Be aware Mystic KRS

forum for kitesurfers

geir
Medium Poster
Kiting since: 0
Brand Affiliation: None

Be aware Mystic KRS

Postby geir » Sat Sep 09, 2017 1:55 am

Ok - first hand (or so to speak) experience. I've been kitesurfing for 13 years. I'm missing right arm below elbow since birth and use a loop on the right side of the bar for support on my elbow for normal kitesurfing control.
Ever since day one I've been scared of that loop snagging on to the harness hook (ergo death loop). 11 years later (2 years ago) comes to the rescue Mystic KRS spreader bar. Bought it without hesitation being happy with Mystic products.
Long story cut short. It's supposed to release the chicken loop with a red handle, luckily on the left side. Problem solved! errrr... four times in the same session without touching the thing in 20 knots give or take. Can someone spell DISASTER! i.e. premature release in perfectly normal riding conditions 4 times.

Mystic please take this product of the market. Safety is not suppose to create danger - full stop.

To be fair, I've tried contacting Mystic. They didn't answer.

P.s. not that it matters, I've found a solution. I've got 2 harnesses. One for hooked in stuff (fixed no hook harness - don't dare to say the product name, the other just a normal harness taking my chances with unhooking - and Yes I Can! )

Geir

matth
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2011
Local Beach: Revere, Nahant, Chapin, West Dennis, Hardings , Kalmus, First Encounter, Dog
Favorite Beaches: West Dennis, Kalmus, Chapin, Revere, Nahant, Dog
Style: Freeride
Gear: 8m,10m, 12, Switchblades, 14m Velocity . Cabrinha Ace, Shinn Monk, Litewave DV8
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Be aware Mystic KRS

Postby matth » Sat Sep 09, 2017 2:50 am

You should consider a NP Halo, closed hook spreader bar. I use one and really like it, eliminates that chance of accidental unhooking and lines getting snagged on hooks.

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=np ... ORM=VRDGAR

Kau pi kite tarifa
Rare Poster
Kiting since: 2011
Local Beach: Tarifa, Sal and Holland
Favorite Beaches: Tarifa!
Style: Wave and hooked jumps
Gear: Zian kites
Brand Affiliation: Kiteschool owner using zian kites.

Re: Be aware Mystic KRS

Postby Kau pi kite tarifa » Sat Sep 09, 2017 4:08 pm

That halo must make an interesting internal competition with the fireball system
:argue: :remybussi: :rollgrin:

Return to “Kitesurfing”