Forum for kitesurfers
Kitemanmuc
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2015
Style: Big Air, Kiteloops, Hydrofoil, Wave
Gear: Eleveight

Boosting Technique

Postby Kitemanmuc » Sun Oct 18, 2015 9:46 pm

So, I have heard from different people, different things. Some say send the kite from 2 to 12 to boost as hard as possible. Some say, send it from 1 to 11, some say 2 to 11:30. say say 2 to 10 or 1 to 10. Some say there is a difference based on what type of kite you have. C kites you want to send it harder, bow kites/delta you want to send to 12.

Can someone clarify the different techniques, why, what kite type, where to send it.

I have a Core XR4 and I'm trying to figure out how to boost it as high as possible.

Thanks!

plummet
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: EE
Favorite Beaches: NZ
Style: Terrain riding
Gear: Old wornout ozone.
Plummet hydrofoil and mutant
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Boosting Technique

Postby plummet » Sun Oct 18, 2015 10:54 pm

Yes. All those techniques can work depending on kite type, Size, board and conditions.

First up. Be as perfectly powered as possible. Not over powered. You still need to able to hold an edge, load and pop. When you find that magic wind speed for that kite you will boost highest.

Then look for flat or ideally waves with flat water in between, cross shore wind so you can hammer full pace at the wave and punt off the lip.

Failing having a lip then flat water is next best. Go as fast as possible while still being able to load and pop. The load and pop is key to max height. Then its about timing the send with the load and pop. Trial different positions with your kite.

As a general rule big slow kite rely on AOA and pure grunt in the canopy to lift high rather than a super fast send. Those kites benefit more by shallow send. Smaller faster kites, C kites in particular like an aggressive send to get you up there. Then also aggressive re-directs to land softly.

Return to “Kitesurfing”