Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Cayo Guillermo in Cuba

Forum for travel reports and travel questions


Darien Ramirez
Rare Poster
Posts: 3
Joined: Thu Mar 30, 2017 5:19 am
Kiting since: 2007
Local Beach: Varadero,Cuba
Favorite Beaches: Varadero,Cuba
Style: everything about kites
Gear: any kites
Brand Affiliation: None

Cayo Guillermo in Cuba

Postby Darien Ramirez » Fri Mar 31, 2017 5:57 am

yes is a very good spot for kitesurfing, but there are a italian school, they charge 25 dollars for use the beach every day so that price is ilegal they are stolen mony from the tourist because the beaches in cuba are free.

Windigo1
Rare Poster
Posts: 29
Joined: Tue Jan 17, 2017 5:57 pm
Kiting since: 2007
Local Beach: Aylmer
Style: Old School!
Gear: Too many to list
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Cayo Guillermo in Cuba

Postby Windigo1 » Fri Mar 31, 2017 3:03 pm

It is not the school that charges for kiting it's the government. The people who collect the money work for Marlin the company that manages all water sports activity in Cuba. The price is 25 CUC per stay.

clint2070
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 543
Joined: Fri Jun 22, 2012 5:40 am
Kiting since: 2010
Local Beach: Strand,Tourmaline,Stinkz,Belmont,Seal.
Favorite Beaches: C St, Naish beach, tourmaline,Strand, cabarete, San Quintin, La Ventana,Rauls,Nungas,Mancora,
Style: surf, freeride
Gear: Naish, Firewire, ride engine,Ford,liquid force, Zeeko.Tomo,
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Cayo Guillermo in Cuba

Postby clint2070 » Tue Aug 08, 2017 6:58 am

Windigo1 wrote:
Fri Mar 31, 2017 3:03 pm
It is not the school that charges for kiting it's the government. The people who collect the money work for Marlin the company that manages all water sports activity in Cuba. The price is 25 CUC per stay.
Per entire stay of the trip or per day ?

Pascale
Medium Poster
Posts: 60
Joined: Mon Aug 06, 2007 12:30 pm
Kiting since: 0
Brand Affiliation: None
Location: Quebec City, Canada

Re: Cayo Guillermo in Cuba

Postby Pascale » Wed Aug 16, 2017 2:13 am

Per stay, not per day

clint2070
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 543
Joined: Fri Jun 22, 2012 5:40 am
Kiting since: 2010
Local Beach: Strand,Tourmaline,Stinkz,Belmont,Seal.
Favorite Beaches: C St, Naish beach, tourmaline,Strand, cabarete, San Quintin, La Ventana,Rauls,Nungas,Mancora,
Style: surf, freeride
Gear: Naish, Firewire, ride engine,Ford,liquid force, Zeeko.Tomo,
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Cayo Guillermo in Cuba

Postby clint2070 » Sun Aug 20, 2017 1:48 am

Pascale wrote:
Wed Aug 16, 2017 2:13 am
Per stay, not per day
are there places to stay there ? I'm going sep 17

Pascale
Medium Poster
Posts: 60
Joined: Mon Aug 06, 2007 12:30 pm
Kiting since: 0
Brand Affiliation: None
Location: Quebec City, Canada

Re: Cayo Guillermo in Cuba

Postby Pascale » Sun Aug 20, 2017 2:28 pm

Of course! Best place is Sercotel. Or Iberostar just next door. Don't expect good food (trust me on this) and nice rooms. But the kite spot is great.

clint2070
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 543
Joined: Fri Jun 22, 2012 5:40 am
Kiting since: 2010
Local Beach: Strand,Tourmaline,Stinkz,Belmont,Seal.
Favorite Beaches: C St, Naish beach, tourmaline,Strand, cabarete, San Quintin, La Ventana,Rauls,Nungas,Mancora,
Style: surf, freeride
Gear: Naish, Firewire, ride engine,Ford,liquid force, Zeeko.Tomo,
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Cayo Guillermo in Cuba

