Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

The best boosting kites. Your real world testing :)

Forum for kitesurfers
jeromeL
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Longisland NY
Style: freestyle
Gear: Fone Bandit 2014 12m^2, 2015 9, 2015 7, 2015 14
Best GP 2015 9m
Star Sirius V2 12m
Nobile Fity/50 138cm
Naish Apex bindings.
Zeeko Green and White + Shinn El Stubbo
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0

Re: The best boosting kites. Your real world testing :)

Postby jeromeL » Tue Nov 14, 2017 6:06 pm

Yann Chouard on facebook just posted 24m on woo, on flat water in Leucate pond, looks like he was on North Rebel if I checkout some of his pictures.

I don' t think anyone else jumped as high on flat water without a kicker?

Bartolo
Medium Poster
Kiting since: 2007
Local Beach: WIjk aan Zee Netherlands
Style: old school jumping / wave
Gear: Eleveight
Brand Affiliation: Eleveight kites

Postby Bartolo » Tue Nov 14, 2017 6:56 pm

edt wrote:
Tue Nov 14, 2017 5:44 pm
nick jacobsen 26.7 meters 9m Cabrinha FX 2017, in sep 2016 woo
phil morstad 21.2m 9m north rebel 2015 in jul 2015 woo
lewis crathern 19.4m during red bull king of the air 2017 pretty sure he was on a north vegas, maybe a 9m?
naish torch 9m can also give you a 19+ meter jump, I remember seeing it scoring well in red bull king of the air 2016

What's the common characteristic of high jumping kites? No idea.
Really..?

9m! ;-)

But I thought this topic was not about the pro's

edt
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2010
Local Beach: Michigan
Gear: ride hard, no regrets

Postby edt » Tue Nov 14, 2017 8:04 pm

Bartolo wrote:
Tue Nov 14, 2017 6:56 pm
edt wrote:
lewis crathern 19.4m during red bull king of the air 2017 pretty sure he was on a north vegas, maybe a 9m?
naish torch 9m can also give you a 19+ meter jump, I remember seeing it scoring well in red bull king of the air 2016

What's the common characteristic of high jumping kites? No idea.
Really..?

9m! ;-)

But I thought this topic was not about the pro's
I'm bad at following rules! anyway same kited that boost high for pros boost high for us too

LasseM
Rare Poster
Local Beach: Not actually Beaches... But Baltic-see/North-see "coasts"
Favorite Beaches: St. Peter Ording, Römö
Style: Without Style, just riding :x
Gear: Zian Hantu 9/12 and Zian Kima 7
Been thanked: 0

Postby LasseM » Wed Nov 15, 2017 2:24 pm

jeromeL wrote:
Tue Nov 14, 2017 5:29 pm
LasseM wrote:
Tue Nov 14, 2017 5:03 pm
1. Zian Hantu 9m 2016

Edit.: I´m not willing to change to a real "boosting" kite like the Edge or Rebel since I´m also very much into Kiteloops :D
what's zian hantu, googled it but looks like it just came out.

I am same as you move to C kite to learn kiteloop but now that I have technique right I am considering getting maybe some hybrid to get a bit more hangtime and less bar pressure. I don't think i would like the feel of a boosting kite though, I like too much how the power builds up when you send it.

Since I have been working on kiteloop I rarely go out super powered, should be rigging my 12m more often but having more fun on 9m medium power.
Zian Kiteboarding is a small and young brand from the netherlands. Founded I think in 2012... They have 3 kitelines that are Aquila (Bow), Kima (Delta/wave) and Hantu that is somewhat C-Hybrid, SLE... What ever... I don´t really follow this shapes :D It is promoted as "Master of Styles". I really dont know but I like it and they were very cheap. Unfortunately the website is down since some weeks for some reason...

Same here, I like the medium power area at the moment to ramp up the power of my loops slowly :) And actually I just don´t like big kites, so I´d rather take the 9m medium power than 12m good powered.

pmaggie
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2010
Local Beach: Gera Lario, Como Lake, Italy
Favorite Beaches: Lo Stagnone (Marsala, Sicily - Italy) - Soma Bay (Egipt) - Cabarete (Dom Rep.) - Kite beach (Maui)
Style: Freeride
Gear: Core XR4 11, Core Riot XR 7, Core Riot XR2 15, Flysurfer Speed 5 21, Flysurfer Sonic 3 13
Shinn Bronq 136x42, Shinn Bronq XL

Postby pmaggie » Wed Nov 15, 2017 3:00 pm

Don't own a measurement system nor I'm a great booster. That said, I'm really impressed by my FS Speed 5 21, not for the height of the jump but for how long I'm staying in the air! The fact it is soooo slow let you stay in the air forever.

jeromeL
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Longisland NY
Style: freestyle
Gear: Fone Bandit 2014 12m^2, 2015 9, 2015 7, 2015 14
Best GP 2015 9m
Star Sirius V2 12m
Nobile Fity/50 138cm
Naish Apex bindings.
Zeeko Green and White + Shinn El Stubbo

Postby jeromeL » Wed Nov 15, 2017 6:20 pm

LasseM wrote:
Wed Nov 15, 2017 2:24 pm
jeromeL wrote:
Tue Nov 14, 2017 5:29 pm
LasseM wrote:
Tue Nov 14, 2017 5:03 pm
1. Zian Hantu 9m 2016

Edit.: I´m not willing to change to a real "boosting" kite like the Edge or Rebel since I´m also very much into Kiteloops :D
what's zian hantu, googled it but looks like it just came out.

