Ozone R1/F-one Diablo/Elf Joker 6

For all foil kite riders
FrederikS
Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0

Re: Ozone R1/F-one Diablo/Elf Joker 6

Postby FrederikS » Thu Nov 12, 2015 6:43 pm

The R1 has a reputation for being the most stable kite of the new generation by the people who have tried it here.

The R1, Joker 6 and Sonic are about equally quick on an upwind downwind course with the Diablo being a bit ahead.

kochease
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Hood River
Jones Beach
Oregon Coast
Favorite Beaches: Cayman Islands
Jones Beach, Or
Manzanita, Or
Maui
Style: Freestyle
Gear: F-One, Blade, Ocean Rodeo
Brand Affiliation: Shop Owner and PASA kiteboard instructor

Postby kochease » Thu Nov 12, 2015 9:18 pm

Don't forget that F-One made foil kites for many, many years (1998) before inflateable kites. They have a long history in designing them and spent the last 3 years designing the Diablo model. Should be really good, F-One doesnt put out kites that are not how they like them or say okay here you test for flaws for us like others aka slingshot... They are big about having a solid product to start and not junk. I've heard great reviews so I'm gonna go with it.

I am going to get one for myself next spring when kite season comes back around and a foil.

windmaker
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: .
Style: Strapless surf and foil
Gear: F-One & Aeros kites/ HB surf/ Taaroa foil/ Manera

Postby windmaker » Thu Nov 12, 2015 9:27 pm

kochease wrote:Don't forget that F-One made foil kites for many, many years (1998) before inflateable kites. They have a long history in designing them and spent the last 3 years designing the Diablo model. Should be really good, F-One doesnt put out kites that are not how they like them or say okay here you test for flaws for us like others aka slingshot... They are big about having a solid product to start and not junk. I've heard great reviews so I'm gonna go with it.

I am going to get one for myself next spring when kite season comes back around and a foil.
:thumb: They take their time but when they release something new it is always good. Lots of testing and always innovative (Delta kites, Bamboo boards etc)!

joriws
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: Flysurfer, HQ, Moses, Nobile, North, Ozone

Postby joriws » Thu Nov 12, 2015 10:18 pm

kochease wrote:Don't forget that F-One made foil kites for many, many years (1998) before inflateable kites. They have a long history in designing them and spent the last 3 years designing the Diablo model.
I'd give Diablo design credit to Gin, a paraglider and former (?) kite makers. Give credit where it belongs, so did F-One. F-One Diablo web page.
The story of the DIABLO is first of all a men story. When we decided to start the foil kite program it was only because we were able to collaborate with a state of the art designer and factory from the paragliding industry, namely Mr Gin SEOK SONG.

GIN GLIDERS PARAGLIDING is a leading brand of high end and competition paragliders. The DIABLO was designed by Gin SEOK SONG and then tested and developed by two previous paragliding world champions: GIN test pilot Hans BOLLINGER and the F-ONE designer Robert GRAHAM.

corbett
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: Many
Been thanked: 0

Postby corbett » Thu Nov 12, 2015 11:15 pm

kochease wrote:Don't forget that F-One made foil kites for many, many years (1998) before inflateable kites. They have a long history in designing them and spent the last 3 years designing the Diablo model. Should be really good, F-One doesnt put out kites that are not how they like them or say okay here you test for flaws for us like others aka slingshot... They are big about having a solid product to start and not junk. I've heard great reviews so I'm gonna go with it.

F-one has a history of foil kites? Do you have pictures?

foilholio
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Ventura Beach
Favorite Beaches: Tarifa
Style: Airstyle
Gear: Foils

Postby foilholio » Fri Nov 13, 2015 4:06 am

I love the marketing attempts. When it comes to designing foil kites everyone has been doing it for "3 years". Ozone keeps saying both for the chrono and R1, which doesn't seem possible. Now FONE is too, but in this video https://youtu.be/QcCGJ0lHMAM?t=79 , an FONE rep states "it's been a whirlwind year and he only heard about the kite 6 Months ago". Pure marketing BS. I think it stems from Flysurfers established 3 year release cycles. Seems the 6 month cycle graphic sprucers are trying hard to build credibility where they have none. Dont worry yall can just pull the competitions stitching apart and copy panel for panel. That strategy has seen some awesome inflatable progress notttttttttt! How bout hiring engineers, instead of graphic designers and beach bums.
Last edited by foilholio on Sat Nov 14, 2015 4:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

windmaker
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: .
Style: Strapless surf and foil
Gear: F-One & Aeros kites/ HB surf/ Taaroa foil/ Manera

Postby windmaker » Fri Nov 13, 2015 6:27 pm

foilholio wrote:I love the marketing attempts. When it comes to designing foil kites everyone has been doing it for "3 years". Ozone keeps saying both for the chrono and R1, which doesn't seem possible. Now FONE is too, but in this video https://youtu.be/QcCGJ0lHMAM?t=79 , an FONE rep states "it's been a whirlwind year and he only heard about the kite 6 Months ago". Pure marketing BS. I think it stems from Flysurfers established 3 year release cycles. Seems the 6 month cycle graphic sprucers and trying hard to build credibility where they have none. Dont worry yall can just pull the competitions stitching apart and copy panel for panel. That strategy has seen some awesome inflatable progress notttttttttt! How bout hiring engineers, instead of graphic designers and beach bums.
F-One never said they were designing the Diablo for 3 years, a poster on this forum said so. On the other side Robert Graham F-One's present kite designer use to work for GIN as a paraglider designer...

foilholio
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Ventura Beach
Favorite Beaches: Tarifa
Style: Airstyle
Gear: Foils

Postby foilholio » Sat Nov 14, 2015 4:06 am

Sure gets a bit blurry whos exactly who working for who...... Go check out the fake reviews on IMDB from 10 year old accounts... Sigh. No doubt FONE has some good designers, some of the big names have some pretty rubbish ones, but their marketing teams are the best!.

Bladesurfer
Medium Poster
Local Beach: HagaPark Öland Sweden
Style: Old school Boosting and looping.
Gear: Ozone Chrono V3 13m
Ozone Edge V9 8m
Noblie 2HD 134*42.5
Brand Affiliation: Ozone local teamrider.

Postby Bladesurfer » Sat Nov 14, 2015 8:27 am

Im very satisfied with my Chrono V2 9m. Very userfriendly with loads of preformance.
When you spent 12min out of 1h45min in air you know you have a top of the line kite. 27jumps over 10m isn't bad either :) .
Attachments
Screenshot_2015-11-14-08-04-13.png

kochease
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Hood River
Jones Beach
Oregon Coast
Favorite Beaches: Cayman Islands
Jones Beach, Or
Manzanita, Or
Maui
Style: Freestyle
Gear: F-One, Blade, Ocean Rodeo
Brand Affiliation: Shop Owner and PASA kiteboard instructor

Postby kochease » Mon Nov 16, 2015 9:16 pm

Im very satisfied with my Chrono V2 9m. Very userfriendly with loads of preformance.
When you spent 12min out of 1h45min in air you know you have a top of the line kite. 27jumps over 10m isn't bad either :)

Hell I don't think anyone can argue with that!! Keep on flying!! :thumb:

Return to “Foil Kites”