Gear: Slingshot for all!
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Revl Arc cam: Anybody preorder one?

Postby CaliRider » Fri Nov 10, 2017 3:38 pm

maffhieu wrote:
Fri Nov 10, 2017 3:27 pm
CaliRider wrote:
Fri Nov 10, 2017 3:06 pm
Have you seen the videos that Susie Mai has been posting with her revel? Keeps it steady, but it still rolls around a lot but at least its better than nothing.
No... :cry:
Link please :bye:
Its on fakebook. https://www.facebook.com/susimai/videos ... 560187387/

CaptainArgh
Very Frequent Poster
Style: freeride, surf, slicks, dwindr exploring
Gear: SS RPM 6, SST 8/10 and Rally 12

Postby CaptainArgh » Fri Nov 10, 2017 4:02 pm

This camera has been in production so long that I suspect when it comes out, the image quality will be 18 months behind the latest from GoPro or others. I hope they do well, though. These startups force the competition to innovate on features and price.

Has to be tough for a 10-50 person startup to compete with a Chinese company that enters the market. Look how many small U.S. drone companies were around or on kickstarter last year, then DJI throws 6,000 low-wage employees at the problem and nobody else can compete. It's amazing GoPro has lasted this long with action cameras, but they have 1500 employees now to keep them in the game of releasing cameras before the firmware is out of beta. :lol:

Largorn
Rare Poster
Gear: Cabrinha, Brunotti and Slingshot
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby Largorn » Sat Nov 11, 2017 6:21 pm

CaliRider wrote:
Fri Nov 10, 2017 3:38 pm
maffhieu wrote:
Fri Nov 10, 2017 3:27 pm
CaliRider wrote:
Fri Nov 10, 2017 3:06 pm
Have you seen the videos that Susie Mai has been posting with her revel? Keeps it steady, but it still rolls around a lot but at least its better than nothing.
No... :cry:
Link please :bye:
Its on fakebook. https://www.facebook.com/susimai/videos ... 560187387/
I think it's quite decent actually. It keeps the horizon steady on the rotations, that's something you can impossibly do with post-processing. Here is a short test-video I made with a "regular" linemount (Camrig). First without stabilization, then with stabilization from Adobe Premiere Pro: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LCakHJakppc
If Susi adds that kind of post-stabilization to her video it will be perfect I think.

maffhieu
Medium Poster
Kiting since: 2008
Local Beach: Les Aresquiers
Gear: North Dice 12m 2016
North Dice 9m 2017
North Dice 7m 2018
North Team Series 2015
Ride Engine Silver Elite 2017
WOO 1.0
WOO 3.0

Postby maffhieu » Sun Nov 12, 2017 1:17 am

In therory it is possible to get the same result as the ARC via post production, but the more you stabilise your footage the more your image will be cropped and if you want to keep a 16:9 ratio you will need a crazy high resolution to start with...

I've been following the ARC REVL since the beginning, the concept is awesome :D

The video from Susi Mai is a bit disappointing. Image quality is poor but it's probably Facebook's fault, and the stabilisation is not perfect but it does the job i guess.
The horizon stays leveled but still moves quite a bit...

Or maybe my excitment got away after "waiting" that long to see this... :roll:

andylc
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Exmouth
Favorite Beaches: Saunton Sands
Gear: Reedin Supermodel V3 7,9,11m, Duotone Juice 13m
Saul Custom Wave Board 138cm
Nomad Superleggera LW 142cm

Postby andylc » Sun Nov 12, 2017 9:16 am

The same crazy situation remains, which is that despite it apparently shipping already, and sending endless emails, continually posting on Facebook etc there are still no proper independent reviews out there.

ouno
Rare Poster
Gear: Neo / Pro Whip / Wam

Postby ouno » Tue Nov 14, 2017 3:35 pm

From Revl Facebook:
PLEASE READ. MOST OF YOUR QUESTIONS ARE ANSWERED BELOW.

