Kiting since: 2014
Local Beach: Milwaukee
Favorite Beaches: Palawan
Style: Learning
Gear: Liquid force envy,
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: F-one Bandit bar alternatives?

Postby Palawandan » Thu Apr 20, 2017 2:54 pm

I fly my bandits with a liquid force bar, I just put a line pincher up at where the v is supposed to be on the bandit bar length, it locks one line and let's you flag 1 line completely. Issue resolved no more scary bandit flag issues

Zoltan
Rare Poster
Kiting since: 2
Gear: F one bandit/takoon

Postby Zoltan » Wed Aug 02, 2017 2:40 pm

shef wrote:
Wed Feb 17, 2016 8:24 pm
Bought a couple 2015 Bandits and don't want to use the F-One bar due to double flag and a swivel that probably doesn't work. A few of my findings:

-Core Sensor bar works really well: Adjustable to both sizes of the F-One bars (45 and 52cm) and has a great untwisting function. The Core has 24m lines, compared to F-One's 21.8m lines (they advertise them as 24m, but they include the bridals as part of the 24m)
-Core Sensor 1 and 2 bars have the Y at the same height even though they are different safety systems.
-The 2012 North Quad bar I didn't try but I did compare Y height and it does have the Y at the same distance as the Core which seemed to fly well with my Bandits, as the Y split was virtually the same (North was 10cm shorter)
-2015 North Quad has the Y roughly 2 meters higher than the Core and the 2012 North Quad bar, but it has single line flag out. Have yet to test out my 2015 North bar on the Bandit yet, but I should get a chance in next couple weeks. I will repost when I do.
-I also have a 2016 Cabrinha Trimlite bar I will try at the same time, which has 22m lines, but low Y (V).
Hi,
do you have any experience with the 2016 Cabrinha Trimlite bar under Bandit?I would really interested instead of monolith which bar works fine under bandit kites from 2016.thanks in advance,cheers Zoltan

jeromeL
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Longisland NY
Style: freestyle
Gear: Fone Bandit 2014 12m^2, 2015 9, 2015 7, 2015 14
Best GP 2015 9m
Star Sirius V2 12m
Nobile Fity/50 138cm
Naish Apex bindings.
Zeeko Green and White + Shinn El Stubbo

Postby jeromeL » Wed Aug 02, 2017 2:43 pm

I briefly tested the cabrinha recoil bar on bandit 10 and 14m a few weeks ago, I just removed the pigtails at the end of the cabrinha bar lines and seemed to work fine.
I was mostly underpowered but kite seemed to behave fine, I also tried to flag it and reset bar and didn't notice any issues.

Zoltan
Rare Poster

Postby Zoltan » Wed Aug 02, 2017 2:55 pm

jeromeL wrote:
Wed Aug 02, 2017 2:43 pm
I briefly tested the cabrinha recoil bar on bandit 10 and 14m a few weeks ago, I just removed the pigtails at the end of the cabrinha bar lines and seemed to work fine.
I was mostly underpowered but kite seemed to behave fine, I also tried to flag it and reset bar and didn't notice any issues.
Hi JeromeL,
thx.sounds good.I don't have experience with recoil bar,and I'm a beginner so I think to feel safe myself during kitesurfing is important :D .(One of my friends offer me Cabrinha 2016 overdrive trimlite)

jeromeL
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Longisland NY
Style: freestyle
Gear: Fone Bandit 2014 12m^2, 2015 9, 2015 7, 2015 14
Best GP 2015 9m
Star Sirius V2 12m
Nobile Fity/50 138cm
Naish Apex bindings.
Zeeko Green and White + Shinn El Stubbo

Postby jeromeL » Wed Aug 02, 2017 6:11 pm

Zoltan wrote:
jeromeL wrote:
Hi JeromeL,
thx.sounds good.I don't have experience with recoil bar,and I'm a beginner so I think to feel safe myself during kitesurfing is important :D .(One of my friends offer me Cabrinha 2016 overdrive trimlite)
I prefer trimlite too, I just got recoil cheap.

Zoltan
Rare Poster

Postby Zoltan » Wed Aug 02, 2017 7:12 pm

jeromeL wrote:
Wed Aug 02, 2017 6:11 pm
Zoltan wrote:
jeromeL wrote:
Hi JeromeL,
I prefer trimlite too, I just got recoil cheap.
Hi JeromeL,
thx a lot for your help! :thumb:

Ice101
Rare Poster
Kiting since: 0
Gear: Free ride want to branch into strapless riding and more freestyle

Postby Ice101 » Fri Sep 08, 2017 11:44 am

Will fone sell the new metal bit that converts the safety to one line to enable exsisting customers to convert the older monolith bars??

alexeyga
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2007
Favorite Beaches: Ocean shore!
Style: Freeride dongling
Gear: Any gear is good gear as long as it has nothing to do with EPIC!

Postby alexeyga » Fri Sep 08, 2017 1:22 pm

Ice101 wrote:
Fri Sep 08, 2017 11:44 am
Will fone sell the new metal bit that converts the safety to one line to enable exsisting customers to convert the older monolith bars??
Knowing F-One and having seen the video about new bar - I highly doubt it.

a)it is just a lot more lucrative for F-One to do absolutely nothing about old bars

b)to do a proper conversion - you'd have to replace everything except the bar itself and rear lines, which doesn't make any sense in terms of costs - just get another bar.

Ice101
Rare Poster
Kiting since: 0
Gear: Free ride want to branch into strapless riding and more freestyle

Postby Ice101 » Sat Sep 09, 2017 10:19 pm

The fone bar I have is brand new. Not bought long and lot of money But not used cause of the safety. It looks only a matter of changing the middle swivel to the new metal bit. The swivel neverworked any way. So not losing anything by changing it?

Return to “Kitesurfing”