Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

F-One 2018

Forum for kitesurfers
iriejohn
Very Frequent Poster
Weight: 80kg, 1.78m
Local Beach: West & East Wittering (UK South Coast)
Style: Make it up as I go along
Gear: Bars, Kites
Twintips, Directional
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: F-One 2018

Postby iriejohn » Tue Aug 29, 2017 11:04 am

maffhieu wrote:
Tue Aug 29, 2017 3:10 am
I'm curious about the big valve inflation system, why a spring ?
Wonder if the spring is stainless steel? :wink:

Ianw
Medium Poster
Local Beach: UK - South Coast
Style: Freeride
Gear: Core XR8, Lieuwe Falcon & Ride Engine
Brand Affiliation: None - Cost me a fortune!!!
Has thanked: 0

Postby Ianw » Tue Aug 29, 2017 3:07 pm

All the inflatable SUP boards have the same spring loaded valve system. If it works for them with pressures up to 15 to 20 psi v's 10 psi for the Bandit then I can't see why it won't work. Also at last a brand manufacturer has taken the initiative to standardise the inflation valve system.

jeromeL
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Longisland NY
Style: freestyle
Gear: Fone Bandit 2014 12m^2, 2015 9, 2015 7, 2015 14
Best GP 2015 9m
Star Sirius V2 12m
Nobile Fity/50 138cm
Naish Apex bindings.
Zeeko Green and White + Shinn El Stubbo
Has thanked: 0

Postby jeromeL » Tue Aug 29, 2017 3:21 pm

iriejohn wrote:
maffhieu wrote:
Wonder if the spring is stainless steel? :wink:
On best system sometimes the tongue get stuck but it's usually not an issue, you start pumping and if air is escaping you just push the tongue and then it closes the valve as air push it out. I wonder if you have to hold the spring down to deflate now...

Now they need to invest in better quality pulleys and Bandit will look pretty good.

alexeyga
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2006
Weight: 200
Favorite Beaches: Ocean shore!
Style: Freeride dongling
Gear: Eleveight / Shinn / North / Axis / Slingshot / Airush

Postby alexeyga » Tue Aug 29, 2017 3:22 pm

I was expecting them to update both the inflation valve and the bar back with B7, when B8 came out with no changes it felt like a joke. When B9 came out with no changes - it became hilarious, but when B10 released with yet another go at coloring books and no real changes - I figured that F-One is holding everybody for a bunch of imbeciles.

Here's the kicker, by finally making these changes for B11 - they also rendered all previous generations pretty much obsolete.
maffhieu wrote:
Faxie wrote:
Tue Aug 29, 2017 12:05 am
wetdog wrote:
Mon Aug 28, 2017 5:30 pm
Finally a bar that is up to date with todays standards.
Lol, yeah only took them 8 years or so :rollgrin: And there's still plenty to nitpick, but at least it's miles better than the previous bar.
Yeah, finally a one line flag out system and a swivel :lol: welcome in 2010 :oops:

I have to say, i'm impressed they managed to sell that many kites these past few years with a outdated bar :-?

Faxie
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Netherlands. Maasvlakte, Slufter, Domburg, Brouwersdam, Ouddorp, Vrouwenpolder, Grevelingen.
Style: Freeride, freestyle, wave.
Gear: Crazyfly Hyper 2022 7-9-12, Infinity 2021 9, Raptor Extreme 2020, selfmade bar.

Postby Faxie » Tue Aug 29, 2017 3:36 pm

alexeyga wrote:
Tue Aug 29, 2017 3:22 pm
I was expecting them to update both the inflation valve and the bar back with B7, when B8 came out with no changes it felt like a joke. When B9 came out with no changes - it became hilarious, but when B10 released with yet another go at coloring books and no real changes - I figured that F-One is holding everybody for a bunch of imbeciles.

Here's the kicker, by finally making these changes for B11 - they also rendered all previous generations pretty much obsolete.
maffhieu wrote:
Faxie wrote:

Lol, yeah only took them 8 years or so :rollgrin: And there's still plenty to nitpick, but at least it's miles better than the previous bar.
Yeah, finally a one line flag out system and a swivel :lol: welcome in 2010 :oops:

I have to say, i'm impressed they managed to sell that many kites these past few years with a outdated bar :-?