Last week the first batch of cameras rolled off the assembly line. They will be processed this week and should start arriving the week of the 20th. We have waited for this day for almost 3 years since we started Revl. It's an Epic day for us but there is still much to do. I've asked my co-founders, Bruce and Nelson to send pictures or videos. Bare with them because they are behind the great firewall of China.

As we start shipping units, I want you guys to know that we are moving forward as fast as possible but initial ramp-up will be slow. We are expected to fulfill all pre-orders by the third week of December. Floship in Hong Kong will handle fulfillment for us. They are using 5 different shipping carriers depending on the country.

European orders are subject to VAT upon entry. You will have to pay for this. If you are NOT ok paying VAT please email us ASAP to cancel your order and we will gladly give you a refund. You can purchase a Revl later on from our European distributor for 499 Euro with VAT included, and it will be fulfilled directly from Europe.

Please understand that we are shipping in Chronological order. Indiegogo Orders will ship first, followed by Web Preorders. YES, you will get a tracking number. Please don't ask for exceptions or early camera shipments. I know most of you have EPIC trips coming up this month but we can't make any exceptions at this time. It's too much for our small team to handle.

Free Battery. All orders get a free battery. If you ordered an additional battery then you get, 3 batteries total. It's simple.

Final confirmation. Before shipping any cameras, my team will send you a final confirmation asking you to confirm your address one last time before we ship it to you. If you do not confirm we will hold your order until you do confirm.

The APP! We have built and Andoid App and an iOS app. Both will be launching on November 20th.

The iOS app can control the camera, change settings, it has several neural networks built in to detect important moments like jumps, 180's 360's, kite jumps, high g-force, free fall, people smiling, and it can even detect pets. The app has a fully functional video editor that combine these AI detected moments into compelling videos. We even have special algorithms to analyze music and make your video synchronize to the beat of the music.

The Andoid app is behind in features. It can only control the camera, show a live preview, and change settings at the moment. We have 3 developers on android and they are catching up to the iOS team.

Bar mount. we never had time to finish designing the Bar mount. Whoever bought one can choose between a full refund for the cost of the bar mount or 120% credit to use at revl.com. There are many other bar mounts on the market and we include several mounts which are compatible with them. If this is not a good enough solution we still offer full refunds. Apologies that we could not finish this on time.

Kite mount. we have tested over a dozen designs for the line mount and we are currently finalizing it. I will do everything I can to expedite the first 150 units so we can ship them to you within a few days of the camera. They will ship separately but we will cover this cost.

REFUNDS - EMAIL Support@Revl.com

Eric
The REVL team

keegster17
Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2013
Weight: 175lbs
Local Beach: Lake Ontario
Style: Free ride big air
Gear: Flysurfer Sonic 3, 13m, Flysurfer Soul 9m, Gin Spirit 12m, Flysurfer Radical board

Postby keegster17 » Fri Nov 24, 2017 4:32 pm

Did anyone receive one yet? no reviews still?

rogue_kiteboarder
Frequent Poster
Gear: Crazy Fly Bulldozer/Crazyfly Raptor LTD, Naish Pivot, Duotone Rebel, Crazyfly Hyper, Mystic Majestic X
Brand Affiliation: Kiteboarding.com

Postby rogue_kiteboarder » Fri Nov 24, 2017 6:50 pm

I got a $100 off black Friday email from them and after clicking the pre-order button, it shows that even ordering today, it will ship n December. I find it highly unlikely but who knows.

keegster17
Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2013
Weight: 175lbs
Local Beach: Lake Ontario
Style: Free ride big air
Gear: Flysurfer Sonic 3, 13m, Flysurfer Soul 9m, Gin Spirit 12m, Flysurfer Radical board

Postby keegster17 » Fri Nov 24, 2017 7:37 pm

Yes, I received that to, but hesitant, because I have not heard one review yet.

CaliRider
Medium Poster
Local Beach: 3rd Ave, Cotote Pt., Crissy
Favorite Beaches: Kite Beach Maui
Gear: Slingshot for all!

Postby CaliRider » Mon Nov 27, 2017 5:03 am

anyone used a hero 6 yet? looks like it has epic stabilization.

Return to “Kitesurfing”