Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Airush Union III: Throw Loops, Throw Spray, & Throw It Down

Postby magnusod » Wed Sep 06, 2017 11:28 am

alexeyga wrote:
Tue Sep 05, 2017 10:34 pm
MikeBirt wrote:
Tue Sep 05, 2017 1:45 pm
Couple of words that may help :-)

The bar is neater - yup - you need a tool now, but you know, I didn't adjust the bar at all last year - best to disassemble and clean to stop it clogging every few months - but most people don't touch the bar length. 14m+ may need the bigger bar, but it flies fine without the extenders and now a lot of us are foiling 12 is as far as we go...
I wouldn't try to pull these arguments when even F-One has came with with an adjustable (tool less) bar and none other bar on the market (North, Core, LF, Naish, Cabrinha) requires anything more complex than some good-old hands dexterity to change where lines are attached.

I used to adjust my bar a lot, but since some of my kites also require switching the pigtail, I ended up picking up another bar which lives mostly set on to the narrow setting except when I'm surfing and want to have a little more reactivity from these kites.

And honestly - I'd hate to haut all the gear to a spot, get pumping and then realize that I have to go back to my car (wherever it may be on this particular spot), because I need a stupid tool to set my bar where I want it to be.

Most things in this life don't have to be more complicated than they need to be. I'd love to have a chat with the 2018 Airush bar designer about what he/she was thinking, or better yet - with the man above who gave a go to this brilliant idea.
Totally agree. Shocking that they went from a decent bar, although a bit fiddly with the loose tube grip extensions, to a bar that requires a tool when there are so many designs out there already by competitors. Many which you can change with the kite in the air. I change my bar constantly as I have my break point between my 7 and my 9 where iI want the longer bar already on my Wave 9 to get a faster kite in the waves.

alexeyga
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2007
Favorite Beaches: Ocean shore!
Style: Freeride dongling
Gear: Any gear is good gear as long as it has nothing to do with EPIC!

Re: Airush Union III: Throw Loops, Throw Spray, & Throw It Down

Postby alexeyga » Thu Sep 07, 2017 8:13 pm

Who ever this dude is, he does a better job at presenting the kite than the whole Airush's marketing team of cactus-smokers... :jump: :jump: :jump:

phpBB [video]

Return to “Kitesurfing”