I am same as you move to C kite to learn kiteloop but now that I have technique right I am considering getting maybe some hybrid to get a bit more hangtime and less bar pressure. I don't think i would like the feel of a boosting kite though, I like too much how the power builds up when you send it.

Since I have been working on kiteloop I rarely go out super powered, should be rigging my 12m more often but having more fun on 9m medium power.
Zian Kiteboarding is a small and young brand from the netherlands. Founded I think in 2012... They have 3 kitelines that are Aquila (Bow), Kima (Delta/wave) and Hantu that is somewhat C-Hybrid, SLE... What ever... I don´t really follow this shapes :D It is promoted as "Master of Styles". I really dont know but I like it and they were very cheap. Unfortunately the website is down since some weeks for some reason...

Same here, I like the medium power area at the moment to ramp up the power of my loops slowly :) And actually I just don´t like big kites, so I´d rather take the 9m medium power than 12m good powered.
Thanks for info i thought it was a new brand since the website was down. It's impressive number of small brand in Europe.

I feel when you start kiteboarding you really get into boosting for first couple of year, I was always taking my 12m overpowered, then with time you learn to enjoy smaller size ;) I literally have session where I have hard time going upwind on 9m and then wind build up and I am throwing some loop on gust lol
the other day i was learning double backroll kiteloop on my 9m in 22 knots was pretty sweet ;)

kjorn
Very Frequent Poster

Postby kjorn » Thu Nov 16, 2017 1:55 am

edt wrote:

What's the common characteristic of high jumping kites? No idea. You tell me. Maybe get a few more kites that have scored in the 19m+ range that we can add to the sort list I have above.
This is the exact list I was hoping to avoid. I wanted stats from real people, pros get to travel to perfect spots with perfect kit. Sure its fun to watch them, but its almost impossible to emulate them. I'm sure there are more people boosting on Edges and Rebels over 10m than vegas or torch.

ShaveTheWhales
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2040
Local Beach: West Straya Oz
Style: Fun with friends :) and being helpful :)
Gear: Lightwind, 11m Sonic 3, OR Flite, slingshot Dwarf craft foil board, Sab foil
Medium Wind, 12m OR Flite, 8 SouL, TT C6 board, Crazyfly Ltd, Shinn Monk, Wave board
Strong / Gnarly Wind, 8m SouL, 8m XR Core, C6 board
All with custom moded bars
Brand Affiliation: Anything that jumps well & fun to fly. Brand Bitch to none :)

Postby ShaveTheWhales » Thu Nov 16, 2017 3:37 am

Well I always have a giggle when Im jumping on my Screamers, everyone talking up and then say who the fark is this guy, 7-9-12m..

The Screamer boosts big and turns, i have no trouble megalooping it.
Most kites are just jump Or turn... dont get sucked into branding hype - plenty of good kites these days ;)

7m kite
Old NBL learner board 140x40

As for height.. over kite height in storm weather in southern Ireland.

The shit woo leaked water but intelligent kiters know your doin ok if you can look down on someone.

downunder
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: building my own

Postby downunder » Thu Nov 16, 2017 9:09 am

I do not go out when is nuking. However , my last Woo badge was on 12th Nov. with 8m and was on 9m Boost1. That said, the other guy
was on 10m Airush, I think, and did 10.3m which is exactly as the guy on 10m Cab. All totally different kites.

What does this it say? Don't blame the tool :) Well, in this case I do blame Woo ver1 :) Would be probably higher with ver 2, one would think? :)

When is light, that's when I'm the best with my 59kg. Than the height does no matter, style does. Just saying...

Lazy kiter
Rare Poster
Local Beach: Seattle
Favorite Beaches: Windy beaches
Style: On a board
Gear: What ever works

Postby Lazy kiter » Tue Nov 21, 2017 5:54 am

1. Kite details: LiquidForce wow V2 (6,8,10,12,14m)
2. Board size. Boots or straps? 2018 Liquidforce Echo 137 boots
3. Best boost (PIQ, Woo or xensr) Woo 14.8m on my 8m wow
4. Boosts you'd expect to do on a good day: 12m
5. How long have you been kiting: 6 years
6. Do you like the kite? Love the kite. Boosts and loops sooo good.

Return to “Kitesurfing”