Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Blade Mist vs C-kites?

Forum for kitesurfers
oshaugho
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Blade Mist vs C-kites?

Postby oshaugho » Mon May 12, 2014 8:44 pm

Anyone who has flown the new blade mist comment on how it compares in wind range to modern c-kites?

Looking at a 13m blade mist. Currently flying jn Prima donna's (pd4) and the 12m I find to have pretty poor low end. Takes at least 18kts to start having fun. I should mention that I only enjoy kiting when well powered boarding on overpowered.

How does the mist compare grunt wise?
Also have been offered a 13m Liquid Force nirvana 13m. Cannot find much info on these but does anyone know how it would compare to the mist?

Motion
Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2010
Weight: 90
Local Beach: Grado, Marina Julija
Style: Freeride
Gear: Blade
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Blade Mist vs C-kites?

Postby Motion » Mon May 12, 2014 11:17 pm

Well i have 2013 13m prime and it starts to get fun (read can do unhooked) at around 15 knots. I have around 90kg
I rode 9m mist and it felt more powerful than my 9m prime. So i guess 13m mist is at least as powerful 13m prime, but probably more.

oshaugho

Postby oshaugho » Tue May 13, 2014 8:36 pm

Thanks for that motion.

Anyone know how it compares to modern c's in terms of low end? Compare with razor/torch/vegas/fuel?

Also how is the bar pressure compared with these?

Background: 96kgs riding xenon infra 138/41 with boots or straps depending on chop. Mixture of freeriding and unhooked freestyle. Working towards back to blind and bling judge 3's.

oshaugho

Postby oshaugho » Sat May 17, 2014 7:14 pm

Anyone else have any insight of this kite?

AF1
Rare Poster
Local Beach: Harrison Hotsprings
Favorite Beaches: Harrison Hotsprings, Locust Beach bellingham, Kelowna, Nicola Lake
Style: Freestyle/old skool
Gear: 2012 Blade triggers and the Fat lady

Postby AF1 » Wed May 28, 2014 6:53 am

I currently Own a 2014 Blade Mist 13m. Being a trigger rider for the 2011,12,13 and 2014 model years I decided to try back to back the 2014 Trigger 12m,14m to the Mist 13m.

So my oberservations were that the Trigger 12m and 14m Had higher bar pressure and the mist with noticable lighter bar pressure. The trigger does turn faster then the mist because of the more pivotal turning to the mists more wingtip turning. The trigger does jump well and when sent properly it explodes and sends you airbourne. The Mist 13m on the other hand felt a lot different with a smoother boosting feel and more float/hangtime which I really like as I want to progress on the old school "toby" style. The relaunch isnt super easy like the trigger and takes a little more effort but is by no means difficult at all.

The mist does noth have the bottom end of say the 14m trigger as it is 1m smaller but does do well. I am 200lbs and on a 134cm board I would be having a good time in 15-17mph+ winds and could be better with a bigger board.

Not sure if that helps at all. Feel free to message me for any info I could help you with.

oshaugho

Postby oshaugho » Tue Jul 01, 2014 1:57 pm

Well finally got to ride my 13m mist. Not affiliated with blade in any way.

Due to lack of wind recently I have been waiting eagerly to fly it. Well it was worth the wait. Coming off north evos I noticed that there is less static grunt but it builds way more apparent wind once moving. It likes to be ridden fast. I only got one short session in 15kts so not enough for boosting but plenty for unhooking and I was blown away but its preformance off the hook. I instantly felt comfortable and compared with the evo it is much less sensitive to back stalling. It also hs way more slack. I landed a unhooked backroll to toeside for first time on the first go and a raley to blind for first time. I have been trying that trick for months on the eco and couldn't land it so that tells me the mist is a superior kite unhooked.

Looking forward to getting it out in more wind now to try the boosting side of things.

Return to “Kitesurfing”