Galveston
Favorite Beaches: North Shore, Oahu, Hawaii
Playa del Carmen
Style: Freeride, surf, hydrofoil, airstyle
Gear: Core, Ozone, Moses,
Brand Affiliation: None

Enata Foil reviews?

Postby Texaskiter » Sat Nov 11, 2017 9:54 pm

Has anyone tried the Enata Foil yet (formerly Banga)? I am wondering how similar it is to the former Banga Foil. Curious if they changed the design. What interested me in the Banga is how it may be a better race Foil for a heavier rider (I am 205 lbs). And sounds better for light wind racing. I would appreciate any feedback.

davesails7
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2006
Weight: 75 kg
Local Beach: Virginia Beach
Style: Race
Gear: ML B3
R1V2 11. VMG 13, 15, 18
OR Mako 130x35

Re: Enata Foil reviews?

Postby davesails7 » Sun Nov 12, 2017 1:25 am

I don't know about the Enata, but from talking to someone with a Banga, they did say it was most competitive when the wind was light.

Mikes Lab and Delta have both just come out with larger wings as well, so might work for you. People were testing the larger Delta wings this past weekend and were very happy with them.

Texaskiter
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Texas City
Galveston
Favorite Beaches: North Shore, Oahu, Hawaii
Playa del Carmen
Style: Freeride, surf, hydrofoil, airstyle
Gear: Core, Ozone, Moses,

Postby Texaskiter » Sun Nov 12, 2017 3:50 pm

Thanks! Very helpful. I will look into the Mikeslab and Delta as well.

foilonfoil
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Belmont Shore, CA / Hood River, OR
Favorite Beaches: Crissy Field, San Francisco, CA / Benicia, CA / Sail Bay, San Diego, CA / Hermosa Beach, CA
Style: Kitefoil
Gear: Flysurfer Sonic Race, Core Section V1's, MikesLab Foil, Camet Boards.
Has thanked: 0

Postby foilonfoil » Sun Nov 12, 2017 6:07 pm

I had the Banga and buddy has the Enata. Enata is a Banga with "improvements" - A thicker fuselage is the major difference. Wings look the same. There was no discernible difference riding the Enata vs the Banga.

MikesLab is the Ferrari of foils and there will be a waiting period before you are able to get one unless you purchase second hand but totally worth the wait. I only hear good things about DeltaFoils although I have not had the chance to ride one myself.

Unified wings/fuselages are perfect for most conditions including the race circuit. Levitaz and Alpinefoil are somewhat unique now with various wing options available for all riders so you can optimize for the situation... Alpinefoil have been doing very well on one direction/channel crossing events as they have options for very small high aspect ratio front wings. It takes considerable speed to get foiling but top end speed is very fast. It would totally suck around a race circuit but excels going fast in one direction... No channel crossing/one leg type events where I kite so just an FYI.

Boards matter too and certainly for MikesLab you need a board to match the foil... Plenty of rocker and specific placement of the box in the board or a board that has rails with a rail/tuttlebox adapter that can be positioned appropriately.

davesails7
Very Frequent Poster
R1V2 11. VMG 13, 15, 18
OR Mako 130x35

Postby davesails7 » Sun Nov 12, 2017 11:40 pm

Delta has become very popular on the east coast. Last race, was at least 10 delta foils in a fleet of about 30. I've heard it's close to Mike's Lab from someone who rode both, but Mike's Lab is the best still.

Mike's lab is almost 50% more money and takes much longer to get. I think delta is $3000 including the board, but Mike's Lab is $2800 just for the foil. 1 month wait for Delta.
foilonfoil wrote: Boards matter too and certainly for MikesLab you need a board to match the foil...
Delta has a far back tuttle posution also. Most ride with rear Tuttle bolt as the front bolt of the rear footstrap.

foilonfoil
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Belmont Shore, CA / Hood River, OR
Favorite Beaches: Crissy Field, San Francisco, CA / Benicia, CA / Sail Bay, San Diego, CA / Hermosa Beach, CA
Style: Kitefoil
Gear: Flysurfer Sonic Race, Core Section V1's, MikesLab Foil, Camet Boards.

Postby foilonfoil » Mon Nov 13, 2017 3:00 am

davesails7 wrote:
Sun Nov 12, 2017 11:40 pm
Delta has become very popular on the east coast. Last race, was at least 10 delta foils in a fleet of about 30. I've heard it's close to Mike's Lab from someone who rode both, but Mike's Lab is the best still.

Mike's lab is almost 50% more money and takes much longer to get. I think delta is $3000 including the board, but Mike's Lab is $2800 just for the foil. 1 month wait for Delta.

Delta has a far back tuttle position also. Most ride with rear Tuttle bolt as the front bolt of the rear footstrap.
Same board strap position for MikesLab. I like to have two foils for travel so definitely will look at Delta as my second. Thanks for the feedback!

davesails7
Very Frequent Poster
R1V2 11. VMG 13, 15, 18
OR Mako 130x35

Postby davesails7 » Mon Nov 13, 2017 1:00 pm

foilonfoil wrote:
Mon Nov 13, 2017 3:00 am
Same board strap position for MikesLab. I like to have two foils for travel so definitely will look at Delta as my second.
You use the turtle bolt too gold the footstrap on Mike's Lab? All the mikes lab board I've seen have had the Tuttle bolt under the footstrap.

Delta also offers a split board. I think the guy who builds them said the whole setup fits in an extra large suitcase. It's a full size race board, just a bit heavier

james
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: My own
Brand Affiliation: My own

Postby james » Mon Nov 13, 2017 4:50 pm

Tuttle!!!!!

The guys name was/is Larry Tuttle!

I swear it’s not that bloody hard to call things by the correct name

Or all of you that keep saying turtle think the rest of us have got it wrong? 😂😂

borist
Very Frequent Poster

Postby borist » Mon Nov 13, 2017 7:02 pm

I think the spell checker is at fault here

davesails7
Very Frequent Poster
R1V2 11. VMG 13, 15, 18
OR Mako 130x35

Postby davesails7 » Mon Nov 13, 2017 11:24 pm

james wrote:
Mon Nov 13, 2017 4:50 pm
Tuttle!!!!!

The guys name was/is Larry Tuttle!
:lol: yeah, auto-correct got me. I got it right on the next line and several other times in the post above :wink:

I also meant "hold" not "gold"

I may never forgive myself for this :cry: I'm sorry everyone for calling it a turtle box

Return to “Hydrofoil”