3.4mgb PDF
http://www.maui.net/~vero/BoxerKite/BoxerKiteNaish.pdf

Sar
Rare Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby Sar » Sat Jun 28, 2003 5:35 am

I checked that link and that kite sounds perfect for me. Any idea how much it will cost?

I have an X3, and like it a lot. But I'm still learning, and I think this kite is better for me. When can I get it?

kitesurfbali
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Kite Beach, Sanur , Bali, Indonesia
Canggu, Bali, Indonesia
Lakey Peak, Sumbawa, Indonesia
Favorite Beaches: Too many....
Style: Waves shredder
Gear: Ozone, Airush, F-One, Peter Lynn - Kites
Airush, Underground, Surf X-treme custom - boards
Brand Affiliation: Peter Lynn, Ozone, Airush, Underground, F-One, Surf X-treme custom

Postby kitesurfbali » Sun Jun 29, 2003 5:07 pm

Hello there,
the boxer will be available in August in Bali.
Bye Jankie

T
Rare Poster

Postby T » Sun Jun 29, 2003 5:17 pm

Hi,

so what's the really cool thing about this Kite? OK, if it's cheap it is definitely cool but how to name "cheap"? The advertise sounds ok, but i think that's the same in all ad's. As i can see it's the same Bar as the X2...so there is nothing new...but tell me :)

kitesurfbali
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Kite Beach, Sanur , Bali, Indonesia
Canggu, Bali, Indonesia
Lakey Peak, Sumbawa, Indonesia
Favorite Beaches: Too many....
Style: Waves shredder
Gear: Ozone, Airush, F-One, Peter Lynn - Kites
Airush, Underground, Surf X-treme custom - boards
Brand Affiliation: Peter Lynn, Ozone, Airush, Underground, F-One, Surf X-treme custom

Postby kitesurfbali » Mon Jun 30, 2003 3:09 pm

Hello there,
from the info I got from the distributor, the boxer is intended as a beginner-intermediate low aspect kite build strong to last.
The price would about 20% chepaer then the current Aero2.
I still don't have the price but coming soon.
E-mail me for enquiry.
Bye Jankie

chicagokitesurfer
Very Frequent Poster

cheap

Postby chicagokitesurfer » Mon Jun 30, 2003 7:51 pm

Cost usually goes up with construction. Therefore if Naish is releasing a cheaper costing kite, I'm sure its "entry level" design is not meant to last long.

V
http://www.chicagokitesurfing.com

Johnpenxa

Re: cheap

Postby Johnpenxa » Tue Jul 01, 2003 4:04 pm

chicagokitesurfer wrote:Cost usually goes up with construction. Therefore if Naish is releasing a cheaper costing kite, I'm sure its "entry level" design is not meant to last long.

V
http://www.chicagokitesurfing.com

Such compelling speculation!!

:bye:

jp

sq225917
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 1996
Local Beach: Cleethorpes, Hunstanton, Lytham
Gear: Eleveight and Flysurfer

Postby sq225917 » Tue Jul 01, 2003 5:23 pm

cheaper kites =

improved wastage at the factory
cheaper wages
less complicated design
cheaper material
faster turnaround
more effective transport and warehousing
less stitching
faster manufacture
less advertising
less manufacture margin
less distributor margin
less shop margin

or more likely one or two of the above.

it would be rash of anyone to sell a crap kite in their brand as it detracts from the entire brand, i'm sure nasih have spent way too much money on building an uber brand to devalue it by releasing crap.

the nsk from wipika was never the best kite in the world but it was cheap and lasted well.

T
Rare Poster

Postby T » Tue Jul 01, 2003 5:38 pm

Hi,

I think there's too much Hype for a Kite like this. Ok it comes from Naish, but why do they produce it? Is the AeroII designed to fast and powerfull for a beginner? Are we going to have 4 "Types" of Kites? Beginner 1, Beginner 2, Intermediate, "Powermachines".

I'm not pissing Naish, i'm just wondering.

dt
Very Frequent Poster

Postby dt » Tue Jul 01, 2003 7:11 pm

The Boxer sounds to me like a good Naish marketing. When I was shopping for my first kites, I wanted kites that were for good for learning; stable, easy to relaunch and strong enough to take beginner crashes. I also wanted enough performance to keep me entertained for a couple of years. I also wanted cheap kites because I wasn't sure if I would like kiting or would even survive learning. The Boxer would have been perfect for me.

I think there is a market for four levels of kites, one for beginner lessons, one for newbie kiters, one that is a notch up in performance, like the Aero for waves or less aggressive kiters, and a top performance kite.

Beginners don't wants to buy a beginner kite because they are afraid they will outgrow them too soon. Also, even beginners don't want to be seen with beginner kites. However, beginner kites are ideal for beginner lessons and that is good market for them. If the lessons go well, buy Aero's if you can afford them or a Boxer's if you are more concerned with economy and durability than performance. By the way, I think a kite can be made stronger but cheaper by using cheaper but heavier materials but a increased weight decreases performance.

Lastly, I think there are a lot of people out there that would like to kite but can't afford it. Right now most kiters used to windsurf, which is not a cheap sport either. More windsurfers would have switched to kites if they could afford it. Where I live, a lot of surfers are expressing interest in kiting and there are about a eighteen trillion poor surfers. Cheap strong kites would interest them.

That said, I wish the sport was rediculously expensive so that it wouldn't get more crowded. And, if High School drop outs can afford to kite, kiting could become even more dangerous.

Thanks for listening.

Doug

Return to “Kitesurfing”