Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Naish Foil Mast Compatibility

A forum dedicated to Hydrofoil riders
SENDIT!
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2000
Local Beach: Okaloosa Island
Favorite Beaches: In no particular order; Kailua Beach, Oahu; Lake Nitinaht, BC; OBX
Gear: Ocean Rodeo Flite 17 Aluula, North Reach 12, Ocean Rodeo Rise 10, Reach 9, Prodigy 7, Litewave Carbon Wing 165, Ocean Rodeo Mako 150, Poptart 139, Litewave Carbon Kick S 139, North Scoop/Sonar Surf Foil
Brand Affiliation: Mojo Actionsports

Naish Foil Mast Compatibility

Postby SENDIT! » Tue Dec 11, 2018 8:36 pm

Someone asked me what masts are compatible with Naish foils. Obviously Naish, but what others mesh with them? Thanks!

tautologies
Very Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Naish Foil Mast Compatibility

Postby tautologies » Wed Dec 12, 2018 9:43 pm

SENDIT! wrote:
Tue Dec 11, 2018 8:36 pm
Someone asked me what masts are compatible with Naish foils. Obviously Naish, but what others mesh with them? Thanks!
You mean the boards? I think Naish use the standard mast track.

SENDIT!
Very Frequent Poster
Favorite Beaches: In no particular order; Kailua Beach, Oahu; Lake Nitinaht, BC; OBX
Gear: Ocean Rodeo Flite 17 Aluula, North Reach 12, Ocean Rodeo Rise 10, Reach 9, Prodigy 7, Litewave Carbon Wing 165, Ocean Rodeo Mako 150, Poptart 139, Litewave Carbon Kick S 139, North Scoop/Sonar Surf Foil

Postby SENDIT! » Wed Dec 12, 2018 10:37 pm

No, I noticed that the mast is different than say, a Slingshot. You can't put a Naish fuselage onto a SS mast. Also looks like the bolt pattern wouldn't line up for the base plate, either. I've noticed that it seems like Slingshot, Cab, and Airush (bolt patterns, at least) seem to be compatible with each other. Naish seems to fall outside this and so I was wondering what might work with that for him.

Horst Sergio
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 1999
Gear: -
Brand Affiliation: kitejunkie.com

Account abandoned

Postby Horst Sergio » Wed Dec 12, 2018 11:03 pm

Hi Sendit,

yes there are a lot of brands buying the struts from other kite brands or directly from the same manufacturer in the industry as other kite brands do.

you can tell "someone" that it is very likely possible to use all parts conecting to the strut from GONG, as the strut profile seems to be the same.

Especially if you need one of 6 different board connections standards instead of the the weak looking abracadabra system, you may buy them all for round about the same price instead of abracadabra.

https://gongsupshop.com/epages/box1707. ... _detachees

Or someone may buy a new strut for 1/3 of the price

https://gongsupshop.com/epages/box1707. ... elagesMats

or as also the naish wings looks a bit strange with those kinks and again the connection a bit weak ... can buy a whole well designed GONG surf foil with an extra strut for the price of such a naish wing ... :wink:

https://gongsupshop.com/epages/box1707. ... il/Surfoil

But in alternative it is also possible to go on pay the naish team for their name and their low experience with foils. :roll:

SENDIT!
Very Frequent Poster

Postby SENDIT! » Thu Dec 13, 2018 7:57 pm

Thanks for the reply Horst Sergio. He already has the board and foil, but was asking me who all made short masts that might fit his board. Hence my question.

Thanks,
SENDIT!

Return to “Hydrofoil”