Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Best Splitboard for a world tour? Nobile Split NHP vs ...

Forum for kitesurfers
sedluk
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Alum Creek - Ohio
Favorite Beaches: Turks and Caicos - Long Bay
Sail Bay - San Diego
Style: Freeriding
Gear: Flysurfer Speed 4, Boost2, Speed 5, Sonic 2 & Sonic Race
Nobile split boards, Ketos Foils and Boards, Mystic Supporter Harness
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Best Splitboard for a world tour? Nobile Split NHP vs ...

Postby sedluk » Wed Dec 21, 2016 2:36 am

I think they must have had a bad run of the screws. Most of the screws can be over-tightened and will not break. I have had screws where I over-tightened them to the point where I had a tough time getting them off and I have never broken one.

I really like the click n go, just wish that all boards had them.

merl
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 1999
Gear: HF

Postby merl » Mon Jan 09, 2017 5:49 pm

pixelpedro wrote:Anyone has any info on the Newind split surfboard, I'd b curious to know some real traveling - performance review on it.

Tnx in advance.
I have the 2-piece model that looks like the vanguard but with a less pronounced swallow tail. I think the current one is a Vader style. In any case these are tried and tested shapes that work well. The newind is very light. The down side is that the gelcoat (the outer layer) on mine is very fragile and I have repaired many many small dings -- the first just putting it into the back of the car on the first outing. Glad I bought in white. Invest in some white pigment for your epoxy... The finbox inserts on mine are old school fcs -- not so strong but relatively easy to fix if you take one out, which I did...

For travel it has worked very well. I use a bag made from foam camping mats and a "pool noodle" for the side walls. It fits in an oversized soft wheel bag together with three kites and harness. No damage from travelling so far (maybe 10 trips), so it has done the job and made travel much easier.

topshelfboards
Rare Poster
Local Beach: Anywhere in New England...OBX...Cayman Islands
Gear: Nobile NHP
Shinn Monk
F-One Bandit
Nobile T5 and Mr Big
Brand Affiliation: Nobile
Shinn
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby topshelfboards » Sat Jul 08, 2017 7:06 pm

Go with Nobile or RRD...they have been making them for a while in a good and proper facility. They already have good qc and design standards. The others on the list are small operations and might make a good board but the track record and warranty support on Nobile is really good.

goutzi2000
Rare Poster
Local Beach: Brooklyn
Gear: Ozone Enduros 9, 12, Ozone Zephyr, Elev8 7, switch 9, 12, various best.

Postby goutzi2000 » Thu Jul 13, 2017 12:28 am

Nobile split is great. No more long bulky golf bags. :)
My regular is crazyfly shox 136x 41. I have to admit that nobile is flexing more but not considerably. I bought the 2017 138x43 just to have slightly more surface, so to cover a bit more wind range.

Two screws broke in the first 2 days. I didn't over-screw them, just the plastic cracked. I bought some replacement for $12. The plastic is rather different, more flexible.

Windigo1
Very Frequent Poster
Style: Foil foil.. and Old School!
Gear: Too many to list

Postby Windigo1 » Thu Jul 13, 2017 3:38 am

I have the Kite Element Revolt 136 it's not bad. It is very stiff so not as smooth as my Axis limited but most boards aren't. The low end is very good I'm 95kg and it will get me going in very little wind. Assembly is a bit longer than the Nobile you have an extra 5 short screws. The price of 500$ CND was the big selling point 1/3 of the Mobile. It's about 1 kg heavier than a regular board.

shawn13
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Cherry Beach, Toronto
Sherkston, Lake Erie
Wasaga, Lake Huron
Favorite Beaches: In Order:
Mauritius, Soma Bay, Egypt/ Cape Town, SA/ Cayo Guillermo, Cuba/ Sherkston, Canada/ El Gouna, Egypt/ Paje, Zanzibar/ Oliphant, Canada/ Kalpitya/ Dakhla, Morocco/ Boracay, Philippines/ Sri Lanka/ Wasaga Beach, Canada
Style: Freeride/Race
Gear: Cabrinha

Re: Split board for a world tour?

Postby shawn13 » Thu Jul 13, 2017 5:25 am

shawn13 wrote:
Thu Sep 15, 2016 4:01 pm
I did this over the last 12 months: Sri Lanka, Soma Bay, Phuket, El Gouna, Cape Town, Boracay, Mauritius all with the Nobile Split. Its a great board. I would opt for the carbon one tho for weight savings. In El Gouna and Boracay when the wind was light, i was able to rent a raceboard to keep riding so I didnt have any regrets.
I have just passed the two year mark with my nhp split and have added Canada, Cuba twice, Italy, Morocco and now in the southern africa region to the list of places. The board is holding up strong and still performs perfect. I have also added the Nobile Zen Split Hydrofoil to the package so I have a twintip, surf, and hydrfoil with two kites in a single bag. Highly recommend any of these options.

nick14
Medium Poster
Local Beach: rosebud, st kilda, brighton
Gear: 2014 naish park 12m
2012 naish park 9m
2012/13 naish fly
Been thanked: 0

Postby nick14 » Thu Jul 13, 2017 2:01 pm

shawn13 wrote:
Thu Jul 13, 2017 5:25 am
shawn13 wrote:
I did this over the last 12 months: Sri Lanka, Soma Bay, Phuket, El Gouna, Cape Town, Boracay, Mauritius all with the Nobile Split. Its a great board. I would opt for the carbon one tho for weight savings. In El Gouna and Boracay when the wind was light, i was able to rent a raceboard to keep riding so I didnt have any regrets.
I have just passed the two year mark with my nhp split and have added Canada, Cuba twice, Italy, Morocco and now in the southern africa region to the list of places. The board is holding up strong and still performs perfect. I have also added the Nobile Zen Split Hydrofoil to the package so I have a twintip, surf, and hydrfoil with two kites in a single bag. Highly recommend any of these options.
That's my set up as well. Covers all conditions.

Adventure Logs
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: South Padre Island, Texas
Punta del Diablo, Urugay
Gear: Flysurfer, Moses, Groove, Gin

Postby Adventure Logs » Thu Jul 13, 2017 3:45 pm

nick14 wrote:
Thu Jul 13, 2017 2:01 pm
shawn13 wrote:
Thu Jul 13, 2017 5:25 am
shawn13 wrote:
That's my set up as well. Covers all conditions.
Same for me except I'm driving the pan American on a motorcycle with my gear. It's by far the easiest setup to travel with.

Return to “Kitesurfing”