Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Ocean Rodeo stick shift bar

Forum for kitesurfers
max
Very Frequent Poster

Re: Ocean Rodeo stick shift bar

Postby max » Fri Nov 11, 2016 10:28 pm

I have the older Razors that use the two front line safety.

Is the OR stick shift bar able to be set up to cater for the double front line safety or is it purely a single front line safety setup (which would cater for the majority of 4 line safety setups).

And on that note . . . can it be set up to cater for 5 line kites?

or have I missed something obvious that would have answered these two questions for me?

icurumba
Rare Poster
Has thanked: 0

Postby icurumba » Sat Nov 12, 2016 7:28 am

Stick shift will work with any generation bridled SLE Ocean Rodeo kite,...for that matter any brand SLE kite,..due to the single front line flag out safety.
Re 5 th line, back line trim will be ideal for this setup as you can have a set length in the 5th line,..as the front lines no longer change length from trimming....

max
Very Frequent Poster

Postby max » Sat Nov 12, 2016 9:42 am

icurumba wrote:Stick shift will work with any generation bridled SLE Ocean Rodeo kite,...due to the single front line flag out safety.

Are you sure?

The Razors up to 2014 were sold with a two front line safety setup on the bar. The kites have two extra pulleys on the front lines to facilitate this safety system.

icurumba
Rare Poster

Postby icurumba » Sat Nov 12, 2016 4:47 pm

Yes,..I'm sure.
Front line safety flag out works great with OR roll over bridles....like your 2014 Razor.
The current Prodigy and Flight actually still use this hybrid safety depower bridle system.

max
Very Frequent Poster

Postby max » Sat Nov 12, 2016 10:38 pm

That's really great to know :cheers:

Tony
Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2000
Weight: 80 kg
Local Beach: Hatteras Island, NC
Style: Foil
Gear: Delta HA Foils 1280,1050,850,700
Airush Nitros and Duotone Slicks
Appletree Jazz
Bunch of other gear I need to sell

Postby Tony » Sun Nov 20, 2016 12:31 am

What length lines on this bar? Are there options? Can't find this information anywhere.

ORSales
Very Frequent Poster

Postby ORSales » Mon Nov 21, 2016 7:10 pm

All of our bars are 23m of lines + rigging (distance of bar to kite). For most kites this means 22m lines with 1m of rigging. In some older bars (Infinite Surf) this meant 21m lines with 2m of rigging.

I know a lot of you have been patiently waiting for the Stick Shift to ship. I am keenly aware that time is creeping on. We have decided to make a few last minute but important updates to the bar to ensure the best possible experience. This includes some small changes to ensure the trim line replacement is a simple, <10min exercise and some packaging updates to ensure users from all brands of kite can quickly and easily make sense of the bar and how to rig it with their kite. This has delayed our shipping but we will have the bar to early bird customers very soon with plenty more inventory available shortly after that... I expect all open orders for the bars to be fulfilled before Christmas.

John

walter592
Medium Poster

Postby walter592 » Wed Jan 04, 2017 1:17 am

Any updates? not a single review out there yet and its January...

ORSales
Very Frequent Poster

Postby ORSales » Wed Jan 04, 2017 1:27 am

walter592 wrote:Any updates? not a single review out there yet and its January...
We've been delayed in shipping these bars due to a number of small issues that cropped up with the 1st full production run. I'll get some reviews posted here shortly though as we do have a number of the bars being used by various testers who can weigh in but the real reviews - from people unassociated with the brand - will be another month or so when the product gets shipped. Sorry for the delay! We are chomping at the bit to get these bars on the market but we wanted to nail the small details that make this product so great to use.

JZ

Beachboy
Frequent Poster
Been thanked: 0

Postby Beachboy » Fri Jan 27, 2017 3:12 pm

The drumbeats have fallen strangely silent. Are there any user reviews of this product yet?

Return to “Kitesurfing”