Rare Poster
Kiting since: 14
Local Beach: Trabucador
Gear: Rebel 14m + TRAX 2016
Brand Affiliation: None

Project feedback

Postby kumulo » Thu Dec 28, 2017 9:58 am

Hello guys,

My name is Adrià and i've been around kiteforum for half a year now (as a reader).
On the last two years I've started to work on complex tricks, getting info from the internet, building lists of videos on youtube...
I ended up building a tool (https://www.kitetrick.it/) to have all this info together so i can easily build a whishlist and a list of tricks i'm already landing.
Even it works fine for me i'll really apreciate if you can provide some external feedback, so i can grow it to make it useful to others :)

Merry xmas you'all

jeromeL
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2014
Local Beach: Longisland NY
Style: freestyle
Gear: Fone Bandit 2014 12m^2, 2015 9, 2015 7, 2015 14
Best GP 2015 9m
Star Sirius V2 12m
Nobile Fity/50 138cm
Naish Apex bindings.
Zeeko Green and White + Shinn El Stubbo

Re: Project feedback

Postby jeromeL » Thu Dec 28, 2017 7:06 pm

thanks for sharing.

I don't really use it much but there is an app on iphone called "Riders" which kind of provide same functionality with some social network on top of it.
I remember seeing something else with prerequisite to learning a trick which is missing. Like breaking down the trick into simpler tricks before attempting it.

kumulo
Rare Poster
Kiting since: 14
Local Beach: Trabucador
Gear: Rebel 14m + TRAX 2016

Re: Project feedback

Postby kumulo » Tue Jan 02, 2018 10:13 am

Hey sir, many thanks for the input,

you're right, even kitetrick.it has a social layer on top of it to allow users gain stars per trick so you can compete with your friends, there is still much work to do, specially finding friends or sharing stuff, which is not really easy to use atm. I'll add that to the top of my backlog :)

About breaking tricks on smaller progressions, i have something similar here (https://www.kitetrick.it/tricks/back-ro ... hand-plant), and even it's not a requisite, it's an easy to find about progressions you need to land it.

Atm i'm better building internet stuff than landing crazy tricks, its difficult provide valuable info for tricks i'm not able to land. I've something prepared for being the community the one managing tricks info, that wikipedia like site was the initial idea, but not sure people is wanting to manage that :/

Again, many thanks for your feedback, is sometimes hard to see what's wrong on the platform when you're building it :P

Cheers

Return to “Kitesurfing”