Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

New Zeeko Alloy Foil Green White

A forum dedicated to Hydrofoil riders
Macisback
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Kahuna Surf House, Kiti, Larnaca
Favorite Beaches: Kahuna Surf House, Les Dauphins, Soma Bay, Prasonissi, Boracay, Tarifa, Sotavento
Style: Airstyle, Hydrofoil, Wave
Gear: Naish, North & Zeeko Kites, Flysurfer and RL Boards, Zeeko and Iero Hydrofoils
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: New Zeeko Alloy Foil Green White

Postby Macisback » Thu Dec 01, 2016 10:55 pm

A 100cm instead of 96 will be great and fully sufficient.
Well, Stables seems to have more agility and less drag? But incredibly hard to ride?

Peter_Frank
Very Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby Peter_Frank » Fri Dec 02, 2016 12:17 am

Stabless have IMO no place except for the "fun" of doing it as a curiosity and nothing but that. Fun indeed though, and simple :naughty:

You lose control hugely, and the gain in lower drag is maybe not useable at all because of no control.

Less drag could be obtained with a lot smaller rear wing instead, or a none or lifting rear wing, or a canard - and give way better stability and still very agile if a short fuselage or small rear wing :thumb:

Even an S shaped stable wing profile, or swept back wing with washout (also giving a stable pitching moment) will usually have more drag than a similar lifting good profile not too swept and a fuselage + rear stab :wink:

8) PF

Horst Sergio
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 1999
Gear: -
Brand Affiliation: kitejunkie.com

Account abandoned

Postby Horst Sergio » Fri Dec 02, 2016 1:58 pm

andre_oner wrote:...
As for riding stabless it makes the foil hard to control. in few words : Advantages outweighting disadvatages :idea:
What is that you like in this concept (stabless) ? ...
Hi Andre,

yes it is difficult, but I like the full freedom of movement a lot. For me the mono starts getting adult in usage and advantages starting to exceed disadvantages in many riding situations.
For what is already possible with a mono check last post:

http://kiteforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=19 ... 65#p956365

But I think the mono depends a lot on the wing design and most wings also that one from zeeko have to high AR and low cord and therefore to low stability. Try to use something extremely low AR, take some time and it can become practicable. But also exited what we will see next maybe a canard or a twinfoil already ordered, I think there is still room for differen't concepts.

Hope to try the blue/green frontwing next time till now just the black and my old zeeko makaira I liked a lot. And also the carver would be interessting, but for sure also not for the mono.

Bernd

P.S. Would be interested just to try the 136 strut maybe for my 62 kg it is still stiff enough, for long time for sure also to heavy. Maybe it is possible to rent it for some weeks and be send when http://www.kitejunkie.com makes its next order? Thanks

Sandras
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Fort Walton Beach, FL
Favorite Beaches: Okaloosa Island, FL
Gear: .

Postby Sandras » Sat Dec 03, 2016 12:14 pm

andre_oner wrote:Hi All,
Today we posted a short movie "how to assembly" that shows what's included :
https://vimeo.com/191760917

In the video we see that all screws are in their threads during storage. (front wing screws & mast/fuselage connecting screws)
Is this how Zeeko suggest to pack the disassembled foil?
Doesn't that promote galvanic corrosion?

Zeeko
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Montpellier, France
Style: all styles
Brand Affiliation: Zeeko

Postby Zeeko » Tue Dec 06, 2016 3:27 pm

Horst Sergio wrote:
andre_oner wrote:...
As for riding stabless it makes the foil hard to control. in few words : Advantages outweighting disadvatages :idea:
What is that you like in this concept (stabless) ? ...
Hi Andre,

yes it is difficult, but I like the full freedom of movement a lot. For me the mono starts getting adult in usage and advantages starting to exceed disadvantages in many riding situations.
For what is already possible with a mono check last post:

http://kiteforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=19 ... 65#p956365

But I think the mono depends a lot on the wing design and most wings also that one from zeeko have to high AR and low cord and therefore to low stability. Try to use something extremely low AR, take some time and it can become practicable. But also exited what we will see next maybe a canard or a twinfoil already ordered, I think there is still room for differen't concepts.

Hope to try the blue/green frontwing next time till now just the black and my old zeeko makaira I liked a lot. And also the carver would be interessting, but for sure also not for the mono.

Bernd

P.S. Would be interested just to try the 136 strut maybe for my 62 kg it is still stiff enough, for long time for sure also to heavy. Maybe it is possible to rent it for some weeks and be send when http://www.kitejunkie.com makes its next order? Thanks
Dear Sergio,

the monowing is too sensitive for any riders, we are developping a specific foil (spitfire) we should be the best of both world.
Sandras wrote:
andre_oner wrote:Hi All,
Today we posted a short movie "how to assembly" that shows what's included :
https://vimeo.com/191760917

In the video we see that all screws are in their threads during storage. (front wing screws & mast/fuselage connecting screws)
You are right, but you should rince wiht clear water the foil and use Tgel on screws (we already apply tgel on the screws during assembling, then for the first uses there is no problem).
If you keep it not rinced for a long time you should remove the screws.

