Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Driving at night in Brazil

forum for kitesurfers

pitbulldoug
Medium Poster
Kiting since: 2004
Local Beach: Fortaleza,Cumbuco,Uruau,CE Brasil Ventura Co.California
Style: Wave and foil
Gear: Naish,Cloud,ASD surfboards Fortaleza CE Brasil,foil MHl,Alpine,cloud 9 surf foils
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Driving at night in Brazil

Postby pitbulldoug » Fri Jul 06, 2018 5:03 am

pablomontanero wrote:
Tue Jul 03, 2018 6:10 pm
I will fly to Brazil in 2 weeks and I will potentially land in Fortaleza at 8.30pm.
Is it safe to drive with a rental car to e.g. Cumbuco or Parajuru at this time of the day or do I need to book a flight which arrives
during the day or maybe stay at an airport hotel for the first night?
Many thanks for sharing your experience.
Pablo me personally if I were you for first time in fortaleza Id try to arrive in daylight more better,as if you have never been to fortaleza before driving at night can be pretty dangerous for a few reasons especially if you don't know your way around you could easily by gps mistake end up in a not so great part of town.I certianly would not attempt to drive to parajuru that late either as its a hr easy from airport.driving around fortaleza in the day can be a challenge.also there is no hotel close to the airport as you would need to get a reliable taxi or uber to biera mar 20-30min plenty of hotels ok for a night probably best bet arriving late.Ive been going to fortaleza for close to 25 yrs as my wifes family is from miereles to this day if at all possible i drive out of town missions always in daytime hours. and its not that tranquilo city it once was,its now one of the biggest or the biggest in NE brasil.If I rent a car usually go through localiza they have at airport office or one in beira mar.That said you will love ceara especially for kiting or foiling whatever food,culture,nightlife just a real beautiful state so many nice beaches and the wind well this time of year pretty constant

pablomontanero
Rare Poster
Kiting since: 2006
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Driving at night in Brazil

Postby pablomontanero » Sat Jul 07, 2018 8:40 am

In reaction to the experiences shared above I now start the trip in Cumbuco. I still arrive at night, but the guesthouse sends a shuttle to the airport
and I will rent the car either in Cumbuco or I will go back to town during the day.
Many thanks for your contributions to making my trip safer.

Return to “Kitesurfing”