Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Cabrinha H3 or Hyperlite boots?

forum for kitesurfers

flixern
Rare Poster
Kiting since: 2016
Local Beach: Norway
Gear: Cabrinha, Best, Ozone, Liquid Force and RL Variofoil (Kitesyndikat)
Brand Affiliation: None

Cabrinha H3 or Hyperlite boots?

Postby flixern » Fri Nov 24, 2017 1:12 pm

Hello!

I'm looking into buying some boots. So far, I've been looking into these three deals:

• Cabrinha H3 boots from 2016
  • Hyperlite System from 2017 (lowback bindings + process boots)
  • Hyperlite System from 2012 (normal bindings + webb boots)
Price is my biggest concern. That's why I've been looking at Cabrinha H3 which I can get for around $220. The Hyperlite package from 2017 comes at $490. It's a pretty big difference! A lot of people say that Hyperlite system is good for kiting, if I am to belive the reviews. They also might be of better preference as I do a lot of snowboarding. The second deal from Hyperlite is the 2012 set. It cost around $240, and I'm not sure if that is included VAT or not. Is there anyone here that can make a comparison on those two brands? Pro's and con's with each of them? And have Hyperlite made a lot of adjustments over the last five years? :)

Any help would be gladly appreciated. Oh, and my board is a Caprinha Tronic from 2013, if that matters.

Thanks in advance!

Largorn
Rare Poster
Kiting since: 2010
Gear: Slingshot Rally 2011 6m
Slingshot RPM 2015 7m
Slingshot RPM 2015 9m
Cabrinha FX 2017 9m
Slingshot RPM 2014 11m
Cabrinha FX 2018 12m
Slingshot Turbine 2015 17m
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Cabrinha H3 or Hyperlite boots?

Postby Largorn » Fri Nov 24, 2017 2:32 pm

A few years ago I chose between the Slingshot RAD and the Hyperlite System. Rode the systems 2 times and liked them, no problem in that short time. But I guess real problems would only occur over a long time anyway, as I'm not sure how the straps hold up to sand over the course of a season.

The main reason why I went for the RAD is that the system did not really offer a benefit to me in comparison, especially given the price difference. They make a lot of sense at the cable where you have to get in and out of the boots a lot, but I only open/close the boots once or twice a session while kiting. They probably make a lot more sense if you also go wakeboarding a lot with the same board or have a second pair of bindings on your wakeboard.
For the same price I would have gone for the Systems, but the premium was just not worth it for me.

Return to “Kitesurfing”