Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Kite-o-rado Snowkite Conditions

Forum for snow- and landkiters
Anthonyshopguy
Medium Poster
Kiting since: 2015
Local Beach: Grandmesa CO
Favorite Beaches: Ivanpah CA, Metro Park MI, 6 Mile on lake Mohave NV. Daulpin island Al
Style: Snow kiting, buggy, water
Gear: 21m Flysurfer Soul, 17m LEI Cabrinha Contra, 13m Waroo LEI, 11 m foil Frenzy Ozone, 11m Lei Escape PL, 9m Lei Nemesis Best, 7m Lei Waroo, 6m foil apex HQ, 174 SB for the Pow, 169 split SB for the outback, Cabrinha 154 twin tip for the lake, 600 switchback Polaris to get me there, and why not add in a nice new big foot buggy for that once a year buggy blast at Ivanpah.
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Kite-o-rado Snowkite Conditions

Postby Anthonyshopguy » Tue Dec 13, 2016 9:22 am

SUNDAY REPORT. Grand Mesa

Clear and calm 8 MPH with occasional gusts to 12 great day to practice kite control. 3 more inches of cover but that initial powder is finally packing some. Not much else to say.

Anthonyshopguy
Medium Poster
Favorite Beaches: Ivanpah CA, Metro Park MI, 6 Mile on lake Mohave NV. Daulpin island Al
Gear: 21m Flysurfer Soul, 17m LEI Cabrinha Contra, 13m Waroo LEI, 11 m foil Frenzy Ozone, 11m Lei Escape PL, 9m Lei Nemesis Best, 7m Lei Waroo, 6m foil apex HQ, 174 SB for the Pow, 169 split SB for the outback, Cabrinha 154 twin tip for the lake, 600 switchback Polaris to get me there, and why not add in a nice new big foot buggy for that once a year buggy blast at Ivanpah.

Postby Anthonyshopguy » Sun Dec 18, 2016 8:49 am

First time in two days of blizzard, the pass was opened. THe top only at 3:30 pm today lost of fresh fairly dense snow. I would say at least a 1,5' of new. Unfortunately no wind after two days of 14/20 MPH winds. Oh well, the cross country was nice. Grand Mesa CO

nate76
Medium Poster
Kiting since: 2005
Local Beach: Colorado, Wyoming, Nebraska
Style: Doubtful.
Gear: LC Pelican, Gin Marabou/Shaman/Spirit
Brand Affiliation: Tom Bourdeau designs, Gin

Postby nate76 » Thu Dec 22, 2016 7:01 am

Got to meet up with Scott at Snow Mesa on Tuesday. Great to finally meet some of the folks from out west. Winds were really light but Scott and I made the best of it; beautiful day to be out.

Still need to watch out for rocks on the plateau and towards the Cinco, strong winds have windblown parts and scoured some of the snow. Felt great to get out though. Here's a picture of Scott crusing the Mesa:

Anthonyshopguy
Medium Poster

Postby Anthonyshopguy » Sat Dec 24, 2016 7:09 am

Grand Mesa 1' plus in the last couple days. Got a couple of hours in pretty awesome conditions. Winds 9 to 12 MPH. :jump:

Anthonyshopguy
Medium Poster

Postby Anthonyshopguy » Mon Dec 26, 2016 5:28 pm

:P Super day Saturday winds 16 - 20 MPH. Put down several miles of tracks. Unfortunately all back and forth in our little area. Maybe 1500' in one direction. Ended up on a ten meter foil. Somewhat disappointed by the kite. Would have liked to feel comfortable on my 15 in those winds. Conditions are great right now on the Grand Mesa. More snow last night not seeing any other local posts is every body too busy kiting? :x

kitejumping
Medium Poster
Gear: Peter Lynn and Flysurfer kites

Postby kitejumping » Mon Dec 26, 2016 5:35 pm

Anthonyshopguy wrote::P Super day Saturday winds 16 - 20 MPH. Put down several miles of tracks. Unfortunately all back and forth in our little area. Maybe 1500' in one direction. Ended up on a ten meter foil. Somewhat disappointed by the kite. Would have liked to feel comfortable on my 15 in those winds. Conditions are great right now on the Grand Mesa. More snow last night not seeing any other local posts is every body too busy kiting? :x
Farmers corner in Summit is good to go. I was out there the other day for about 3 hours, got one hour of decent north wind on an 18m, around 12 miles of riding or so.

Anthonyshopguy
Medium Poster

Postby Anthonyshopguy » Tue Dec 27, 2016 10:00 am

Where is farmers corner?

kitejumping
Medium Poster
Gear: Peter Lynn and Flysurfer kites

Postby kitejumping » Tue Dec 27, 2016 3:43 pm

Anthonyshopguy wrote:Where is farmers corner?
Across the street from the high school, Anton teaches there and grooms it.

http://coloradokiteforce.com

Anthonyshopguy
Medium Poster

Postby Anthonyshopguy » Tue Jan 03, 2017 3:55 pm

Thanks I'll keep it in mind. Got up on the mesa yesterday. Good day overall but the snowmobiles had trashed our little area. It felt like induro racing across 10" boulders. They have hundred square miles miles there has got to be some way we could have that little square mile. I want to go out with red food color and Mark the area out of bounds for snowmobiles. :angryfire:

matthepp
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: RMP
Favorite Beaches: La Ventana
Kino Bay
Red Mountain Pass
Style: Rich
Gear: OR Flite 15m
OR Razor 12m
OR Prodigy 7m 9.5m
BD Carbon Megawatts
Slingshot Dwarfcraft/ Gamma 68
Brand Affiliation: Alpine Edge Engineering

Postby matthepp » Sat Jan 07, 2017 8:22 pm

Anthony, now you have burden of keeping your area all tracked up all the time. That way the sled heads will move on to other spots further abroad. This can be a tough assignment.

Hoping to get up to RMP tomorrow after a month at sea level.

Return to “Snow / Land”