Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Search found 932 matches

Go to advanced search

by rynhardt
Sun Jun 09, 2019 6:43 pm
Forum: Gear Builders
Topic: The Boom! Board
Replies: 19
Views: 1986

Re: The Boom! Board

A short-ish video on my vacuum infusion setup..

by rynhardt
Fri Jun 07, 2019 7:13 am
Forum: Kitesurfing
Topic: What force turns a twintip?
Replies: 54
Views: 2122

Re: What force turns a twintip?

I guess my previous post above kind of supports Matteo's view that varying edging might be primary method of controlling direction in kitesurfing. And also that this way of control is very similar to how one controls a skateboard! It must be very easy to learn then. Who knows why I am struggling to...
by rynhardt
Thu Jun 06, 2019 8:03 pm
Forum: Gear Builders
Topic: The Boom! Board
Replies: 19
Views: 1986

Re: The Boom! Board

Got my housing for the speaker today :D
by rynhardt
Wed Jun 05, 2019 7:38 pm
Forum: Gear Builders
Topic: An object in a fluid
Replies: 23
Views: 1351

Re: An object in a fluid

Ok, answering my own question: https://openfoam.org/ (the engine) https://sim-flow.com/ (the cockpit to drive it) Just ordered the first parts for a CNC table I'll build soon. Steppersonline for my stepper motors, drivers, interface board and water cooled spindlemotor. Robotdig for splined pulleys,...
by rynhardt
Wed Jun 05, 2019 10:33 am
Forum: Hydrofoil
Topic: trimless bar setup for racing?
Replies: 23
Views: 2868

Re: trimless bar setup for racing?

everything is done from de depower sistem and I can get a huge range from my kites. You would have physically 1m range of trim with the system i am testing. I believe that it is 2-3 times more than on your present race bar correct? and all achieved without any rollers, swivels, trimming line, cleat...
by rynhardt
Mon Jun 03, 2019 5:08 pm
Forum: Kitesurfing
Topic: What force turns a twintip?
Replies: 54
Views: 2122

Re: What force turns a twintip?

Basically my question is : both hook pull and rocker are trying to rotate me and my board to go upwind (too much). It sounds like you are fighting the fins. The further the footpad is from the fin, the more leverage the fin will have. Try widening your stance width or moving the fins closer to the ...
by rynhardt
Mon Jun 03, 2019 12:06 pm
Forum: Kitesurfing
Topic: What force turns a twintip?
Replies: 54
Views: 2122

Re: What force turns a twintip?

The Force.. depends on your midichlorian count
:rollgrin:
by rynhardt
Sat Jun 01, 2019 9:38 pm
Forum: Gear Builders
Topic: The Boom! Board
Replies: 19
Views: 1986

Re: The Boom! Board

plummet wrote:
Sat Jun 01, 2019 7:53 pm
I applaud your engineering. But the last think I want is music when I'm in the ocean.
I'll be sure to keep my distance so you're not subjected to the sound of Billie Jean in passing. You may need to avert your eyes however if you don't want to see my rendition of the moon walk :lol:
by rynhardt
Sat Jun 01, 2019 12:18 pm
Forum: Gear Builders
Topic: The Boom! Board
Replies: 19
Views: 1986

The Boom! Board

For my next board I'm going to embed a JBL Go2 into the center. This little gem is IPX7 rated and has pretty decent sound. I've done some tests in the bath with it and it really does seem to be waterproof. And even if it isn't, it's only USD30! Anyway. Had to make the core a bit thicker to accommoda...
by rynhardt
Fri May 31, 2019 10:26 am
Forum: Gear Builders
Topic: An object in a fluid
Replies: 23
Views: 1351

Re: An object in a fluid

So... Now I have two prismatic hull shapes, with angled bottom and side faces. They have the same volume, and the same density (in this case, say the density is 0.8 relative to water). Their geometry is different. One hull (10% planing) is tall and narrow, and the other hull (90% planing) is short a...

Go to advanced search

cron