Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Ten Kiteboarding, a new Dutch kitebrand!

Forum for kitesurfers
Faxie
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Netherlands. Maasvlakte, Slufter, Domburg, Brouwersdam, Ouddorp, Vrouwenpolder, Grevelingen.
Style: Freeride, freestyle, wave.
Gear: Crazyfly Hyper 2022 7-9-12, Infinity 2021 9, Raptor Extreme 2020, selfmade bar.
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Ten Kiteboarding, a new Dutch kitebrand!

Postby Faxie » Sun Jul 16, 2017 10:44 pm

Peert wrote:
Sun Jul 16, 2017 10:13 pm
Faxie wrote:
Sun Jul 16, 2017 8:28 pm
Prices are not too bad. Lower than major brands, but not near something like Switch/Zian/Fluid.
So without any achievement or track record they price their products above brands that have at least their 3rd generation of kites in the market? That's bold. They must have confidence in their kites... Who is the designer?

They probably sell a bunch in their own shop to 'their own' students. Added to that these guys might have some network in the kiteworld that could help.
That's right. But the shop has a pretty broad reach, and they kinda positioned themselves as an authority over the years, being the only shop that is pretty much active on the major Dutch forums with reviews and articles. They have lots of demodays too, so enough opportunities to test the kites.

I do think the price is a bit high, cause I don't think they have to deal with distributors and such because it's their own product. Fact is, kites are still cheaper than regular kites you buy at a shop.

Faxie
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Netherlands. Maasvlakte, Slufter, Domburg, Brouwersdam, Ouddorp, Vrouwenpolder, Grevelingen.
Gear: Crazyfly Hyper 2022 7-9-12, Infinity 2021 9, Raptor Extreme 2020, selfmade bar.

Postby Faxie » Sun Jul 16, 2017 10:47 pm

tautologies wrote:
Sun Jul 16, 2017 10:30 pm
Peert wrote:
Sun Jul 16, 2017 10:13 pm
Faxie wrote:
Sun Jul 16, 2017 8:28 pm
Prices are not too bad. Lower than major brands, but not near something like Switch/Zian/Fluid.
So without any achievement or track record they price their products above brands that have at least their 3rd generation of kites in the market? That's bold. They must have confidence in their kites... Who is the designer?

They probably sell a bunch in their own shop to 'their own' students. Added to that these guys might have some network in the kiteworld that could help.
Designer is probably the same guy who designs for epic, and an bunch of other brands...wild guess from me of course. Its definitely the way to get hyper special kites that doesn't look and feel anything like all the other kites he delivers to the other brands he designs for. \s
Momi? Nah don't think so.

tautologies
Very Frequent Poster

Postby tautologies » Sun Jul 16, 2017 10:53 pm

Faxie wrote:
Sun Jul 16, 2017 10:47 pm
haha yeah I'm just kidding. I have no idea.

Faxie
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Faxie » Sun Jul 16, 2017 11:07 pm

tautologies wrote:
Sun Jul 16, 2017 10:53 pm
Faxie wrote:
Sun Jul 16, 2017 10:47 pm
haha yeah I'm just kidding. I have no idea.
I think Eddy Lansink and some other guys at Versus and Kitecare. Maybe they'll come along and clarify.

ten kiteboarding
Rare Poster
Gear: Ten Kiteboarding gear
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby ten kiteboarding » Wed Jul 19, 2017 8:47 am

Hi Guys,

Great to see this conversation picking up! Sorry for not getting involved any earlier but what a week it was! We've been pretty busy after getting the word out and now i finally found some time to check replies here!

@Faxie: FHL is definately not dead but developing. They are a lot smaller in company size than we are so give them some time, they'll get there we're sure!
Yes we produced a great flying allrounder but who said we'll stop there?;) As you are a Dutch guy you probably know where our biggest passion is at! And we aim to answer to our biggest passion as soon as we're 100 percent satisfied with the development of this kite;)

@Palmbeacher: We produce in Sri Lanka. We are always researching options to produce in Europe but at this stage we are very satisfied working in Sri Lanka. Keep in mind that most experience in building kites isn't in Europe but in Asia;) Producing kites require a serious skill set which we know all too well being one of the larger kite repair facilities in Europe as well.

