Forum for kitesurfers
cool
Rare Poster
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

C4/Bandit => Torch/Park

Postby cool » Mon May 12, 2014 7:57 pm

Last week I tested the C4 2014 and the Bandit 2014
I like the constant power of the C4 but had a hard time with lift and airtime.
So I tested also the Bandit 2014, which has less the constant power, but the lift and airtime was much better.

Does anyone has any compare between the C4/Bandit and the Naish Torch/Park?

My style?: one/no footers - front/back rolles - kite loops - starting with unhooked
Board Fone Acid or North Select

tautologies
Very Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: C4/Bandit => Torch/Park

Postby tautologies » Mon May 12, 2014 8:48 pm

I like the park. It has a very constant power delivery. It has also great hangtime and is easy to jump. The c-kites, once you get them, jumps well but they are a little more technical to get quite right. To me the Park is the perfect in between...easy going and smooth but more than enough agression to be easy to do whatever you want with. Also the new version has greatly improved the looping. The kite now lifts straight up after. Not even a hesitation.

dyyylan
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: N/A

Postby dyyylan » Mon May 12, 2014 10:11 pm

when you say "starting with unhooked" do you mean you actually want to progress, or do you just want to unhook and do a raley once in a while? if you actually want to progress your riding and unhook then there is nothing that compares to a c kite in terms of pop and slack. they are also the best jumping kites imo but you have to know how to do it. they also dont have the hangtime that a flat bow kite does. if you don't want to focus on unhooked then just pick whatever flies the best for you. bandit has a ton of lift and is a super super fast kite if you like that kind of thing. park is okay at everything

cool
Rare Poster
Been thanked: 0

Postby cool » Tue May 13, 2014 12:29 pm

Sometimes I do make unhooked raley's, but unhooked is not my main focus.
It is more Kiteloops and freeriding

But what is the technique to jump high and have more airtime with a c-shape kite??

Starsky
Very Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby Starsky » Tue May 13, 2014 1:27 pm

On a C kite you have the bar sheeted/pulled in before you send the kite back, and it stays in. There is more need to edge hard as the pull comes on to get the kite to shoot across the power zone and give you the max pull. On most bridled kite, you send the kite back from a more sheeted out position and sheet in as the kite is firing back across the window to pull yourself up. There is still some edging, but its not as critical as the kite gets its speed before you sheet in. The initial pull from a C kite is a harder yank, as your loading up your lines more with your board edge as it corners to head back across the window and its that loading that gets the kite to shoot properly. Its the same shooting property that make C kites pop so well for no whip airs.

So essentially, with a C kite you load your lines with the board, and on a bridled kite you tend to do it more with the bar. Same goes for how the two kites differ in depowering. C kite, you edge, bridled kite, you sheet out.

Return to “Kitesurfing”