Brand Affiliation: Blue Waffle

North Vegas VS Cabrinha Chaos

Postby RideLow » Wed Sep 07, 2016 5:05 pm

So yeah..

Simple question..

2017 Chaos or 2017 Vegas?

Pumma
Medium Poster
Local Beach: KiteBeach Maui , MuiNe Vietnam , Paje Zanzibar , Hua Hin Thailand , 'Secret Spot' Greece
Favorite Beaches: KiteBeach Maui
Gear: North Vegas , Flexifoil Hadlow Wake , Ronix Parks , RipCurl
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: North Vegas VS Cabrinha Chaos

Postby Pumma » Wed Sep 07, 2016 5:12 pm

try them both with in same conditions these will make it easier for you
for me after testing 2015 models i decided Vegas which i ride till now the new model ( i liked its slack a lot)
but i suggest to try them both because Chaos is a really good kite

RideLow
Frequent Poster
Gear: Wipika Free air! <3

Postby RideLow » Wed Sep 07, 2016 5:30 pm

Chaos is same as 2016, no major changes. Good kite. been on it all year.
Cant test the Vegas but I get them dirt cheap..

So what does the cool kids say?

mdipalma
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Barletta south coast
Favorite Beaches: Paros Pounda
Style: freestyle/wakestyle
Gear: Cabrinha Chaos, Cabrinha Xcaliber

Postby mdipalma » Thu Sep 08, 2016 1:59 pm

RideLow wrote:Chaos is same as 2016, no major changes. Good kite. been on it all year.

Please could you can be more precise about the chaos?
I came from FX 12 10 and 8 and for 2017 i would to buy chaos because i'm learning unooked trick... but the problem is what size? i would to buy at max 3 kites...so the question is 13 9 7 or 11 9 7 or 13 11 7?
I'm bit confuse..
I'm 75kg and do kite from 12 until 30 knot and my local spost is often on more or less 13-16 knots or 18-22.
Please help me and help me to understand if the new chaos is better relauch than 2015 2014 version i had

speedyRider
Frequent Poster

Postby speedyRider » Thu Sep 08, 2016 2:15 pm

cant comment on vegas, but they are probably good kites too.

I ride chaos 2016, and i love it. I sell them, but im giving you a honest answer here. They are easy to ride even this year that they are more freestyle oriented. They relaunch easy with 4 lines, no problem in that. You ride better being powered, they lack a bit of low end as every freestyle kite out there.

One of the things i like more is that i totally abuse them, and for 3 years in a row i never had to repair any of my chaos, and they often go hard in the water. That gives me a lot of confidence that im not going to destroy my kite on any trick attempt.

The bar is simple and clean, the trimlite works perfectly. I weight the same as you, if i were you id have 13-11-9 i think. Once you are over 23-24 knots you will be ok in the 9m until gusts of 35 aproximately it has a great upper range, maybe not be able to throw unhook, but anyway its difficult once you are over 25+ knots, at least for me, those days i prefer to go high and thats it...You will like the 13m when its 12-15 knots...If you think your wind is more on the 15-30 range then go 11-9 and maybe a 7...but considering the winds you say definitely a 13m is a good idea, so go for 13-11-9...

The 11m is my go-to kite. Its the one i use more due to the winds i have here and it has a perfect combination of speed and power for me. I have to say i use to feel more confortable doing freestyle in the bigger kites usually.

Compared to the FX which i also know, you will get a much easier to unhook, stable and more slack type of kite. On the negative side the FX is easier and better to jump hooked in.

Hope it helps...

takunnn
Rare Poster

Postby takunnn » Thu Sep 08, 2016 3:53 pm

RideLow wrote:Chaos is same as 2016, no major changes. Good kite. been on it all year.

I tested chaos 2016 and chaos 2017, and 2017 feels diferent than 2016, for me chaos 2017 is better kite than chaos 2016.
between chaos 2017 and vegas 2017...I don't know because I didn't test vegas 2017.

mdipalma
Medium Poster

Postby mdipalma » Thu Sep 08, 2016 9:29 pm

takunnn wrote:

I tested chaos 2016 and chaos 2017, and 2017 feels diferent than 2016, for me chaos 2017 is better kite than chaos 2016.
between chaos 2017 and vegas 2017...I don't know because I didn't test vegas 2017.
So what size did you buy?

mdipalma
Medium Poster

Postby mdipalma » Thu Sep 08, 2016 9:33 pm

speedyRider wrote:cant comment on vegas, but they are probably good kites too.

I ride chaos 2016, and i love it. I sell them, but im giving you a honest answer here. They are easy to ride even this year that they are more freestyle oriented. They relaunch easy with 4 lines, no problem in that. You ride better being powered, they lack a bit of low end as every freestyle kite out there.

One of the things i like more is that i totally abuse them, and for 3 years in a row i never had to repair any of my chaos, and they often go hard in the water. That gives me a lot of confidence that im not going to destroy my kite on any trick attempt.

The bar is simple and clean, the trimlite works perfectly. I weight the same as you, if i were you id have 13-11-9 i think. Once you are over 23-24 knots you will be ok in the 9m until gusts of 35 aproximately it has a great upper range, maybe not be able to throw unhook, but anyway its difficult once you are over 25+ knots, at least for me, those days i prefer to go high and thats it...You will like the 13m when its 12-15 knots...If you think your wind is more on the 15-30 range then go 11-9 and maybe a 7...but considering the winds you say definitely a 13m is a good idea, so go for 13-11-9...

The 11m is my go-to kite. Its the one i use more due to the winds i have here and it has a perfect combination of speed and power for me. I have to say i use to feel more confortable doing freestyle in the bigger kites usually.

Compared to the FX which i also know, you will get a much easier to unhook, stable and more slack type of kite. On the negative side the FX is easier and better to jump hooked in.

Hope it helps...
Thanks a lot you make me happy with tris review!

RideLow
Frequent Poster
Gear: Wipika Free air! <3

Postby RideLow » Fri Sep 09, 2016 6:06 am

So since we all agree the Chaos is an awesome kite.

Has anyone tried the Vegas 2017 and can compare em?

speedyRider
Frequent Poster

Postby speedyRider » Fri Sep 09, 2016 10:13 am

takunnn wrote:

How did you find it differently? didnt test it yet (2017) but seems same kite with pure profile pannels added, that may feel the kite different, what was your experience, in what areas was it different?

Return to “Kitesurfing”