Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Zhik B1 Board Harness

A forum dedicated to Hydrofoil riders
obrie0
Rare Poster
Local Beach: largs bay, the wall, semaphore, Goolwa, south Australia.
Favorite Beaches: safety bay, woodies, Perth. Narabeen Sydney.
Style: freeride
Gear: slingshot rally kites, liquid force happy pill foil, Nobile and shinn boards.
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Zhik B1 Board Harness

Postby obrie0 » Thu May 18, 2017 12:46 pm

Has anyone used the Zhik B1 board harness, Im thinking of getting one to use over my wetsuit for foiling. Or does anyone know of any minimalistic seat harnesses available? I'm currently using the Dakine Nitrous shorts with Jay bar slider. Just don't dig the shorts over the wetsuit look!
Thanks
Aren
https://www.zhik.com/kite/harness/b1-board-harness.html
Attachments
b1-board-harness-side1_1.jpg

borist
Very Frequent Poster

Re: Zhik B1 Board Harness

Postby borist » Thu May 18, 2017 5:46 pm

don't know this one. Dakine Vega that I use is light and compact. Large part of it is fabric without much padding, except belt area

borist
Very Frequent Poster

Postby borist » Thu May 18, 2017 5:48 pm

obrie0
Rare Poster
Gear: slingshot rally kites, liquid force happy pill foil, Nobile and shinn boards.

Postby obrie0 » Thu May 18, 2017 11:56 pm

Thanks Borist, Haven't seen that one, might look into it.

TomW
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2001
Local Beach: Vejbystrand, Lomma
Gear: TW Surfboards hydrofoil board 110
Gong Veloce M, 100cm carbon mast
Ozone Hyperlink V1 7m
Hyperlink V2 9m, 13m
Concept Air Wave 4,5m

Postby TomW » Fri May 19, 2017 7:46 pm

A bit off topic, but on topic of seat harnesses... I used a seat harness first 15 years of Kitesurfing, then developed some problems with hip tendon and had some disk hernias from what I believed were due to back being forced into extreme range because my hips were locked by seat harness. I was also on strapless surfboard 95% of the time. So 2 seasons ago I went over to a waist harness, settling on a RE for a year. No problems and enjoy having more range of motion.
This winter I started foiling and I'm spending a lot of time in the water and harness is hiking up. Plus I've experienced 2 back pain episodes, taking me off the water for a week or two, after foiling (and crashing). I'm off the water now with a disc hernia.
Many foilers using seat harness, so I'm thinking of getting a new one, because my 8-10 year old Mystic is really thrashed and worn out. Thinking my back will get less strain in water and when crashing... Plus, I have to admit, I've developed a bit of a belly... Trying to lose it.
Dakine Fusion looks to be comfort choice.

Any reflections? Good or bad idea?

borist
Very Frequent Poster

Postby borist » Sat May 20, 2017 1:33 am

Have you considered rigid waist harness? I don't know about them, just an idea.
I have a chronic lung condition and soft waist harness makes my breathing more difficult, so I was able to convert to it. My back did not seem to like it either.
I own Fusion, Vega and Nitrous shorts harness. Shorts are very comfy, but offer the least of back support IMO and don't last as long as I'd like them to. Which is why I changed to Fusion first and Vega now. I found Fusion hurting my hips a little bit although I have to say I was told to try looser leg straps. I also felt more constrained in it than in shorts or Vega. I'm happy with Vega now. Have to add that I ride with movable hook or rope which might be making seat harness comfier.

Kamikuza
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Sabae Beach
Favorite Beaches: Ol' Stinky
Gear: This, that, the other

Postby Kamikuza » Sat May 20, 2017 3:08 am

TomW wrote:
Fri May 19, 2017 7:46 pm
A bit off topic, but on topic of seat harnesses... I used a seat harness first 15 years of Kitesurfing, then developed some problems with hip tendon and had some disk hernias from what I believed were due to back being forced into extreme range because my hips were locked by seat harness. I was also on strapless surfboard 95% of the time. So 2 seasons ago I went over to a waist harness, settling on a RE for a year. No problems and enjoy having more range of motion.
This winter I started foiling and I'm spending a lot of time in the water and harness is hiking up. Plus I've experienced 2 back pain episodes, taking me off the water for a week or two, after foiling (and crashing). I'm off the water now with a disc hernia.
Many foilers using seat harness, so I'm thinking of getting a new one, because my 8-10 year old Mystic is really thrashed and worn out. Thinking my back will get less strain in water and when crashing... Plus, I have to admit, I've developed a bit of a belly... Trying to lose it.
Dakine Fusion looks to be comfort choice.

Any reflections? Good or bad idea?
Whatever you do, get a Dynabar 13 inch.

Fusion you'll probably think is very bulky, so consider an Ocean Rodeo Session (hybrid) or the Dakine shorts harness.Mystic does the Star hybrid harness, which I would use more if the "power belt" wasn't so sloppy, but is much less restrictive than the Fusion.

I've used Fusion since day one as I had lower back surgery, and the only pain I have is muscle over-use :) I don't bother doing the leg straps up at all, as I'm convinced the only thing that results from that is atomic wedgies that you can't fish out...

obrie0
Rare Poster

Postby obrie0 » Sat May 20, 2017 3:53 am

I'm in the same boat as you guys with back issues,i have used a mystic warrior but found foiling it rides up to much. I find the nitrous shorts excellent in summer for foiling but now Its getting cooler so into the 4/3 wetsuit. One other thing i'm finding with foiling is I'm getting sore hips with the nitrous shorts which I haven't had before, hence seeing what others are into. I think I'm going to try the Vega as the are cheap at the moment and the dealer in Australia doesn't have the Zhik in stock. I'm more into freeride than race which is what the zhik looks like hence asking about that harness.

Kamikuza
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Sabae Beach
Favorite Beaches: Ol' Stinky
Gear: This, that, the other

Postby Kamikuza » Sat May 20, 2017 4:17 am

I had the 11 inch Dynabar, and noticed a different in comfort going to 13, especially with foiling or riding toe side. If you don't want to spend the cash, try a homemade version first...

TomW
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2001
Local Beach: Vejbystrand, Lomma
Gear: TW Surfboards hydrofoil board 110
Gong Veloce M, 100cm carbon mast
Ozone Hyperlink V1 7m
Hyperlink V2 9m, 13m
Concept Air Wave 4,5m

Postby TomW » Sat May 20, 2017 8:52 am

Thanks guys. Sounds like I just need to pick the harness.
The DK Fusion gets a lot of good reviews. My old Mystic looks basic compared.

Return to “Hydrofoil”