Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Pivot Unbaised Review. Good Kite For Surf?

forum for kitesurfers

Hugh2
Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2005
Local Beach: Central Illinois
Favorite Beaches: Cape Hatteras and Cape Town
Style: freeride
Gear: Best Cabo 6, Naish Pivot 7 and 9, Cabrinha Vector 12, Best Bularoo 16
Long Ocean 134 and 136, Cyclone 140, Fone Surf 5'11", Naish Global 6'0", Slingshot Hoverglide foil
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Pivot Unbaised Review. Good Kite For Surf?

Postby Hugh2 » Mon Apr 16, 2018 2:14 am

Great to read this thread. I bought my 2015 9m Pivot based on the original Pivot thread here. I did not know anyone with one or test ride it. I love that kite. At my level of skill, which is not the greatest, and I'm 62, it has made kiting so much easier in all departments. Riding strapless, or powered on straps, or trying to emulate Langarees jumps on TT. I just wish I could afford the 2017/2018 versions. I have not tried the larger sizes. I came from riding all Best gear, including a Cabo 6m but the Pivot is vastly better, in fact, I no longer ride the Cabo 6m, the Pivot 7m is so much better.

Flyboy
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2000

Postby Flyboy » Mon Nov 26, 2018 8:52 pm

Dedicated wave kites appear to have rounded "C kite" type wing tips, like the Cabo, The Eleveight WS, the Drifter, the Roam, the SST, or more squared off like the Tango, the Reo or the Air Rush Wave. The Pivot & the Slash both seem to have more swept wings, like the Neo. Do these more swept "delta" wings give them greater boosting capability & better low end, making them more suitable as "all-around" kites, but at some cost to the quickness of turning & depower on the wave?

alford
Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2010
Gear: all brands

Postby alford » Tue Nov 27, 2018 4:31 am

Okay, the Pivot sounds like an excellent kite. What do Pivot lovers do when 14m is not big enough? Using a hydrofoil for an answer is not allowed, lol.

haiku
Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 0
Local Beach: Latina beach Italy and...Naish beach Maui
Favorite Beaches: Latina, Porto Pollo - Italy , Kitebeach. Kihei - Maui
Style: old and new school
Gear: Flysurfer Sonic FR, Speed, Boost, Cronix, Naish Pivot, Flysurfer Radical 5, Door 5, Kazuma custom wave boards

Postby haiku » Tue Nov 27, 2018 5:49 am

I love the Pivot for It versatility, It is one of the best freeride kite both for boosting and wave riding. The two videos below can explain better my words.

phpBB [video]

phpBB [video]

Cheers

Carlo

Return to “Kitesurfing”