pj sofine
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2001
Style: silly
Gear: naish torch 12m,9m,epic renegade 6m,9m,screamer 12m. ug styx, skillet
Brand Affiliation: None

Ogunquit maine usa ?

Postby pj sofine » Fri Jun 01, 2018 1:27 pm

Did a search and not much shows up. Heading to Ogunquit maine sun-wed. Calling for e/ne wind.Thinking of taking some gear along. Any insight into beaches/restrictions? Can I kite off the beach in Ogunquit ? Is there a spot in the area that is popular with the local kiters? Thanx

Johhnn
Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2002
Local Beach: Pine Point
Favorite Beaches: P-town Harbor, Manzanillo del Mar
Style: Freeride
Gear: FS: S4 8 & 10 m DLX, S4 Lotus 10 & 12 m, Sonic 2 15 m, Ozone R1V2 11 m
Core: XR3 6 and 12 m, XR5 9 m
FS: FlyRadical M
AlpineFoil 5.0 Ti Ultimate Hydrofoil with RX-V5S board; Sport and Lift wings

Re: Ogunquit maine usa ?

Postby Johhnn » Fri Jun 01, 2018 1:39 pm

Hi. The local spot is north of here, Pine Point on Old Orchard Beach. Our winds are not consistent, but this spot tends to be better. Ogunquit is more of a surf spot and works on an E wind as opposed to the S or SW'erlies that we get here in summer. E winds are rare.

Please be respectful of people on the beach and the plovers (birds). We almost lost access a few years ago due to an issue with the birds. A dog got into a nest and the town was going to just ban everything--dogs, kites, you name it. Fortunately, we still have access. Around high tide there is not much room to set up and launch. We usually set up to the right of the parking lot, down close to the water. Walk a little way past the crowds. You'll usually see a few kiters out, maybe 5 or so on a good day, 10-15 on a holiday weekend.

matth
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2011
Local Beach: Revere, Nahant, Chapin, West Dennis, Hardings , Kalmus, First Encounter, Dog, yerril, Wing
Favorite Beaches: Wing, West Dennis, Kalmus, Chapin, Revere, Nahant, Dog, Horse Neck, Good Harbor, Yerrill
Style: Freeride
Gear: 7m Prodigy, 9.5m Prodigy, 12m Flite, 17m Flite. Crazyfly Raptor Pro Neon, King Gee,
Mako Duke.

Postby matth » Fri Jun 01, 2018 2:18 pm

You can also go about a half hour south to Hampton or Seabrook. There is a regular group that rides there and I'm sure they will be out this weekend. If you need more info let me know, I am on a Boston area chat group and several guys ride up there a lot.

pj sofine
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2001
Style: silly
Gear: naish torch 12m,9m,epic renegade 6m,9m,screamer 12m. ug styx, skillet

Postby pj sofine » Fri Jun 01, 2018 2:56 pm

Thanx

Return to “Kitesurfing”