Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Naish Pivot 14m vs Cabrinha Contra 13m

forum for kitesurfers


Bartolo
Rare Poster
Posts: 47
Joined: Mon Oct 03, 2016 2:34 pm
Kiting since: 2008
Local Beach: WIjk aan Zee Netherlands
Style: old school jumping / wave
Gear: Naish Pivot 10/8/6
Cabrinha Drifter 5.5
Cabrinha Contra 13m
Slinshot screamer
Cabrinha Tronic
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Naish Pivot 14m vs Cabrinha Contra 13m

Postby Bartolo » Sat Apr 29, 2017 7:05 pm

Anyone else riding Pivot 14m? Still looking for some more feedback...

rogue_kiteboarder
Medium Poster
Posts: 130
Joined: Sat Oct 22, 2016 2:42 am
Kiting since: 2000
Gear: Crazy Fly Raptor LTD, Pivot, Lithium, Neo, Reo, Enduro, C1
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Naish Pivot 14m vs Cabrinha Contra 13m

Postby rogue_kiteboarder » Mon May 01, 2017 3:33 am

Bartolo wrote:
Sat Apr 29, 2017 7:05 pm
Anyone else riding Pivot 14m? Still looking for some more feedback...


I ride a Pivot 14 regularly. It is a good kite. Quick, stable and has lots of power. It jumps well and lets you down easy. The 2017 is better than the 2016 in my opinion. I think the Quad-tex helps the kite maintain it's shape when really loaded up and there is almost no "flutter" or "flapping" in this kite. I like it a lot. Short of flying the Ozone Zephyr for light winds(my absolute favorite light wind kite), the Pivot 14 is my kite choice when it is not light enough for the Zephyr.

badgb21
Frequent Poster
Posts: 358
Joined: Mon Jun 16, 2003 8:55 am
Kiting since: 2004
Gear: C/Fly, Shinn, Ozone, Cabrinha
Brand Affiliation: None
Location: Hants UK

Re: Naish Pivot 14m vs Cabrinha Contra 13m

Postby badgb21 » Mon May 01, 2017 1:25 pm

+1 for the 15m Contra, best size in the range IMHO.

I posted this on a similar thread a while back:

Good to hear the 13m Contra has been improved (for 2017) as my 2016 sucked!
I had/have 13/15/17m Contras
17m was park and ride, no complaints, good kite.
15m - I still have as this is my preferred kite in the range, great all round.

The 13m sucked big time. I have not struggled to go upwind for about 10+ yrs but his kite wasn't having it!
It didn't feel good or responsive, just lifeless. I persevered, changed bar/lines etc. and others tried it too, not good.
So if you do go for a 13m Contra, go for a 2017 as recommended, it sounds as though it has been sorted.

Good luck with whatever you choose.

Bartolo
Rare Poster
Posts: 47
Joined: Mon Oct 03, 2016 2:34 pm
Kiting since: 2008
Local Beach: WIjk aan Zee Netherlands
Style: old school jumping / wave
Gear: Naish Pivot 10/8/6
Cabrinha Drifter 5.5
Cabrinha Contra 13m
Slinshot screamer
Cabrinha Tronic
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Naish Pivot 14m vs Cabrinha Contra 13m

Postby Bartolo » Mon May 01, 2017 6:08 pm

rogue_kiteboarder wrote:
Mon May 01, 2017 3:33 am
Bartolo wrote:
Sat Apr 29, 2017 7:05 pm
Anyone else riding Pivot 14m? Still looking for some more feedback...


I ride a Pivot 14 regularly. It is a good kite. Quick, stable and has lots of power. It jumps well and lets you down easy. The 2017 is better than the 2016 in my opinion. I think the Quad-tex helps the kite maintain it's shape when really loaded up and there is almost no "flutter" or "flapping" in this kite. I like it a lot. Short of flying the Ozone Zephyr for light winds(my absolute favorite light wind kite), the Pivot 14 is my kite choice when it is not light enough for the Zephyr.
What windrange can you use the 14m for? What do you weight and what kind of board?

rogue_kiteboarder
Medium Poster
Posts: 130
Joined: Sat Oct 22, 2016 2:42 am
Kiting since: 2000
Gear: Crazy Fly Raptor LTD, Pivot, Lithium, Neo, Reo, Enduro, C1
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Naish Pivot 14m vs Cabrinha Contra 13m

Postby rogue_kiteboarder » Mon May 01, 2017 10:52 pm

Bartolo wrote:
Mon May 01, 2017 6:08 pm
rogue_kiteboarder wrote:
Mon May 01, 2017 3:33 am
Bartolo wrote:
Sat Apr 29, 2017 7:05 pm
Anyone else riding Pivot 14m? Still looking for some more feedback...


