcleat again.
14. Put the depower rope thru the loop, which can be a pain to do. Here I always use the thin line, put it around the end with a tiny knot, push the line thru the grab loop. Then you pull on the thin line to get the depower rope thru the grab loop.
15. Once done, make a knot to secure the grab loop.
16. If all looks clean and ok, hammer the metal cotter all the way into the iron heart.
17. Take the black loop that comes with the Upgrade Kit.
18. Push the end without the black plastic pin thru the hole in the bar from above, and then back up thru the second whole.
19. Make sure the Micro Loop is behind the Micro Hook, when left side of the bar is red.
20. Now you need to insert the black plastic pin into the loop. This can be really tuff! I always cut of parts of the black plastic tubing (with scissors) to make the eye of the line bigger, so it will be easier to insert the plastic pin.
21. Once in, pull the microloop from below the bar hard so the loop and its black plastic pins get into position in the bar so nothing stand up on the upper part of the bar.
22. Put the 5th line back thru the Iron Heart and add the metal ring for the safety leash.
23. DONE !
Basically it is the same as exchanging your depower line.