@Peert/Faxie: We have chosen not to go for a direct selling model but to produce affordable kites which are sold by shops. This as with everything increases the prices slightly over the direct selling model but increases service and testing opportunities in the long run. After all, who doesn't like his local kiteshop?! We're currently working on a network of local shops but will take things one at the time as we have no intention to grow 10.000 percent per year.

@Tautologies: We haven't got much to do with Epic Kiteboarding even though we do work together with them on some smaller parts. That being said they don't design our kites. The guys behind the company are Eddy Lansink, Daan Groot and Dominique Kwaks. Both Daan and Eddy are trained product developers and Eddy has been working for Flysurfer/Flyboards for many years and Dominique is also the owner of U-Stick Europe (kitebladder manufacturer in Europe).

Next to this we're blessed with a great group of people surrounding us and working for us in all fields of expertise and we have a great test team with guys and girls of all ages in many different disciplines who provide feedback to us.

Just a little teaser of what's to come next:

a99
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2013
Gear: North, SabMoses, Flysurfer, Liquid Force, Blade, Xenon.

Postby a99 » Wed Jul 19, 2017 2:06 pm

I still wonder why you choosed such strange and not shining for marketing brand name. Ten is like Len10 more, as for teen, something is mising in righ name for brand choosing i think. At least Ton name would be better. Sorry for the comment but i think so.

Peert
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Kijkduin, IJmuiden, Schellinkhout, Wijk aan Zee, Marina, Mirns.
Style: Freeride
Gear: Best Roca 4m, Naish Boxer 6 and 9m, GA Pure 8m Naish Trip 10m, Gong strutless 11m Modded Waroo 14m.
Mako 135x38 Mako 140x40 & Mako King 165x45, Crazyfly Bulldozer, T40 Moses Vorace Hydrofoil + Gong Wings

Postby Peert » Fri Jul 21, 2017 10:05 pm

a99 wrote:
Wed Jul 19, 2017 2:06 pm
I still wonder why you choosed such strange and not shining for marketing brand name. Ten is like Len10 more, as for teen, something is mising in righ name for brand choosing i think. At least Ton name would be better. Sorry for the comment but i think so.
Haha. These guys are Dutch... Ten sounds cool for them. It is the highest grade in school... Something that gets a Ten is perfect....
Ton is a men's first name that was common in the babyboom post WO2 generation. Not the connotation that would create a cool image in the Netherlands.....

Not sure which market they are aiming at...

dr511
Rare Poster
Local Beach: beulaker giethoorn
Favorite Beaches: beulaker giethoorn
Style: freeride
Gear: ziki underwear and schultenbrau

Postby dr511 » Sat Jul 22, 2017 9:44 pm

Nope it's called Ten because that's the only size they don't have in the range.

dksurfer
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Lake Nipissing, North Bay, ON, Canada
Favorite Beaches: Ontario Canada, PEI Canada
Hatteras, North Carolina
Cuba
Style: TT, SB and HF
Gear: 12, 9, 7 North Dice 2016
12 OR Flite 2016
12, 9 North Evo 2014
MHL Lift Foil

Postby dksurfer » Mon Jul 24, 2017 4:33 am

Poor choice of name for sure! A bad start already.

FranciscoCP
Rare Poster
Local Beach: Guincho, Bela Vista, Nova Vaga, Fonte da Telha, Alvor.
Gear: Slingshot SST v6 12m
Slingshot SST 2019 9m
Slingshot Wave SST 2016 6 m
Slingshot The Sentry v1.1
Eleveight Curl Pro 5'10''
HB Bonaparte 5'7''
Dakine C-1

Postby FranciscoCP » Mon Jul 24, 2017 4:55 pm

dksurfer wrote:
Mon Jul 24, 2017 4:33 am
Poor choice of name for sure! A bad start already.
haters are allways gonna hate....... :roll:

try to do better to contribute for the sport or understand silence is sometimes gold!

I have nothing to do with this brand, do not know who these guys are, but admire their entreprenuerial spirit and their passion for the sport.

Return to “Kitesurfing”