Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Thoughts on the Jamie board

forum for kitesurfers


User avatar
lindseym
Frequent Poster
Posts: 244
Joined: Sat Sep 14, 2013 5:17 am
Kiting since: 2009
Local Beach: tampa bay
Favorite Beaches: whale harbor (the keys)
Style: airstyle freestyle
Gear: Best Roca, Best Armada, Best TS
Brand Affiliation: Best

Thoughts on the Jamie board

Postby lindseym » Thu Oct 12, 2017 10:29 pm

Thinking about purchasing a North Jamie small board (130 x 39) for boosting and old school tricks. What do you all think about this board?
Thx
Lm

Kau pi kite tarifa
Rare Poster
Posts: 19
Joined: Mon May 08, 2017 9:38 pm
Kiting since: 2011
Local Beach: Tarifa, Sal and Holland
Favorite Beaches: Tarifa!
Style: Wave and hooked jumps
Gear: Zian kites
Brand Affiliation: Kiteschool owner using zian kites.

Re: Thoughts on the Jamie board

Postby Kau pi kite tarifa » Fri Oct 13, 2017 12:51 am

I'm currently using a 2014 Jaime 133/41.
Absolutely awesome board.

Also the 2015I have used a bit. And it's just as good.

Tested a 2017 model this summer. And even though it feels really different from the older models, it's still a great board.

The 2017 felt much looser on the water then the older ones.

User avatar
lindseym
Frequent Poster
Posts: 244
Joined: Sat Sep 14, 2013 5:17 am
Kiting since: 2009
Local Beach: tampa bay
Favorite Beaches: whale harbor (the keys)
Style: airstyle freestyle
Gear: Best Roca, Best Armada, Best TS
Brand Affiliation: Best

Re: Thoughts on the Jamie board

Postby lindseym » Fri Oct 13, 2017 12:54 am

Kau pi kite tarifa wrote:
Fri Oct 13, 2017 12:51 am
I'm currently using a 2014 Jaime 133/41.
Absolutely awesome board.

Also the 2015I have used a bit. And it's just as good.

Tested a 2017 model this summer. And even though it feels really different from the older models, it's still a great board.

The 2017 felt much looser on the water then the older ones.
Ok - thx for the feedback. Yes, what appealed to me about this board is its "grip" so my hope is that the 18 model has a solid bite on the water. I'm either thinking about getting the Jamie or a Radical 5.

dwarf
Frequent Poster
Posts: 488
Joined: Sat Jan 14, 2006 2:10 pm

Re: Thoughts on the Jamie board

Postby dwarf » Fri Oct 13, 2017 2:12 pm

16, 17 or 18 are all same in shape & construction I think. Bit heavy but still one of the better boards around imo.

BrollocksRSA
Rare Poster
Posts: 10
Joined: Mon Jul 18, 2016 9:08 pm
Kiting since: 2015
Local Beach: Bloubergstrand
Favorite Beaches: Langebaan Main Beach
Bloubergstrand
Witsand
Style: Freeride
Gear: 2016 Cabrinha Switchblade 8m
2016 Cabrinha Switchblade 11m
2017 North Jaime Textreme 133
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Thoughts on the Jamie board

Postby BrollocksRSA » Thu Oct 19, 2017 9:00 pm

I'm riding the 133x40 Textreme. Amazing board for freeride/freestyle. At 88kg I have no trouble riding this board even in lighter wind. It grips and pops really well. Perfect for boosting

dragnfly
Medium Poster
Posts: 196
Joined: Tue May 25, 2010 8:47 am
Kiting since: 0
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Thoughts on the Jamie board

Postby dragnfly » Fri Oct 20, 2017 9:53 am

BrollocksRSA wrote:
Thu Oct 19, 2017 9:00 pm
I'm riding the 133x40 Textreme. Amazing board for freeride/freestyle. At 88kg I have no trouble riding this board even in lighter wind. It grips and pops really well. Perfect for boosting
I thought of getting this very board, but on the north website it recoomends the size up for me - and I only weigh 75kg?? Is the 133 OK for you?
Thnx

BrollocksRSA
Rare Poster
Posts: 10
Joined: Mon Jul 18, 2016 9:08 pm
Kiting since: 2015
Local Beach: Bloubergstrand
Favorite Beaches: Langebaan Main Beach
Bloubergstrand
Witsand
Style: Freeride
Gear: 2016 Cabrinha Switchblade 8m
2016 Cabrinha Switchblade 11m
2017 North Jaime Textreme 133
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Thoughts on the Jamie board

Postby BrollocksRSA » Wed Nov 08, 2017 10:11 am

dragnfly wrote:
Fri Oct 20, 2017 9:53 am
BrollocksRSA wrote:
Thu Oct 19, 2017 9:00 pm
I'm riding the 133x40 Textreme. Amazing board for freeride/freestyle. At 88kg I have no trouble riding this board even in lighter wind. It grips and pops really well. Perfect for boosting
I thought of getting this very board, but on the north website it recoomends the size up for me - and I only weigh 75kg?? Is the 133 OK for you?
Thnx
I think you'll be fine on the 133. The shorter length just takes some getting use to when doing a carving turn. I think the 40 width helps a lot in getting the board to plane early.

What you get in return is an incredibly fun board to ride. It's fast, grips well, and has great pop. Just remember you can't ride boots with the Textreme version.

dragnfly
Medium Poster
Posts: 196
Joined: Tue May 25, 2010 8:47 am
Kiting since: 0
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Thoughts on the Jamie board

Postby dragnfly » Mon Nov 20, 2017 12:10 pm

you can't ride boots with the Textreme version.

why's that?

ldmelo
Rare Poster
Posts: 11
Joined: Tue Nov 07, 2017 1:58 pm
Kiting since: 2009
Local Beach: Fortaleza
Gear: F-One Bandit V 9m
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Thoughts on the Jamie board

Postby ldmelo » Mon Nov 20, 2017 3:03 pm

I am 68kg and I have a jaime 132x39.5 (2009). I use this board since 2010 and I can say I am very happy with it. The board lasted all this time and is still in good condition. I had to replace the handle and the foot straps sometime ago, but that was it.

Sometimes I get myself thinking that this board is old and I should sell it... but when I get into the water I can't find any reason to sell my old Jaime.

User avatar
rynhardt
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 655
Joined: Wed Sep 11, 2013 3:51 pm
Kiting since: 2010
Local Beach: Leeupan
Favorite Beaches: Langebaan
Style: Freeride
Gear: GK vSonic 6 & 11
Cloud C2 17
Progeni Mutare
Xelerator door
Hoff DD140
Brand Affiliation: None
Location: Johannesburg, South Africa

Re: Thoughts on the Jamie board

Postby rynhardt » Mon Nov 20, 2017 7:09 pm

dragnfly wrote:
Mon Nov 20, 2017 12:10 pm
you can't ride boots with the Textreme version.

why's that?
I'm just guessing here, but thin skin carbon laminates are more susceptible to buckling. Boots tend to apply much higher point loads than pads.
The Textreme version appears to focus on weight reduction. If they had to make the laminate more robust to deal with boots they would lose the weight advantage.


Return to “Kitesurfing”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], kas911, maffhieu and 24 guests

cron