Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Gong strutless (9m) bar pressure?

A forum dedicated to Hydrofoil riders
faklord
Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Gong strutless (9m) bar pressure?

Postby faklord » Fri Apr 28, 2017 1:23 pm

Anybody know what the bar pressure is like on the gong strutless kites (preferably 9m experience)?

If a comparison can be made with F-One Bandits (which give an ideal bar pressure for me i.e. pretty light) all the better.

Peter_Frank
Very Frequent Poster

Re: Gong strutless (9m) bar pressure?

Postby Peter_Frank » Fri Apr 28, 2017 2:12 pm

Sorry, I have no idea - but regarding bar pressure, I have always wondered why so many ask about that for hydrofoiling ?

As even the "heavy dogs" with loads of bar pressure when riding a TT or Waveboard, are featherlight (compared) when used for hydrofoiling (at least like I ride), as the kites are often two sizes smaller here, in the same wind, or said differently, a kite size is used in maybe only half the wind when foiling, as when TT jumping.

Meaning, if I use an 8 m2 on a TT it might be over 22 knots, but with a hydrofoil the 8 is used from 12 knots, so no bar pressure in this low wind, compared - and sometimes it could be good with MORE pressure hydrofoiling, so you have a better feedback and feel :naughty:

You probably ride much more powered than I do, and then I understand your problem with too much bar pressure, on some kites :D

8) PF

faklord
Frequent Poster

Re: Gong strutless (9m) bar pressure?

Postby faklord » Fri Apr 28, 2017 3:53 pm

Fair point Peter.
I'm thinking of purchasing one of these for foil & waveboard use. Just posted this in foil section as I thought there was a better chance of a response.

Recently purchased a Storm Voyager 12m (we spoke of this previously) and love it, particularly the way it just hangs up there in the lulls, when I'm floundering around in the drink. Makes me want a 9m with of the same behaviours (& Gongs are a good price!)

Wielandt
Rare Poster
Local Beach: Denmark
Favorite Beaches: Holten
Farø
Style: HF,
Gear: Naish Draft, Cabrinha Apollo, Airush Ultra, Storm Voyager, Gong strutless
LFSolo
Moses HF.
Has thanked: 0

Re: Gong strutless (9m) bar pressure

Postby Wielandt » Fri Apr 28, 2017 5:15 pm

Hi guys

As faklord I also ride Storm Voyager 12 (and 15) and Gong strutless 9. I like them all for foiling. The Gong 9 is very light on the bar, soo you will not regret getting one.

faklord
Frequent Poster

Re: Gong strutless (9m) bar pressure

Postby faklord » Fri Apr 28, 2017 6:11 pm

Wielandt wrote:
Fri Apr 28, 2017 5:15 pm
Hi guys

As faklord I also ride Storm Voyager 12 (and 15) and Gong strutless 9. I like them all for foiling. The Gong 9 is very light on the bar, soo you will not regret getting one.
Thanks for that. Exactly what I was after.

Return to “Hydrofoil”