Gear: -
Brand Affiliation: kitejunkie.com

Account abandoned

New Video Flysurfer Peak 3 online

Postby Horst Sergio » Wed Jan 11, 2017 10:10 pm

grigorib
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2009
Local Beach: OBX; Clinton Lake, IL; Lake Michigan; Hood River; La Ventana; Ocean Park, PR; SPI; Tawas, MI
Gear: Kites: Slingshot Rally 5/7/9/11m, Turbine 9/13m, SST 4/5m, UFO 3/5/7/9m, Flysurfer Speed4 10m standard, Flysurfer 2cool 6m, Peter Lynn Venom II ARC 16m

Boards: Spleene RIP 37, Flysurfer Radical6 138, Flysurfer Flydoor5 XL, Slingshot/Moses/RDB 70/90/101cm masts with 1200/860/800/730/600 kitefoil or 2200/1700/1400 wingfoil wings and 310/230/425 stabilizers, Naish MicroChip 80cm, 36" Woody, Slingshot Dwarfcraft Micro 100, MBS Comp 95x

For sale: Slingshot Turbine 9/13m, 20” Guardian bar, 1700 sq.cm wing/fuselage/stabilizer fitting Moses mast
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: New Video Flysurfer Peak 3 online

Postby grigorib » Wed Jan 11, 2017 10:24 pm

Am I the only one who likes the idea of a single-skin kite but hates the pinched "dents" in the middle of the wingtips?
Ozone XXLite wing doesn't have that defect....

fernmanus
Very Frequent Poster

Postby fernmanus » Wed Jan 11, 2017 10:57 pm

Thank you for the video. It looks like you had a lot of opportunities to fly the new Flysurfer Peak 3.

Flysurfer has put together a couple promotional videos, but the videos do not answer some of my questions:

1. It appears from the videos that the difference between the Peak 2 and the Peak 3 are the kite colors, the new reef line and the Peak 3 is lighter in weight than the Peak 2. The aspect ratio appears to be the same. However, is the bridle setup the same?
2. I am curious if the bar pressure has been reduced?
3. Is FS going to design a bar specifically for the Peak 3? I still have my Infinity light bars that I purchased with my Peak 2. Will the Infinity Light bar still be available?
4. Does the kite flutter less than the Peak 2 or about the same?
5. How does the Peak 3 compare to the Peak 2 for jumping? The Peak 2 was a huge improvement over the Peak 1.

windrider1
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: FLYSURFER, HQ KITES, OZONE KITES

Postby windrider1 » Thu Jan 12, 2017 3:24 am

The peak 3 is supposed to be lighter I'm not sure if its because of a different type of fabric or not. the amount of bridle has been redesigned and also reduced for less drag. and it is sold kite only or with bar. there is not a specific bar per say as the peak 2 bar can be used but I believe there will be a new bar also . I liked the peak but not the small sizes as I don't think they can handle strong gusty wind well. I agree the bar pressure and fluttering was annoying but this is part of the single skin design . the 6m and up were really good light wind kites.

fernmanus wrote:Thank you for the video. It looks like you had a lot of opportunities to fly the new Flysurfer Peak 3.

Flysurfer has put together a couple promotional videos, but the videos do not answer some of my questions:

1. It appears from the videos that the difference between the Peak 2 and the Peak 3 are the kite colors, the new reef line and the Peak 3 is lighter in weight than the Peak 2. The aspect ratio appears to be the same. However, is the bridle setup the same?
2. I am curious if the bar pressure has been reduced?
3. Is FS going to design a bar specifically for the Peak 3? I still have my Infinity light bars that I purchased with my Peak 2. Will the Infinity Light bar still be available?
4. Does the kite flutter less than the Peak 2 or about the same?
5. How does the Peak 3 compare to the Peak 2 for jumping? The Peak 2 was a huge improvement over the Peak 1.

foilholio
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Ventura Beach
Favorite Beaches: Tarifa
Style: Airstyle
Gear: Foils

Postby foilholio » Thu Jan 12, 2017 11:36 pm

I love the shot of the kite at 1:57. Kite looks great. I wonder if flysurfer has tested a foil/single skin hybrid, I think it could work really good for surf. Single skin on all or part of the TE, better CG, more drag when depowered so better drift, well maybe :-)

dr511
Rare Poster
Local Beach: beulaker giethoorn
Favorite Beaches: beulaker giethoorn
Style: freeride
Gear: ziki underwear and schultenbrau
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby dr511 » Tue Feb 28, 2017 5:47 pm

Return to “Foil Kites”