And somehow people still love the stuff... shows just exactly what good marketing and a slightly higher pricepoint can do....

I feel the same about the bar... I had a B3 bar, and up until now nothing really changed other than the grip, and the QR a few years ago (without a swivel....lol)

And +1 about the pulleys. latest model I flew was a B9, and those pulleys were exactly the same as my B3 pulleys, and those were crap already.

I don't get it why people keep falling for it, while there a so many good brands on the market

Faxie
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Netherlands. Maasvlakte, Slufter, Domburg, Brouwersdam, Ouddorp, Vrouwenpolder, Grevelingen.
Style: Freeride, freestyle, wave.
Gear: Crazyfly Hyper 2022 7-9-12, Infinity 2021 9, Raptor Extreme 2020, selfmade bar.

Postby Faxie » Tue Aug 29, 2017 3:39 pm

Ianw wrote:
Tue Aug 29, 2017 3:07 pm
All the inflatable SUP boards have the same spring loaded valve system. If it works for them with pressures up to 15 to 20 psi v's 10 psi for the Bandit then I can't see why it won't work. Also at last a brand manufacturer has taken the initiative to standardise the inflation valve system.
Boston valve anyone?

dylan*
Very Frequent Poster
Gear:

Postby dylan* » Tue Aug 29, 2017 4:17 pm

Faxie wrote:
Tue Aug 29, 2017 3:39 pm
Ianw wrote:
Tue Aug 29, 2017 3:07 pm
Boston valve anyone?
yeah, boston valve is fine. I don't know why every brand is trying to "innovate" with (worse) variations of something that already works. if you're not going to do something radically different (like LF maxflow - which I think is the best valve on the market right now) why not just go with a standard system rather than something with springs and shit you have to twist and lock and buttons to press...

alexeyga
Very Frequent Poster

Postby alexeyga » Tue Aug 29, 2017 4:24 pm

dylan* wrote:
Tue Aug 29, 2017 4:17 pm

yeah, boston valve is fine. I don't know why every brand is trying to "innovate" with (worse) variations of something that already works. if you're not going to do something radically different (like LF maxflow - which I think is the best valve on the market right now) why not just go with a standard system rather than something with springs and shit you have to twist and lock and buttons to press...
Maybe it has to do with the fact that F-One is French company... after all, French have came up with the whole metric system and nobody has a clear explanation as to "why?" besides the obvious that they only did it for the sake of being different from Brits! :lol: :lol: :lol:

windmaker
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: .
Style: Strapless surf and foil
Gear: F-One & Aeros kites/ HB surf/ Taaroa foil/ Manera

Postby windmaker » Tue Aug 29, 2017 4:41 pm

alexeyga wrote:
Tue Aug 29, 2017 3:22 pm

maffhieu wrote:
Faxie wrote:

I think some guys have lost touch with what really matters in a kite. F-one is not perfect (who is?) but the Bandits flight characteristics are among the best and has set the trend for other manufacturers regarding how a versatile kite should be.
Those who can appreciate it's performance love it, those who can't relate easier to peripherals which we all know will never change the way any kite flies .
No offense but saying that Bandits 7,8,9 and 10 are the same questions your competence as a kitesurfer...

alexeyga
Very Frequent Poster

Postby alexeyga » Tue Aug 29, 2017 5:00 pm

windmaker wrote:
Tue Aug 29, 2017 4:41 pm
I think some guys have lost touch with what really matters in a kite. F-one is not perfect (who is?) but the Bandits flight characteristics are among the best and has set the trend for other manufacturers regarding how a versatile kite should be.
Those who can appreciate it's performance love it, those who can't relate easier to peripherals which we all know will never change the way any kite flies .
No offense but saying that Bandits 7,8,9 and 10 are the same questions your competence as a kitesurfer...
Nobody says that Bandit is a bad-flying kite, these are great all-rounders, arguably among the best ones, but why whould you spend your money on a great flying kite with outdated features and disfunctional safety when you can spend the same amount of money or less on another great-flying kite which has a functional security system and all other features in check with today's date?

I haven't found any change-worthy differences between B6, B7 and B8 and later I just lost interest altoghether. For what gear goes for nowadays, I'm spending my money elsewhere - as simple as that.

Return to “Kitesurfing”