Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Transporting Kiteboard on Bicycle

forum for kitesurfers

Another Toby
Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 0
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby Another Toby » Thu Apr 12, 2007 12:34 am

kitezilla wrote:The biggest problem I have had in taking both motor scooters and bicycles, out onto the sand, is parking them and getting them to stand upright, and not fall over in the wind and soft sand. The two-wheeled trailers work best for me, since I can jack-knife the trailer and lean the bike against the trailer.

Can you do that with the one-wheeled trailer?

Also, is it hard to get the kites and boards loaded into the one-wheeled trailer, so that it is balanced?
Hey kitezilla
The one wheeled trailer wants to lean against something. I've seen people rig up stands for them...
but the real advantage is your load is balanced, with a low centre of gravity, and it leans through the corners with you. You can go fast!
My trip to the beach yesterday was fun! Sealed road, bike path, a few km of corrugated dirt road, down a narrow sandy track through the dunes, lean it on a tree, go kiting, reverse.
I'm still car-less, so I'm about to throw the tools in it and ride to work. :thumb:

constantino7491
Frequent Poster

Postby constantino7491 » Thu Apr 12, 2007 12:56 am

a while ago i tried biking to my beach and i live literally a block and a half away from the beach and i had to go back to my house to leave the bike because i was falling over so much lmao, in other words not a very good idea to bike 30+ miles, if anything rent a motor scooter or something, very inexpensive, safer, less exhausting, funner, and you dont need to buy the carrying thing for the bike :) the perfect solution

max_powers
Rare Poster
Kiting since: 1
Local Beach: seal beach
Gear: 2010 switchblade

Re: Transporting Kiteboard on Bicycle

Postby max_powers » Wed Jun 27, 2018 5:01 am

IMG_2304.JPG
My recent build, posting as a reference to others! rear rack has added wooden struts to support the kite basket, all lashed with tie wraps. Board rack and entire bike and kit are re-purposed items.backpack optional.

trickcoach
Rare Poster
Kiting since: 2013
Style: Unhooked
Gear: Switchkites Legacy

Postby trickcoach » Wed Jun 27, 2018 9:17 am

max_powers wrote:
Wed Jun 27, 2018 5:01 am
IMG_2304.JPG
My recent build, posting as a reference to others! rear rack has added wooden struts to support the kite basket, all lashed with tie wraps. Board rack and entire bike and kit are re-purposed items.backpack optional.
How do you pedal ?!?

iriejohn
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: 50.7752° N, 0.9077° W
Style: None
Gear: This 'n that

Postby iriejohn » Wed Jun 27, 2018 1:26 pm

trickcoach wrote:
Wed Jun 27, 2018 9:17 am
max_powers wrote:
IMG_2304.JPG
How do you pedal ?!?
Looks like there's a big enough gap between the frame and the board to get a leg down to the RH pedal but if so you're f*cked if you over balance when going slowly and want to put your right foot down. Cross wind would be tricky too. But needs must.

jumptheshark
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Shhhhh
Favorite Beaches: Nude
Gear: The good stuff

Postby jumptheshark » Wed Jun 27, 2018 1:31 pm

max_powers wrote:
IMG_2304.JPG
Very sweet set up.

As someone who usually tries to figure out how to get things done with the least amount of tinkering, there are many small bike trailers that work well and simply detach for normal bike use.
5018875-SOU00.jpg

Return to “Kitesurfing”