Forum for kitesurfers
Jordanis3r
Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby Jordanis3r » Sun Jun 29, 2003 7:24 pm

hey whats all this aaron bashing ?
he has come up with a good way to do handle pass type tricks and is wiping out the competition both here in the uk and on the world tours - and he's only 14 ...

good luck to the boy i say - so what if his style varies - why slate him?- his idea, it works, he kicks ass - deal with it ...

keeo it up A - on eday you will be old enough to buy me a pint too :thumb:

Alf
Frequent Poster

Postby Alf » Sun Jun 29, 2003 8:04 pm

You don't have to do handle-passes to end high, Christiaan Brouwer ended 5th together with Aaron, and as far as I know, he doesn't do handle-passes yet.

I even read some comment on one site, that it was definately that it took more than handle-passes to get high in the competition.

Nik_KiteAntigua
Medium Poster

Postby Nik_KiteAntigua » Sun Jun 29, 2003 11:17 pm

WOW!

Finally hit a nerve here.

Man, Windshreder, take it easy dude; I am not into foreign substances as I kite enough to get high (and mellow) off the natural endorphins that my daily kiteboarding sessions allow me. You seem to post a lot here; maybe you should ride more…its relaxing. :o

First things first:
naufragado wrote:First of all: Toby, nice pic. of Tobias. A rare instance of when a kiteloop should truly be scored in a comp.

Second: about the points made by Nik_KiteAntigua...

3. Who ever said that riding unhooked meant riding without a leash? For example, look at the pictures on previous posts of Hamish McDonald. Also, Vari is wearing a leash in his comps even though he never seems to miss.
Exactly, I never said don’t wear a leash. I use one, have always used one, even when it wasn’t cool to use one. As a matter of fact this brings up another annoying gadget issue. I never whined about a “spinning leashâ€

bobbi o
Frequent Poster

Postby bobbi o » Mon Jun 30, 2003 12:18 am

you need to take some time off your island dude and see whats happnin in the world,if it wasnt for the phat touristos that visit your island you'd still be peckin corn in yr backyard!

dude save the teak wishbone speel,tubular alloy was around in the 60's,unless your name is hoyle schweitzer and you were carvin in yr garage! you still got one? i'll give you 500 bucks for it....

Ozone Kites AUS
Very Frequent Poster
Weight: 75kg
Local Beach: Lennox Head, NSW, Australia
Favorite Beaches: There is a reason I live in Lennox Head.
Style: Old Coot. strapped surfboard
Gear: Ozone 6/8/10/12 Reo V5, 10/14 Enduro v3, Zephyr V6, Edge V10 10M, Alpha V1 8/14M, Firewire Vanguard 5'2" and Evo 5'1" and Delta Designs ReVamp 5'9" couple of custom Blacksheep surfboards Mystic Stealth harness and stealth rope slider.
Brand Affiliation: Ozone, AxisFoils, Armstrong, Core, Cabrinha, Slingshot, North

Postby Ozone Kites AUS » Mon Jun 30, 2003 1:52 am

Nik_KiteAntigua wrote:WOW!

Finally hit a nerve here.

Man, Windshreder, take it easy dude; I am not into foreign substances as I kite enough to get high (and mellow) off the natural endorphins that my daily kiteboarding sessions allow me. You seem to post a lot here; maybe you should ride more…its relaxing. :o

First things first:
naufragado wrote:First of all: Toby, nice pic. of Tobias. A rare instance of when a kiteloop should truly be scored in a comp.

Second: about the points made by Nik_KiteAntigua...

3. Who ever said that riding unhooked meant riding without a leash? For example, look at the pictures on previous posts of Hamish McDonald. Also, Vari is wearing a leash in his comps even though he never seems to miss.
Exactly, I never said don’t wear a leash. I use one, have always used one, even when it wasn’t cool to use one. As a matter of fact this brings up another annoying gadget issue. I never whined about a “spinning leashâ€

Nik_KiteAntigua
Medium Poster

Postby Nik_KiteAntigua » Mon Jun 30, 2003 12:37 pm

I guess I am not getting the message across:

I embrace technology and new ideas. That is for sure. Otherwise we wouldnt even be kiteboarding at the moment. The new kites and safety equipment that come out each year are incredible!

The crux of my argument is that when you are ready (e.g. good enough and condfident) to try a big move like handle passing or board off or unhooked moves......then go for it.

But if you are not good enough to go for it dont use a gadget to cut the corner to do so.

When the playing field is level the best rider shines; whether it is competing or free riding.

Alf
Frequent Poster

Postby Alf » Mon Jun 30, 2003 1:36 pm

The crux of my argument is that when you are ready (e.g. good enough and condfident) to try a big move like handle passing or board off or unhooked moves......then go for it.

But if you are not good enough to go for it dont use a gadget to cut the corner to do so
What is your point ?? I mean, what problems do you encounter in your life, because someone is using a handlepass ring ?? Man chill out. Judges in competitions know he uses the ring, they can score accordingly.
Now even the judges have been wooed by the gadget issue and that has finally pissed me off. I find it beyond belief that someone with a hula hoop could beat ANYBODY that pulls off unhooked and handle pass moves. Its just unreal.
Maybe, just maybe he beat people that do unhooked handle-passes because that is not all they are looking at. He pulls off a lot of moves, has great variety and style. I heard that people thought he should be the winner in his heat against Vari. I heard that his moves with a "handlepass" counted as normal loops.

Maybe you are a little too much focused on handle passes. It is called a kiteboarding competition, not a handle-pass competition !!! Christiaan Brouwer (also 5th) did not do any handle-passes as far as I know.

grtz,
Dènis

P.S. If I were you, I would start seeking counseling, because if you as a bystander gets pissed off because someone uses a handlepass ring, you've got some serious problems man.

MissionMan
Very Frequent Poster

Postby MissionMan » Mon Jun 30, 2003 1:51 pm

David Tybuski USA having to step aside for Martin Vari ARG, who executed a series of 'vari'ations of handle passes in his repertoire, most notably, a double handle pass over 20 feet high very close to shore, to the applause of the crowds! Of late, Vari's performances have been like a matador in the ring!
Sorry to change topic, but this guy is a monster!! Double handle passes? Whether or not you like handle passes, you have to respect that!

The comp between Vari and Hadlow should be an interesting one, especially since its the king of handle passes vs. the 14 yr prodigy. The one thing you can't take away from hadlow is he has style on the water. Just look at some of the board varial videos on http://www.howzitbros.com and you understand why he is popular.

hawaiikiter
Frequent Poster

Postby hawaiikiter » Mon Jun 30, 2003 2:01 pm

i think next year they will realize that you can do both at the same time and then we´ll see a 30-foot-high slim chance with a kiteloop and a board-off. and most likely some really serious wipe-outs.

it´s really lame how one thing is in one year and out the next and that some styles of riding seems to score higher.

bubba
Medium Poster

Postby bubba » Mon Jun 30, 2003 4:58 pm

The loop ring thing fits perfectly with the figure skating future of the sport.
I can't wait to here stories of how the Eastern block Judges are biasing events.
Has anybody asked Tanya Harding if she wants to learn kiting?
She'd fit right in.

You know whats a million time better than kiting?
laser sailing!!!!!!!!!
no fucking joke
Its fun, its cheap, and there is no way to fake it.
Just go out and ride
and f*** this BS

Return to “Kitesurfing”