Regards
Nicolas

andre_oner
Rare Poster
Gear: Notus & Foil Series
Brand Affiliation: zeeko kites - international sales

Postby andre_oner » Tue Dec 06, 2016 6:44 pm

Sandras wrote: In the video we see that all screws are in their threads during storage. (front wing screws & mast/fuselage connecting screws)
All screws in Zeeko alloy foils are covered with TefGel before the assembling in our factory. So the risk is minimal.

cheers!

Sandras
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Fort Walton Beach, FL
Favorite Beaches: Okaloosa Island, FL
Gear: .

Postby Sandras » Tue Dec 06, 2016 7:54 pm

Cheers for the clarifications guys!

One more question: The torque applied during the assembly videos is anywhere near the recommended one? It seems very low to me.
It would be nice if you could prescribe it in Nm (for those having torque wrench for bike)

andre_oner
Rare Poster
Gear: Notus & Foil Series
Brand Affiliation: zeeko kites - international sales

Postby andre_oner » Tue Dec 13, 2016 8:03 pm

Sandras wrote:Cheers for the clarifications guys!

One more question: The torque applied during the assembly videos is anywhere near the recommended one? It seems very low to me.
It would be nice if you could prescribe it in Nm (for those having torque wrench for bike)
Don't need to use much strength. Trust me you will feel when it's ok
the same like with twintip footstraps for example.

andrek

alexrider
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: foils and foils

Postby alexrider » Wed Jan 04, 2017 6:46 am

I just got a Green&White Zeeko hydrofoil combo with the Air Wave 5'2 board, as an upgrade to my Cab Double Agent combo.
Waiting for the tide at my present spot to be high enough, I've only been able to try the board without the hydrofoil. I am stoked how good it is as a wave board. Fast and agile, I was instantly at home with it. It's as good as the best of the other dozen or more wave boards I've ridden. I've got so much fun with it, I'm not so much in a hurry to fit the gear it was designed for...
I'll however soon have to stop fooling around with the naked board and go into higher gear and fit the hydrofoil. Since I've got both the Freeride and the Carver wings, I am hesitating which one to start with for a smooth transition from my Double Agent. I am tempted to fit the Carver wing, because the take-off speed is given as 2 knots slower than the with the Freeride (5 vs 7), and I should be therefore less intimidated by the speed gain compared to the ultra slow Double Agent. I've been told however that the Carver wing is less stable in yaw than the Freeride (which has anhedral), and I could actually find it more difficult to get used to. As long as the Carver equipped Zeeko isn't considerably less yaw stable than the Double Agent, I'd be less anxious than having to learn how to control the considerably increased speed with the Freeride. I've got only the 2.5 cm fin with me, BTW.
The other question regards the position of the footstraps. I assume the middle position is the safest bet for starting with the Freeride, but is it also the case for the Carver wing?
Anyone with experience with both the Zeeko Green&White (or Blue&White) and the Cabrinha Double Agent? I'd be grateful for feedback.
Oh! One more thing:
Happy New Year, btw. :cheers:
2016-06-30_210446.jpg

bragnouff
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 1999
Local Beach: New Brighton
Gear: Boards: Alkita boards
Zeeko Slash/AirWave/Scrambler
Amundson Johno
Foils: Spitfire XLW/ XXLW. GoFoil NL130/160/190
Kites: FS Peaks
HB Legion
Wings:Zeeko Carve
HB Flair/Guide...
Brand Affiliation: GK enthusiast / Zeeko & HB Pimp

Postby bragnouff » Wed Jan 04, 2017 10:47 pm

I've got the Blue/White freeride on the Slash 5'4" and clocked a few sessions on a Double Agent. I think that if you're to the point where you outgrew the Double Agent, you should not fear a bit of speed gain from the freeride wing, you'll actually love that extra efficiency. Once you get your foot position right, it is pretty reassuringly stable at speed, actually more so than the Double Agent, maybe due to fuselage length and extra fin. Your jibes and transitions might become more challenging though, and maybe the Carver wing will be a good intermediate step for that regard. I wish I had that wing for slower speed transitions instead of having to commit to higher speed, sometimes painful ones!

I can't really comment on the footstraps positions. Middle for the back, just behind the mast is a safe choice, but on the Slash, I found that the frontmost position of the front strap should be further forward by a good 5cm, as I'm quite tall and used to a wide stance. And because of that feeling pretty awkward, I've quickly ditched the straps and I've been riding it strapless ever since. (with or without its foil appendage).

Return to “Hydrofoil”