forum for kitesurfers

edt
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2010
Local Beach: ford lake Michigan
Gear: slingshot liquid force wainman pansh naish north cwb burton

Re: Serious crash

Postby edt » Thu Feb 16, 2017 5:18 pm

"you go and try to talk to a local surfer in Hawaii and you will more than likely get your ass beat from interrupting their session"

well now we all know where you got your attitude from. What the f--- is wrong in Hawaii? You would think they would be chill sounds like gang war. I am reminded of that rat study where that guy studied overcrowding. At first the rats were peaceful lived in harmony but as the population rose they became more vicious until at the end it was cannibalism and war.

LetsFlyaKite
Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2015
Style: Aggressive
Gear: Nothing Yet
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby LetsFlyaKite » Thu Feb 16, 2017 6:06 pm

Tone wrote:I will set my quick release to go off unexpectedly the next time I kite, and I will get back to you with the results. It has happened to me in the past where I did hold on. But thank you for your thoughts

Don't set your shit to go off....

You will hurt yourself.

At some point, it will happen and as you're flying through the air to watery doom you will be thinking "fuck, those dicks were right"[/quote]

I appreciate the concern man, but I have decided that I will either A. Hold on for dear life. And if that doesn't work out then B. Bail early and then go tell everyone how right they are.

jeromeL wrote:By the way I often respect and approve of your comments and suggestions, you are just easy to set off when someone disagree with you. It's all good.

Yeah I think I might have an anger management problem. But thanks for the respect.

edt wrote:well now we all know where you got your attitude from. What the f--- is wrong in Hawaii? You would think they would be chill sounds like gang war. I am reminded of that rat study where that guy studied overcrowding. At first the rats were peaceful lived in harmony but as the population rose they became more vicious until at the end it was cannibalism and war.

You know most of the surfers I have met have been complete assholes, especially a lot of the shortboarders. Which I can see where they are coming from. In california just about everyone surfs, and the majority of them are begginer longboarders who don't know proper surf edicate. And if a bunch of tourists where in my local area stealing my waves or hanging out in the middle of a riding area I'd probably be pissed too. There was one guy in North Shore who snaked a local, and he got his ass beat out in the water. And when he got back on the beach, they beat his ass again.

Yeah kiters are way more friendly lol

edt
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2010
Local Beach: ford lake Michigan
Gear: slingshot liquid force wainman pansh naish north cwb burton

Postby edt » Thu Feb 16, 2017 6:21 pm

well all the surfers here in michigan are super friendly you can snake their waves all day no big deal, we will still buy you a beer. Kind of cold tho.

photo above is surfer Dan from the UP

it's not a surfer thing it's about the overcrowding I think. Guys paddle out and catch maybe 1 or 2 waves all day because they are spending all day in line instead of you know actually surfing. that makes them angry as f--- and willing to beat up anyone who crosses them. by contrast kiters have the entire ocean to play in. if you need space just go find it. if you do surf some place where it's not crowded that will mellow you out too.

Bille
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2003
Local Beach: Lake Mohave
Gear: Ozone Edge
Brand Affiliation: Barz Optics
Jaybar Dynabar V7

Postby Bille » Fri Feb 17, 2017 12:43 am

LetsFlyaKite wrote:...
Now I am willing to offer a peace offering for everyone in here, and forget anything that was ever said or done with a nice fresh clean start. We need to start putting our differences aside and start seeing what we can do to make kiting better. It's like Abraham Lincoln once said, "A house divided against itself cannot stand."

Have a good day

:thumb:

Bille

Return to “Kitesurfing”