I ride a Pivot 14 regularly. It is a good kite. Quick, stable and has lots of power. It jumps well and lets you down easy. The 2017 is better than the 2016 in my opinion. I think the Quad-tex helps the kite maintain it's shape when really loaded up and there is almost no "flutter" or "flapping" in this kite. I like it a lot. Short of flying the Ozone Zephyr for light winds(my absolute favorite light wind kite), the Pivot 14 is my kite choice when it is not light enough for the Zephyr.
What windrange can you use the 14m for? What do you weight and what kind of board?
14-17mph, I weigh 210lbs and ride a 140x42 Crazyfly Raptor LTD.

User avatar
Gonzolinho
Medium Poster
Posts: 97
Joined: Mon Jun 16, 2014 6:11 pm
Kiting since: 2050
Gear: too much

Re: Naish Pivot 14m vs Cabrinha Contra 13m

Postby Gonzolinho » Tue May 02, 2017 12:37 am

I own both Kites, 14 Pivot 2017 and 17 Zephyr V5. Had the V4 before.
For me the Zephyr has the same highend as the 14m Pivot but much better lowend. This kite is amazing. Low end is quite ok for its size. Not the most grunt, like a Fly or a Turbine, but ok if you know how to move a kite at its lower end. But the high end is just fantastic. Not as the other two mentioned that start dragging you downwind as soon as the wind is picking up.
From the Zephyr I can easily switch to the 10m Pivot. It is my perfect travel kite as a one kite quiver.
Had the Cabrinha Contra 15m 2017, too but sold it after a few tries. Nice kite but no comparison to a Zephyr. Maybe even more or less the same low end grunt when just sheeting in but the Zephyr is building up speed a lot quicker and then goes on forever. Zephyr is also quicker in turns than the 15m Contra. Contra is sitting deeper in the window.
Only take my 14m Pivot when it´s a perfect stable 14m day for me. If it is gusty I take the Zephyr.
I weigh 240 lbs/110kg

hudstur
Medium Poster
Posts: 157
Joined: Thu Dec 31, 2009 2:26 am
Kiting since: 2004
Local Beach: Delray Beach, Florida
Boca Raton, FL
Boynton Beach, FL
Lighthouse Point, FL
Favorite Beaches: Delray Beach, FL
Hood River, OR
Floras Lake, OR
Cape Hatteras, NC
Napeague, NY
Bahamas
Kauai, Hawaii
Canada, PEI & Georgian Bay
Traverse City, MI
La Ventana, Mexico
Cabarete, DR
Florida Keys
Style: Directional Waves, Freeride, Foilboard
Gear: Ocean Rodeo Flite 10-12-14m, OR Duke and OR Mako 150, OR Session 3 harness, OR Control Bars.
Brand Affiliation: Ocean Rodeo
Location: Delray Beach, FL

Re: Naish Pivot 14m vs Cabrinha Contra 13m

Postby hudstur » Thu Jun 08, 2017 5:26 pm

Peek at the Ocean Rodeo Flite 14.5 and try it if you can. May suit your needs.

KitingPolak
Medium Poster
Posts: 65
Joined: Sat Jul 30, 2011 7:26 pm
Kiting since: 2010
Local Beach: Metro Beach
Style: Free
Gear: Liquid Force Solo v2 6.5m
Slingshot Key HD 10m
RRD Obsession 13.5m
Boardriding Maui Cloud 17m
Pansh Aurora 18m
Slingshot Ignition 140cm
Ocean Rodeo Mako 140cm
Liquid Force Fish w/Foil Fish
Dakine Pyro Harness
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Naish Pivot 14m vs Cabrinha Contra 13m

Postby KitingPolak » Sat Sep 02, 2017 7:02 pm

Does anyone know how much the Naish Pivot 14m weighs (with bridles of course)? Am looking at getting one sight unseen but am concerned that with the "heavy duty" fabric used it might be heavier than I expect.


Return to “Kitesurfing”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: BigZ, Bing [Bot], jjm and 32 guests