Peterlynn AEROv2
Peterlynn HOOK
Brand Affiliation: Peterlynn
Chubanga
Has thanked: 0

Switchkites Nitro v4 thought

Postby queneseb » Wed Feb 04, 2015 3:15 pm

Hi all,

I would like to open a discussion with you to talk about the Nitro v4 from switchkites. I personnaly own v1 from v4 in 10m² (Gonna get it soon 8) ), last time i tried the 12m², i found it very good both for unhook freestyle and oldschool/big air. Bar pressure close to the chicken loop, good slack, good pop, and big air like v3 ;)

Do you ever try it ? I gonna put my hand on 10-12-16m² soon 8)
Would like to see toby on a Nitro ahah :)

xoen
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Castelldefels, Mar bella, Riumar
Favorite Beaches: Cape Town
Style: freeride
Gear: Flysurfer Speed Lotus 15m. 2013 Cabrinha Switchblades 7,9,12 m/ Shinnster/Cabrinha Tronic/Sroka Hydrofoil
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Switchkites Nitro v4 thought

Postby xoen » Wed Feb 04, 2015 3:43 pm

Hi,

Yes, I m interested too. I recently destroyed my switchblade 12m 2012, and I am thinking of replacing it with a 12m Nitrov4... Any thoughts ?i am interested in the behaviour of this kite vs.others. in my case vs the switchblades, but any Info is welcome.

thanks

queneseb
Medium Poster
Gear: Peterlynn NOVA
Peterlynn AEROv2
Peterlynn HOOK
Chubanga

Postby queneseb » Wed Feb 04, 2015 3:58 pm

That i can say at this time, there is a big difference in the material use for this kite Double ripstop for v4 (Same on Element v3 i own) vs Teijin for v3, so durabilty of the canopy is increased on v4.

Just have 1 session with the 12m, feeling is very good, stable, turn quickly, lots of power, with barre pressure close to the chicken loop. I adapt myself to the nitro4 quickly in 1 session (compare to element, i spend more week to have a good feeling), like the feeling !

I tried switchblade 2012 and i found the global feeling of the nitro better. Don't know for newest switchblade edition sorry.

naishdude
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Holland
Spain
Danemark
France
Favorite Beaches: everywhere at the seaside, where it is allowed to kite
Style: cruising& wave
Gear: Airush Sector 54 V5, Cypher5'8 active, compact 5'6, Compact5'5 active, Limit Waves custom 5'6
Ozone reo V5 12 9 7 5
Brand Affiliation: none

Postby naishdude » Wed Feb 04, 2015 6:11 pm

xoen wrote:Hi,

Yes, I m interested too. I recently destroyed my switchblade 12m 2012, and I am thinking of replacing it with a 12m Nitrov4... Any thoughts ?i am interested in the behaviour of this kite vs.others. in my case vs the switchblades, but any Info is welcome.

thanks
do not worry, if you come from a switchblade, you will love the Nitro V4, my friend flew switchblades and tested a Nitro V3 and 4 he sold his Switchblades and purchased the Nitro's, he is finding lighter bar, flying is even better, and he was cheaper off, quality...no doubt as he could compre it to the SB ...
good luck in your choise, sent us as comparison once you tested it :thumb:
dude :cool2:
Last edited by naishdude on Wed Feb 04, 2015 11:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

soul19
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Prov
Favorite Beaches: Prov
little current
westbay
Style: try not to drown style
Gear: Whatever I own at the time....
Brand Affiliation: hook a brother up!!!
Been thanked: 0

Postby soul19 » Wed Feb 04, 2015 9:07 pm

I am curious to see how the Nitro v4 compares to the Screamer 10m Ltd v4? I think that the Screamer 10m Ltd is one of the best kites that I have ever used and that was only the v3 (still have yet to get my hands on the v4). It is a hang time king and the huge range makes it virtually a one kite quiver. My complaints are the standard inflation system as there are so many better systems out there. The S10v3 is a kite fliers kite and one that likes steady input from rider but the performance that is generated from that is superb. The new nitro v4 seems like it would be a good match up against the S10v4 and one that I would love to compare with. The lack of pulleys and large inflation system are intriguing! Definitely a stunning looking kite as the all black S10 could use a bit of a make over.

James

queneseb
Medium Poster
Gear: Peterlynn NOVA
Peterlynn AEROv2
Peterlynn HOOK
Chubanga

Postby queneseb » Wed Feb 04, 2015 11:27 pm

Naishdude, a V5 you say ? Mistake no, already ?

naishdude
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Holland
Spain
Danemark
France
Favorite Beaches: everywhere at the seaside, where it is allowed to kite
Style: cruising& wave
Gear: Airush Sector 54 V5, Cypher5'8 active, compact 5'6, Compact5'5 active, Limit Waves custom 5'6
Ozone reo V5 12 9 7 5
Brand Affiliation: none

Postby naishdude » Wed Feb 04, 2015 11:50 pm

queneseb wrote:Naishdude, a V5 you say ? Mistake no, already ?
sorry had forgotten to put 3 :wink:

nothing2seehere
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2012
Weight: 72
Local Beach: Calshot, Hayling, Meon - Southcoast UK
Gear: Duotone Rebel, Evo SLS, Flysurfer Soul/Peak, Ocean rodeo jester, Airush Ultra, shinn boards

Postby nothing2seehere » Thu Feb 05, 2015 12:30 pm

xoen wrote:Hi,

thanks
based on the review on Gleiten.tv (http://gleiten.tv/index.php/video/actio ... /page/345/), I would guess that the kite flies with similar characteristics to a North Evo.

Plenty of threads about Evo vs Switchblade including this one. viewtopic.php?t=2378593&p=776024

xoen
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Castelldefels, Mar bella, Riumar
Favorite Beaches: Cape Town
Style: freeride
Gear: Flysurfer Speed Lotus 15m. 2013 Cabrinha Switchblades 7,9,12 m/ Shinnster/Cabrinha Tronic/Sroka Hydrofoil

Postby xoen » Thu Feb 05, 2015 2:56 pm

Hello ,

Thanks for yoou replies ,Naishdude and nothing2seehere.

I might give it a try then, and buy a Nitro v4 12m. Although I was happy with the Switchblades, it is always nice to htry new stuff;
But let me ask you something else:
I still have my 2012 Cabrinha IDS bar, which is still Ok, so it would be great to be able to use it with the Nitrov4, and save some money. But I have 2 concerns.
-I know the bar should work (4 equal lines both bars), but will it be plug and play? I mean, pigtails/ connectors from both kites and bars are placed in the same position ? Or will I need I buy any kind of line adaptors to match the Cabrinha lines pigtails with the Nitro kite line Endings?
- What about the safety? Will the Nitro properly flag out with the cabrinha Bar?

Greetings from Spain

Rando1994
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Tampa bay
Favorite Beaches: East beach at fort desoto
Style: Freeride
Gear: Ozone zephyr, ocean rodeo rise, mako king
Been thanked: 0

Postby Rando1994 » Thu Feb 05, 2015 4:18 pm

Sell your IDS bar and get the Switch bar. You will likely get almost as much for your IDS as the Switch costs new.
Having had the IDS bar, I can tell you the Switch is a much cleaner and user friendly design.

Return to “Kitesurfing”