Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

RRD obsession 2015 compatible with global V7 bar?

Forum for kitesurfers
Viveka Nilsson
Rare Poster
Local Beach: Helsingborg
Gear: RRD, Naish
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

RRD obsession 2015 compatible with global V7 bar?

Postby Viveka Nilsson » Thu Sep 07, 2017 1:24 pm

Hi,
I just bought an Obsession 7m from 2015 and the global V7 control bar. RRD is supposed to have a system where all bars fit all their kites, almost. But do you know if this is the case with the combo i have now?
Thanks,
Viveka

Gergz
Rare Poster
Gear: Best TS 7/9/12

Re: RRD obsession 2015 compatible with global V7 bar?

Postby Gergz » Thu Sep 07, 2017 2:04 pm

their latest bar have a low V design, and the previous ones had a higher split point (around 4-5m), which makes the whole kite feel a bit more direct (low V) and a bit more slack on the back lines (better for freestyle) but you might want to shorten the front pigtails (or put an extra few cm on the steering lines) to prevent backstalling but otherwise it should work perfectly with the newer bar

I think they bar length is around 55cm (looks even longer with the bulky ends!) which I would cut down to 42-45cm for smaller kites (7/9m) for sure

alfredo68
Medium Poster
Kiting since: 2008
Style: wave
Gear: blade AR wave

Postby alfredo68 » Thu Sep 07, 2017 5:37 pm

Gergz wrote:
Thu Sep 07, 2017 2:04 pm
their latest bar have a low V design, and the previous ones had a higher split point (around 4-5m), which makes the whole kite feel a bit more direct (low V) and a bit more slack on the back lines (better for freestyle) but you might want to shorten the front pigtails (or put an extra few cm on the steering lines) to prevent backstalling but otherwise it should work perfectly with the newer bar

I think they bar length is around 55cm (looks even longer with the bulky ends!) which I would cut down to 42-45cm for smaller kites (7/9m) for sure
:thumb: I just bought a new religion 7 mts 2015 , no bar. I will try to use it with my blade unibar or airush progression bar , both low V. It should perform ok?
should i shorten the front lines ?

thanks!!!

or6
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 1997
Weight: 81
Local Beach: Wijk aan zee, Zandmotor, Hoek and in between
Favorite Beaches: Muriwai NZ, El Medano Tenerife, la Ventana México, Hood River, Portland area, Vancouver Island, Wijk aan Zee, Moulay Bouzerktoun
Style: Waveriding
Gear: RRD Religion 4 meter, 5 and 7 meter Kauper XT Maverick, 9 meter Core GTS6, Ben Wilson Vibe 9, Peter Lynn Phantom v2 9, Appletree Klokhouse Noseless 5'3", Wanted Pure 6'0", Shinn Bronq Heritage, Gong Foil

Postby or6 » Thu Sep 07, 2017 5:52 pm

Don't know about the lines, but it will be just fine with that bar. The religions don't stall easily, but like their freedom, so make sure your setup is four lines at the same length, when bar is at full power.

The religion has the option to adjust the back lines at the kite. Might come in handy, when combining other kites with the same bar.

Have fun with it, let it drift, spin it, loop it down the line. It's very balanced, I love it. Hopefully you will too.

alfredo68
Medium Poster
Kiting since: 2008
Style: wave
Gear: blade AR wave

Postby alfredo68 » Thu Sep 07, 2017 7:21 pm

or6 wrote:
Thu Sep 07, 2017 5:52 pm
Don't know about the lines, but it will be just fine with that bar. The religions don't stall easily, but like their freedom, so make sure your setup is four lines at the same length, when bar is at full power.

The religion has the option to adjust the back lines at the kite. Might come in handy, when combining other kites with the same bar.

Have fun with it, let it drift, spin it, loop it down the line. It's very balanced, I love it. Hopefully you will too.
:thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: thnaks!

GrodanBoll
Medium Poster

Postby GrodanBoll » Thu Sep 07, 2017 7:41 pm

Gergz wrote:
Thu Sep 07, 2017 2:04 pm

How do you adjust the bar length?

wetdog
Medium Poster
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby wetdog » Mon Sep 11, 2017 11:15 pm

Viveka Nilsson wrote:
Thu Sep 07, 2017 1:24 pm
Hi,
I just bought an Obsession 7m from 2015 and the global V7 control bar. RRD is supposed to have a system where all bars fit all their kites, almost. But do you know if this is the case with the combo i have now?
Thanks,
Viveka
I actually asked this on their facebook page (RRD International) and the answer I got was " yes all our kites work on every rrd bar, cheers and enjoy"

Gergz
Rare Poster
Gear: Best TS 7/9/12

Postby Gergz » Fri Sep 15, 2017 7:03 pm

GrodanBoll wrote:
Thu Sep 07, 2017 7:41 pm
How do you adjust the bar length?
[/quote]

unscrew the rubber bar ends and with a bit of force it should come off then you just have to measure it to the right length and cut it down with a hand saw (it's aluminum) then put the ends back (glue, screws)

I cut off about 5-5cm both ends. Hope it helps!

Return to “Kitesurfing”