Postby clint2070 » Wed Aug 23, 2017 5:53 am

Pascale wrote:
Sun Aug 20, 2017 2:28 pm
Of course! Best place is Sercotel. Or Iberostar just next door. Don't expect good food (trust me on this) and nice rooms. But the kite spot is great.
thanks. Those places are way out of my budget. Any other advice ? Like cheaper accommodations or somewhere else to kite

kitesurfcubatravel
Rare Poster
Posts: 16
Joined: Sat Aug 26, 2017 9:20 pm
Kiting since: 2000
Local Beach: Cayo Coco -Cayo Guillermo-Jardines del Rey-Santa Lucia ,Camaguey.
Favorite Beaches: Playa Pilar,Cayo Coco,Santa Maria del Mar.
Style: free
Gear: F-ONE -- CORE 7 m to 16 m
Brand Affiliation: sponsor by and ambassador of F-ONE and CORE

Re: Cayo Guillermo in Cuba

Postby kitesurfcubatravel » Mon Aug 28, 2017 5:14 am

Hi guys, if you want to try a beautiful spot and good food,nice rooms and the best customer service in Cuba just come to Cayo Coco,our school is at the Pullman Hotel,the best hotel in Cuba,French food,also a cheaper one is Sol Cayo Coco,600 mts from the school ,super nice hotel,party place and good food.

We will help you with the prices for accommodations, we are a travel agency and we have better price always.

Also we have many kite camps during the season that will help with the prices if you decide to come together with any group.

We can offer excursions like downwind for 45 kms and jeep safari and kite,just to discover the best spot around the island.

Any way if you decide to go to any other province like Havana we will help you to rent a private house by the beach that will be always cheaper than hotels.

Give us a call or email to:
kitesurfcubatravel.com
info@kitesurfcubatravel.com
1 877 406 0705.
Attachments
IMG_4975.JPG

clint2070
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 543
Joined: Fri Jun 22, 2012 5:40 am
Kiting since: 2010
Local Beach: Strand,Tourmaline,Stinkz,Belmont,Seal.
Favorite Beaches: C St, Naish beach, tourmaline,Strand, cabarete, San Quintin, La Ventana,Rauls,Nungas,Mancora,
Style: surf, freeride
Gear: Naish, Firewire, ride engine,Ford,liquid force, Zeeko.Tomo,
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Cayo Guillermo in Cuba

Postby clint2070 » Fri Sep 01, 2017 9:11 am

kitesurfcubatravel wrote:
Mon Aug 28, 2017 5:14 am
Hi guys, if you want to try a beautiful spot and good food,nice rooms and the best customer service in Cuba just come to Cayo Coco,our school is at the Pullman Hotel,the best hotel in Cuba,French food,also a cheaper one is Sol Cayo Coco,600 mts from the school ,super nice hotel,party place and good food.

We will help you with the prices for accommodations, we are a travel agency and we have better price always.

Also we have many kite camps during the season that will help with the prices if you decide to come together with any group.

We can offer excursions like downwind for 45 kms and jeep safari and kite,just to discover the best spot around the island.

Any way if you decide to go to any other province like Havana we will help you to rent a private house by the beach that will be always cheaper than hotels.

Give us a call or email to:
kitesurfcubatravel.com
info@kitesurfcubatravel.com
1 877 406 0705.
how much are the rooms on cayo coco ?

kitesurfcubatravel
Rare Poster
Posts: 16
Joined: Sat Aug 26, 2017 9:20 pm
Kiting since: 2000
Local Beach: Cayo Coco -Cayo Guillermo-Jardines del Rey-Santa Lucia ,Camaguey.
Favorite Beaches: Playa Pilar,Cayo Coco,Santa Maria del Mar.
Style: free
Gear: F-ONE -- CORE 7 m to 16 m
Brand Affiliation: sponsor by and ambassador of F-ONE and CORE

Re: Cayo Guillermo in Cuba

Postby kitesurfcubatravel » Fri Sep 01, 2017 6:33 pm

Sol Cayo Coco
Cayo Coco, Ciego de Avila, Cuba
Transat
Transat Montreal à Cayo Coco
29 Novembre, 2017 / 7 jour(s)

Tout inclus
Occupation double


Type de passager Prix Taxes Total Quantité Total
Adulte(s) 609.00$ 360.00$ 969.00$ x2 1938.00$ CAD
1938.00$ CAD*


Return to “Travel”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

cron