Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Self Drift Launch

Forum for kitesurfers
lovethepirk
Very Frequent Poster
Style: Almost air tacking on hydrofoil...
Gear: Delta Race Hydrofoil, 15m SS Turbine, 12m Switchblade, 9m Switchblade
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0

Re: Self Drift Launch

Postby lovethepirk » Wed Dec 21, 2016 3:27 am

Peert wrote: I would not advise on trying this within seconds distance of tree like vegetation...
I typically like to keep my distance much greater than seconds :thumb:

chapinkite
Rare Poster
Local Beach: Lake Atitlan
Favorite Beaches: Laguna de Guija, Cancun, Key Biscayne
Style: freeride
Gear: 9 and 13 north rebel, 17m SS turine, 13m coontra
Brand Affiliation: None
Been thanked: 0

Re: Self Drift Launch

Postby chapinkite » Wed Jan 11, 2017 4:51 am

Hey guys thanks once again for you input on this important kite subject!. Since I launch in deep water and in light winds, from a couple of trials and input on this blog I have concluded the best way to launch for me is driving at iddle speed towards the wind, putting the kite with the main bladder facing the wind and the floor in U position in the very back of the boat, letting the lines out is made smooth by the speed of the boat. After all lines are out I went into the water dunked the LE and put a couple of gallons on the canopy, this made the kite drift slowly. However I have only tried this in 10-15 knots, I am thinking in 15-25 knots I might grab a flag line and secure the kite. I also only have tried it with 4 line kites without knots and stopables, which hopefully will work well on my 5 lines!. Thanks again, hope to hear from you all, cheers!

Return to “Kitesurfing”