still interested to hear about the 5 m² and as long as it is not ready also about the highend of the 7 m².
as writen here, driftlaunch depends on many things
One is the ability of the kite to release water via drainage. The problem of the Chrono V1 and V2 was the same that, the drainage was constructed just much to small in respect to kite size. I don't know how it is constructed for the Hyperlink, heard that it could be a bit better, maybe somebody can make a similar photo?
Flysurfer shows that it is no problem to construct a high performance kite with a huge drainage:
Even the tiny 6 m² Sonic² has a 4 cm drainage on the last cell. The Chrono V1 and V2 has just around 1 cm for the 15 m² sizes as the last Z-Points are set to close to trailing edge.
But it is possible to improve the water release ability of the ozones easily by at least around factor 3 which is still way behind FS but at least much better than original and will make the difference when drift launching, which I tried in both versions, with and without mod:
There are three things to do (for Chrono V1 and V2 and maybe Hyperlink):
1. Cut away the short canopy tube which prevents the velcro to close after opening (you may keep a little flap but not important and no big difference, as I did)
2. Use a lighter to melt away the last 1-2 cm of the velcro
3. Use a hole puncher or/and nail scissor to make 2-3 extra holes above the Z-connection point into the cell:
Be carefully not to cut the outer canopy and sewings but take care to not just cut the cell but also the folded part of the cell behind the cell sewing.
Happy drift launching